20 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Edit: always seen on here that you must photocopy every single page of a passport to prove citizenship.

After reading the notes for the affidavit of support form, it does only say biographic page.

That is correct. When adjusting from a K-1, the only time anyone needs to provide proof of being a USC or LPR is for a joint sponsor that is going to provide an I-864. When a joint sponsor is providing proof, only the bio page of US passport is needed, if they go with that documentation.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: Timeline

I got a question. I got western union money orders today. I'm saying orders because the person at the place told me they don't do orders for over 1000 so I had to get two.. One for 1000 and another for 70. Is that fine...? That I send them both in...

Also, do I just put Department of Homeland Security on the orders or do I also put the address or what?

Timeline

Two money orders is fine. Others have had to do this before for that same reason. You can just make it out to 'U.S. Department of Homeland Security', or you can add the Chicago lockbox address you are mailing it to. Should work either way.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: Timeline

Thank you. I just want to make sure....when it comes to the tax forms. We've got the w2's but I'm wondering if there is any other tax forms that we need to send in. If any, what other tax forms there are that we should send in? I'm sorry if that sounds silly, I'm not too familiar with all this so I need to make sure we have it all before I mail it in, really don't want to get a rfe. If you know please tell me the exact names of the forms as I do not even know if there are any other tax forms or some additional forms to the tax form, thanks.

Timeline

You need a complete copy of your most recent return with all forms, attachments, schedules, W-2s and/or 1099s or an IRS tax return transcript. http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Get-Transcript

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.