iamkimberlyreyes

K1 sputum test slec, age out (merged)

26 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

My mom will undergo sputum test and it would take 2mons. I'm her dependent K2 and will be turning 21 this coming may. We need to wait for the result before we can have an.interview to the embassy. We are so worried because when we will have an interview on June I'm already 21. IS US EMBASSY WOULD GIVE CONSIDERATION WITH MY AGE? Tho the SLEC told us that they have many cases like me and they said the us embassy consider it.. Please help I need opinion

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Country-specific thread moved from Embassy/Consulate forum to the Philippines regional subforum. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

This is a question for the embassy, you need the real facts.

If there is a way for you to complete your interview early that would be what I suggest.

When emailing the embassy you must use the correct format with required information.

VISA INFORMATION AND APPOINTMENT SERVICE

Philippines: (632) 976-8500, (632) 976-8501 or (632) 976-8502, Monday-Friday, 8:00a.m.-8:00p.m. (Except on Philippine and US Holidays).

(If you're calling from a landlines, dial 02 if you're outside Metro Manila. Within metro Manila just dial the 7 digit number. If from a cell phone either 02 then the number or +632 then the number )

US: (214) 571-1600, during 8:00 p.m. to 8:00 a.m. (Eastern Standard Time), Visa Unit number.

GENERAL INQUIRIES:

*** This is an old number but has been working as of late: (632) 301-2000, extension 5184 or 5185

(02) 976-8500, 8501, 8502

U.S. number: (703) 520-2235 for general inquiries and scheduling appointments only (K visa information and interview appointments are handled by the Immigrant Visa Unit). NO TELEPHONE inquiries on an applicant’s case will be entertained. All case-specific inquiries must be in writing. The call center is accessible from Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., Manila time, except US and Philippine holidays.

Call Center customer service representatives are unable to provide advice, case status updates, or make determinations about legal aspects of cases. Callers are able to speak with an English-, Tagalog-, Ilocano-, or Cebuano-speaking operator.

NEW EMAIL ADDRESS

In order to serve our visa applicants more efficiently, we have created this new e-mail address:IVMNLAppointments@state.gov , for early appointment requests and visa scheduling issues. Please note, however, that early appointment requests will be approved on a case to case basis (i.e., aging out cases, or in cases involving personal or medical emergencies), and only if visa interview slots are available.

For other immigrant and K visa concerns, please send an e-mail to IVManilaReplies@state.gov
To enable us to electronically sort the messages and provide better, more timely responses, you should follow the instructions below.
The subject line of your email should indicate the visa applicant’s last name, first and middle name (ex. DOE, John James), case number/USCIS receipt number, visa category and priority date.

Messages should be limited to 500 characters or less. The mail size should not be more than 15 KB.
Do not submit documentation or attachments with your message as our system is unable to receive inquiries with attachments.
Do not send your inquiry more than once as duplicate inquiries will congest our system and delay our response time.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

My mom will undergo sputum test and it would take 2mons. I'm her dependent K2 and will be turning 21 this coming may. We need to wait for the result before we can have an.interview to the embassy. We are so worried because when we will have an interview on June I'm already 21. IS US EMBASSY WOULD GIVE CONSIDERATION WITH MY AGE? Tho the SLEC told us that they have many cases like me and they said the us embassy consider it.. Please help I need opinion

Timeline

goodmorning. I would like to ask about aged out process. We're from Philippines my mom and I are now on process of medical examination. It happens that last march 16,2015 the result of my mom's xray has an abnormality and will need to undergo sputum that will take 2mons. I'm her dependent which is K2 and will be turning 21 this May 28,2015. We are so worried because we gonna laps out because of the medical. The result will that sputum test will be available on May 28 also and thats the day when I'm gonna turn 21. We will have the interview at US embassy on early June because we still need to finish medical which is the vaccination if the sputum test is negative. By the time we will interview I'm 21 already, is it consider aged out even if we are on process? And would the us consulate give consideration for this..

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

***** three topics merged, 2 more without replies removed. Please do not post more than one thread on a question/ issue; if you have follow on questions, post them as a reply to this thread ****

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

read posts in this forum about CSPA. i was considered under this. came here when i was past 21 yrs old

They are K1/K2 filed using form I-129 whereas the CSPA covers all immediate relative visa petitions filed using form I-130 which is for a "Petition for Alien Relative" and the OP is not a relative of the USC who is petitioning the OP's mother for marriage in the USA. Therefore, CSPA does not pertain to her.

http://www.uscis.gov/green-card/green-card-processes-and-procedures/child-status-protection-act/child-status-protection-act-cspa

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

read posts in this forum about CSPA. i was considered under this. came here when i was past 21 yrs old

CSPA does not apply to the nonimmigrant K visas because there is no immigration petition.

Edited by aaron2020

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I know someone who entered the US as a K2 and 21 years old at the time. Funny thing is, USCIS didn't allow him to adjust status with his K1 mom. He was sent back to the Philippines and his mom had to file i130 for him. He's now under the F2B category and still waiting.

I don't have a solution to the issue but I'm very curious about the outcome. Keep us posted please.

Good luck!

Edited by apple21

Can an applicant request an earlier visa appointment?

Requests for earlier appointments may be sent to support-philippines@ustraveldocs.com. Please note, however, that early appointment requests will be approved on a case to case basis (i.e., aging out cases, or in cases involving personal or medical emergencies),and only if visa interview slots are available.

http://manila.usembassy.gov/kvisas.html

I recommend calling asap if you haven't already done so. Good Luck. Keep us posted as to your progress.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.