khaleesi_719

Recent transfered from TSC to CSC??????

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Believe me, you are not alone in your frustrations over TSC. My fiance and I filed back on July 2, 2014. A month later we were elated to see that a lot of the March and April filers had been transferred in August to CSC. We wrongfully assumed that it would speed things along because TSC was already into processing February by then. We thought heck, how can it take them ages to finish one or two months of petitions? Well, almost 8 months later we received our NOA2 - On January 23. This was after numerous phone calls to USCIS, complaints via the Director's frequent conference calls, letters to my Senators and an official Omsbudsman complaint.

Since you're only a few months in, and with no sign at the minute of transfers coming for anyone at TSC, let me give you some advice that helped us. Don't get me wrong - the months between NOA1 and NOA2 will test your patience and make you extremely angry.

1. Acknowledge that you may have another 3-4 months wait ahead of you. Don't get excited when you see a random late filer be approved. These are most likely expedites or incorrectly listed service center in their timeline. Prepare for a 7-8 month wait for NOA2.

2. Start preparing. Read up on the next steps in the process. After your NOA2 things move VERY fast. Within a month our case had left NVC, arrived at NVC, shipped off to the consulate, my fiance had his medical and filed all of his forms. We now just await an interview date. Start gathering the documents you will need. Read up on the embassy website where your fiance will have the interview and see what the specific steps are for that consulate. Some embassies allow you to schedule the medical ahead of time, others allow police certificates to be good for up to a year. You can start gathering everything possible early on while you wait for TSC.

3. Do not read threads about CSC vs. TSC. It always ends badly, especially with the HUGE discrepancy in processing times right now.You may end up doing what we did and avoid any CSC talk at all - including approval/congratulations posts. Harsh I know.. but it really wears you down eventually and there is nothing you can do about it.

4. Start preparing letters to your Senator so you can ship them off at your 5 months. Get involved (if you want to) in speaking out about the discrepancy. It hardly ever goes anywhere, but who knows.

5. Plan your future. If you two will be moving into a brand new place, plan it out and look at finances. Save money and start thinking about the wedding day and what you will do the first day you and your fiance are together here. Shop online for things you two will want to buy.

6. If you receive an RFE (request for evidence) respond to it as soon as possible with what's been asked of you. Usually receiving an RFE signals that an officer has touched your case and once they receive an acceptable response they seem to adjudicate within 30-60 days (even slow TSC).

These next months will go by very slowly but at some point you will also say to yourself "Wow has it been x months already?". It's a very frustrating position to be in and this process is ANYTHING but romantic. We make the best of it that we can.

So sorry this post went longer than I wanted. Just know you have a lot of company at TSC - both current, former and future filers. Hopefully someone who can balance out these workloads stands up and says something that levels out the playing field. In the meantime you will gain a whole new perspective on patience ;) You're about halfway with the current trend at TSC!

Good luck!

This was a great read for me right now. I needed this. Thank you.

We received our NOA1 Sept 19th and have yet to received an NOA2. We're getting married in October and I just feel like breaking down at this point. We even went through an immigration lawyer thinking that having all of our i's dotted and t's crossed would help, but we're at 6.5 months now. I am mostly worried about the process after the NOA2 taking forever also...but you say it goes fast - so that has definitely lifted my spirits a bit.

Thanks for taking the time to write this comment out.

[ Spring 2005 ] Met online, in-game (WoW)

[ February 2012 ] Finally admitted our true feelings after years of staying hush hush!

[ March 22, 2012 ] Made things official!

[ April 13, 2012 ] Met for the first time in real life and fell in love!

[ July 8, 2014 ] Got engaged!

[ September 10, 2014 ] Filled out paper work

[ September 19, 2014 ] Receipt Date

[ September 23, 2014 ] NOA1

And after 246 hellish days (8+ months) of being trapped in TSC purgatory....

[ May 27, 2015 ] NOA2 :)

[ September 16, 2015 ] Interview at the US Consulate in Montreal!

• 6 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Believe me, you are not alone in your frustrations over TSC. My fiance and I filed back on July 2, 2014. A month later we were elated to see that a lot of the March and April filers had been transferred in August to CSC. We wrongfully assumed that it would speed things along because TSC was already into processing February by then. We thought heck, how can it take them ages to finish one or two months of petitions? Well, almost 8 months later we received our NOA2 - On January 23. This was after numerous phone calls to USCIS, complaints via the Director's frequent conference calls, letters to my Senators and an official Omsbudsman complaint.

Since you're only a few months in, and with no sign at the minute of transfers coming for anyone at TSC, let me give you some advice that helped us. Don't get me wrong - the months between NOA1 and NOA2 will test your patience and make you extremely angry.

1. Acknowledge that you may have another 3-4 months wait ahead of you. Don't get excited when you see a random late filer be approved. These are most likely expedites or incorrectly listed service center in their timeline. Prepare for a 7-8 month wait for NOA2.

2. Start preparing. Read up on the next steps in the process. After your NOA2 things move VERY fast. Within a month our case had left NVC, arrived at NVC, shipped off to the consulate, my fiance had his medical and filed all of his forms. We now just await an interview date. Start gathering the documents you will need. Read up on the embassy website where your fiance will have the interview and see what the specific steps are for that consulate. Some embassies allow you to schedule the medical ahead of time, others allow police certificates to be good for up to a year. You can start gathering everything possible early on while you wait for TSC.

3. Do not read threads about CSC vs. TSC. It always ends badly, especially with the HUGE discrepancy in processing times right now.You may end up doing what we did and avoid any CSC talk at all - including approval/congratulations posts. Harsh I know.. but it really wears you down eventually and there is nothing you can do about it.

4. Start preparing letters to your Senator so you can ship them off at your 5 months. Get involved (if you want to) in speaking out about the discrepancy. It hardly ever goes anywhere, but who knows.

5. Plan your future. If you two will be moving into a brand new place, plan it out and look at finances. Save money and start thinking about the wedding day and what you will do the first day you and your fiance are together here. Shop online for things you two will want to buy.

6. If you receive an RFE (request for evidence) respond to it as soon as possible with what's been asked of you. Usually receiving an RFE signals that an officer has touched your case and once they receive an acceptable response they seem to adjudicate within 30-60 days (even slow TSC).

These next months will go by very slowly but at some point you will also say to yourself "Wow has it been x months already?". It's a very frustrating position to be in and this process is ANYTHING but romantic. We make the best of it that we can.

So sorry this post went longer than I wanted. Just know you have a lot of company at TSC - both current, former and future filers. Hopefully someone who can balance out these workloads stands up and says something that levels out the playing field. In the meantime you will gain a whole new perspective on patience ;) You're about halfway with the current trend at TSC!

Good luck!

I know this is an old post but thanks for these suggestions. I'm printing them and putting them on the fridge. And then I'm going to stop checking for the NOA 2 and keep busy with your ideas.

Thanks again

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.