maus

Can I visit US with tourist visa regardless having K1?

25 posts in this topic

I am so sorry this has happened to you.

You don't have a time line so I don't know how long this took you and maybe it was very short so that is why he is unsure, maybe he expected it to take longer.

But if he is unsure of you, after going through the process, knowing what it costs (not financially) then maybe he is just trying to be very honest to not hurt you in the long run or maybe he just has cold feet.

To those who have blasted him because of this, they are ridiculous, everyone knows how tough this is and that you never know what it will truly be like after a long distance relationship. So I feel for you both.

At least he was honest before you made the sacrifice of moving your life and I wish more people did that instead of telling them afterward and sometimes after marriage.

I know it would be costly especially if he did decide this is what he wanted and the money wouldn't even matter then because it's worth it for a happy life.

So I think you should go, take the 90 days and see how you both feel after spending some more time together.

If it works then great and hopefully it will, but if it does not, than at least you tried!

If I didn't do it. I think I would have kicked myself for the rest of my life.

Follow what you think is best to do. And do it.

My Name is Daisy, I am British, I say things bluntly and to the point.
London K1, A complete guide -- >http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/474161-london-k1-a-complete-guide/
I am Daisy the Beneficiary, These are my views!
U.K. k1 visa, approved 2014.

NOA1: 20/03/2014

NOA2: 11/04/2014 (22 days)

Interview: 09/07/2014 (111 days)

D.O.E 29/07/2014

Married 29/08/2014

AOS from K1/K3 Guide -->http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1k3aos

AOS/EAD/AP Sent: 12/11/2014

Delivered at Chicago LB:15/11/2014

NOA1 (all 3): 17/11/2014

NOA1 (all 3) hardcopy: 24/11/2014(Notice date 20th)

Bio-metrics App letter: 28/11/2014(Notice date 21st)

Bio-metrics App Cleveland Ohio: 10/12/2014

EAD/AP:Approved/production 31/01/2015(update 2/2/1015) (80 days)

Combo Card: Mailed 5/2/2015

Combo Card: Delivered 6/2/2015AP

NOA: Approval Notice received 7/2/2015

Interview waiver letter: received 23/2/15 dated: 18/2/2015

Green Card: APPROVED 31/07/2015

(Remember, all my dates are British layout.. the proper layout!)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

They cancel your B1/B2 when they issue K-1 in your passport.

Thank you Pinkrlion for your information. As others also mentioned, I only have a choice to enter US with already issued K1 visa. So I'll see how it works out! Thank you again.

Timeline

WOW - What an ***-hole. Excuse me? He makes you go through this whole process now he is not sure?

You have some options:

1) Go for a holiday and return before 3 months. K-1 doesn't mean you HAVE to get married, you just need to do so within 3 months or leave. I'm not sure how this will impact a future application for B1/B2 but it doesn't seem fraudulent as long as you leave before 3 months. You can just say it didn't work out.

2) Cancel your trip and find a decent man.

DO NOT GO OVER TO TRY AND TALK HIM INTO MARRIAGE, HE IS NOT MARRIAGE MATERIAL. KICK HIM TO THE CURB.

Thank you ZA_35 for your information and mention. I think I'll take the first option, because I already feel bad and regret many things that I haven't tried enough for the relationship... we know each other over 10 years and have been together for 6 years, so he must have a good reason for what he is doing. I'll look for this and try to work out. Thank you again.

Timeline

Hi Maus,

Based on my experience, the embassy canceled my B2 visa (stamped with CANCELED WITHOUT PREJUDICE)

So you have to enter with you K1 visa, gentle reminder that it expires once you enter US soil. I'm not familiar with k1 visa extension, hopefully other members will chime in.

Best wishes

Blooms

Thank you blooms for your helpful information. I now know that I only can enter US with K1 visa for 90 days. I'll try that and if it doesn't work out, I'll leave the states within 90 days with a hope that it won't cause any further problem for the next trip to US. Well, it happens in life and now I think I should try to communicate more with him, so I'll risk my life for it. Thanks again.

Maus

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

Thank you for your advice Tim/Mav,

for me, I'd like to give a try at least, since there are not 100% of NO at his side... if it doesn't work out, I should leave US within 90 days... I'll get a return ticket anyway. I try to think hard, but my heart is telling me, I don't want to give up on this situation. So I'll work harder than ever for this. Thus, thank you for your advice from another sight.

Maus

Be careful about the return ticket. It could cause a red-flag. Unless its cheaper than a one-way ticket.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Be careful about the return ticket. It could cause a red-flag. Unless its cheaper than a one-way ticket.

No red flag. In many (if not most) cases it is cheaper, and CBP officers almost never

look at the actual ticket.

Flying in using a roundtrip ticket is no 'worse' than flying in on a one-way. She'll be fine.

SEP-1994 First met! 12-16-14 POE PHILADELPHIA

05-25-14 Engaged (what took us so looooong!!!?) 12-19-14 MARRIAGE (SIMPLE)

06-19-14 I-129F packet sent to Lewisville Lockbox (USPS overnight) 01-05-15 I-485 (AOS/EAD/AP) package mailed out

06-20-14 USPS messed up, and had to re-route! 01-12-15 NOA text/email received for AOS/EAD/AP

06-23-14 I-129F packet received at Lockbox 02-03-15 Biometrics (Indianapolis)

06-23-14 NOA1 Notice Date (routed to CSC, yay!) 04-07-15 EAD and AP approved, card ordered

06-25-14 NOA1 text/email received 04-14-15 EAD/AP Combo Card received by certified mail.

06-26-14 Check Cashed 06-15-15 Received letter about interview waiver. 6mo to go!

06-27-14 Alien Registration Number changed 08-06-15 Welcome Notice mailed, permanent status registered.

06-30-14 NOA1 hardcopy received 08-14-15 Green Card mailed to me.

09-24-14 NOA2 text/email received *APPROVED* 08-18-15 Green Card (which is green!) in hand!!

09-28-14 NOA2 hardcopy received

10-15-14 NVC received 05-17-17 Time to start ROC !

10-16-14 NVC case number assigned

10-21-14 NVC left (to Amsterdam Consulate)

10-23-14 Consulate Received

10-25-14 PACKET-3 Received (regular mail)

10-25-14 Online DS-160 submitted **** I am the Beneficiary (Fred) ****

10-27-14 Sent reply to Consulate (arrives 10-28)

10-29-14 Touched *** If you have questions about the K-1 journey coming

11-01-14 PACKET-4 Received (regular mail) *** from The Netherlands, send me a message !

11-26-14 MEDICAL *PASSED*

12-04-14 INTERVIEW *APPROVED*

12-06-14 Touched (Administrative Processing)

12-08-14 Touched (Ready)

12-09-14 Touched (Issued)

12-10-14 Received email that package was sent off

12-11-14 VISA IN HAND

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

What red flag?

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

Thank you very much for all your comments. It helped me a lot for organising next step.

I have been struggling if I should visit him or not. It seems like he has no interest for me in his life, I am now sort of calm down but still thinking about going to see him just to make my feeling more comfortable with it. I know we are not going to marry anymore if I visit him. So if I go, it will be a short trip to the U.S., then coming back within 90 days.

Here I have one more question.

If I won't go to see him with my Fiancee visa, do you think it would be hard for me to get another visa in the future for U.S.? Because that I won't go mans I will ignore the visa this time... I want to be sure, it doesn't effect my future visa. If it does, maybe I should see him anyway.

Thank you for all of your supports. I am glad to have you as my advisers.

Maus

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Not using this visa would not adversely affect any future ones.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.