sabir_khan

Overstayed on L1B , will there be any issue on B1 entry from a different company?

4 posts in this topic

Hi,
My B1 got stamped in 2008 and valid till 2018. I traveled to US on B1 only once in 2009.
My L1B got stamped in late 2009 and I visited US twice on L1B for long terms - 15 months each. I returned to India in July 2012 while my L1B visa and I-94 had expired in Feb 2012. I stayed because extension petition was filed. Due to a family emergency, I returned to India without waiting for petition decision and petition was later withdrawn by company ( upon my return to India ).
I have joined a new company and they are planning me to send to US on B1 visa, will there be any issue in light of above ?

Note - I am a Muslim and usually have to stop at airports for half an hour or so - at immigration and while boarding domestic flights. My visa application always goes to administrative processing.

Please suggest, I will be highly thankful.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

If you filed the extension in time, I believe you were covered while it was being decided on, so should be ok.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.