tonyb919

Does being able to make a appointment on usatravel docs mean they have my packet?

5 posts in this topic

I am really confused, earlier today I called the NVC about a approved expedite they told me the case was in a read only case but they will send a note to IDK I guess the NVC gods :rolleyes: .

So now tonight the wife is checking ustraveldocs and everything has opened up for us. We can schedule our appointments now, but the NVC still shows as our case being at the NVC, am i missing something or can everyone schedule a appointment while the case is still at the NVC

HELP!

If approved & open to make appt....do so

NVC does not update stuff right after speaking

to you

I have been calling them since last week when i got the expedite approval, today I demanded a supervisor and got real answers finally.

Ultimately my question is, if it is allowing me to make the appointment does that mean the consulate has my packet?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

hello,

may I ask when did you get your expedition approved?

they accepted our expedition request yesterday, the case status at CEAC still the same "At NVC", we don't know what to expect next.

How could your wife have access to schedule an appointment on ustraveldocs for an immigrant visa? I tried too but I don't know how!!

Edited by ibabu
Started talking on skype: Mar 28th, 2012
Got married: Feb 4th, 2014 (L)
I-130 sent (F2A case type): Feb 20th, 2014
USCIS approval (California Service Center): Apr 8th, 2014
Case received by NVC: May 20th, 2014
My hubby got his citizenship: Sep 19th, 2014
Case upgrade request sent: Sep 21th, 2014
case upgraded to CR1: Nov 26th, 2014
AOS and IV packages sent: Dec 28th, 2014
Checklist (cuz of missing info in I-864): Feb 27th, 2015 :crying:
Expedition request sent: Mar 3rd, 2015
Expedition under review email received: Mar 7th, 2015 :clock:
Expedition request approved: Mar 10th, 2015
Email confirming our expedition request approval received: Mar 11th, 2015
case status updated to "in transit" at CEAC: Mar 13th, 2015
case status updated to "Ready" at CEAC: March 16th, 2015
medical exam: Mar 23rd, 2015
interview date(visa approved: Mar 25th, 2015
visa in hand: Apr 7th, 2015

hello,

may I ask when did you get your expedition approved?

they accepted our expedition request yesterday, the case status at CEAC still the same "At NVC", we don't know what to expect next.

How could your wife have access to schedule an appointment on ustraveldocs for an immigrant visa? I tried too but I don't know how!!

Expedite was approved on March 6.

My status on CEAC still shows at NVC.

When i called the VAC in Santo Domingo this morning they told me that I should schedule the biometrics and the embassy interview for two weeks after the biometrics appointment.

SO CONFUSED BUT I WILL JUST MAKE THE APPOINTMENTS!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.