bluenight

administrative proceessing

38 posts in this topic

AP can be a variety of things. They could be reviewing your paperwork, doing additional background checks, or just about anything.

I would call the embassy on Monday to verify that you can pick up your passport/visa on Tuesday. When my husband(the fiance) had his interview in 2012(in Tunisia), he too was told he was approved and come back next week to pick up his passport/visa. I made sure he did not buy his plane ticket though, as I knew there was a chance for AP or even with say printing the visa. He went back on the day he was told and sure enough, he was told that sorry you are in AP now, here is your passport. We will call you when you can come back and bring your passport for the visa. It took almost 2 months for them to call him again and this was after us calling everyday to see if there was any news and also calling my senator(which we had done for the petition as it was past normal processing times). If you have already booked your ticket, and you don't have your visa, hopefully you can change the ticket.

Edited by KimberlyAhmed

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

There seems to be differing opinions on this, and my opinion is, the OP made a very bad decision buying an airline ticket, BEFORE he had his visa in hand!

My prediction, is AP is an awful thing, and you will be there for some time.

I just do not feel you will be traveling for quite some time! It is just my opinion.

I hope I am wrong, and you get your passport next Tuesday.,.,.,.,..but it is doubtful.,.,..,.at least to me.,.,.

But, good luck!

I was approved they took my passport and next wednesday i will have a year in ap.

After visa is approved and they keep your passport it always shows AP until visa is printed. Its normal. As to AP for security checks, consul advises that visa cannot be issued and applicant has to wait for it to be completed and that takes weeks/months. You can relax. Congrats!

AP is security and name checks can takes months 3 months atleast so just WAIT

Ap doesnt have timeline, i was approved in my interview , they took my passport.

Next wednesday i will have a year in ap.

Ap ebd when they want.

There are people who have 2, 3, 5, 6, 7 years in ap.

About 3 months that isnt truth.

Hi

I had my interview on 10 March and the CO said it's approved from her side and she gave me a yellow slip (221g) and took my passport.

What does it mean with yellow slip and the said that they will going to contact DC.

That mean you need wait.

Ap is a black hole, nobody knows when end.

Ap can be days, weeks, months or years.

soon i will have a year in ap.

So pray that your ap dont be long

Hi

I had my interview on 10 March and the CO said it's approved from her side and she gave me a yellow slip (221g) and took my passport.

What does it mean with yellow slip and the said that they will going to contact DC.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

when i go to the CEAC and check on my application its says " If your visa application is approved, it will be processed and mailed/available within two business days."

and when i had my interview i got approved and they asked me to come back after two business days to pick up my passport, inside the embassy it self there are some papers saying " when you get your visa approved to need to wait a two business days and then you can pick up your passport

Pray do hard that you dont get a long ap.

It doesnt matter what they at the interview, if they put you under ap , only they knows when that finish.

If on mondey the status doesnt change to isdued then get preper, on tuesday they will tell you : we will contact you wgen ap be over.

I have 2 years in this forum reading all kind of story.

I have next wednesday one year in ap, they approved and took my passport.

So cross fingers, but if you are from a muslin country dont wait your visa for tuesday.

I am no from a muslin country and i have one year in ap.

Sorry i dont want worry you but preper your mind.

I hope that you be luck and get your visa on tuesdsy.

when i go to the CEAC and check on my application its says " If your visa application is approved, it will be processed and mailed/available within two business days."

and when i had my interview i got approved and they asked me to come back after two business days to pick up my passport, inside the embassy it self there are some papers saying " when you get your visa approved to need to wait a two business days and then you can pick up your passport

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from K-1 Process forum to the Waivers/AP forum -- topic involves that phase. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Did your status on ceac change to issued?

What is the status today?

I wish that the status says issued.

can anyone explain to me what mean "administrative processing" i just had my interview couple days ago and i got approved, and when i check my case online its administrative processing

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

thanks for replying, i went to check my case on line and it says " ISSUED" im glad it didnt take long time to be issued

AP can be a variety of things. They could be reviewing your paperwork, doing additional background checks, or just about anything.

I would call the embassy on Monday to verify that you can pick up your passport/visa on Tuesday. When my husband(the fiance) had his interview in 2012(in Tunisia), he too was told he was approved and come back next week to pick up his passport/visa. I made sure he did not buy his plane ticket though, as I knew there was a chance for AP or even with say printing the visa. He went back on the day he was told and sure enough, he was told that sorry you are in AP now, here is your passport. We will call you when you can come back and bring your passport for the visa. It took almost 2 months for them to call him again and this was after us calling everyday to see if there was any news and also calling my senator(which we had done for the petition as it was past normal processing times). If you have already booked your ticket, and you don't have your visa, hopefully you can change the ticket.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.