Jump to content

Please help, petition mother

3 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

I'm in the process of becoming a US citizen and I already passed the interview, now just waiting for the ceremony oath. Anyway, once I become a citizen I want to petition my mother. She already lives in US and came with a tourist visa and her visa is expired. From what I've read I will need to send I-130 and I-485 forms, however I'm not sure what option should i select for I-485 Part 2 (application type) I can't find the option that states that she is the parent of a US citizen.

Thank you

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

If her visa expired, she has to leave. It will count as illegal stay - causing undue headaches for her green card processing. You need to attach copies of naturalization certificate or US passport (which you get only after taking the citizenship oath) along with I-130.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

There is a separate section of this site that deals with adjusting from a tourist visa. Whatever she should not leave without AP or better GC in hand.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.