G_One

F2A Executive Action - Immigration policy changes

36 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi All,

As announced recently that H4s (Wife's of H1 Visa holders) can work in the US from now on as part of the Obama's executive action.

However as part of the same Executive action is there any news of implementing it for F2A beneficiaries (Wife's and kids of LPR) to get visa faster like wife's of Citizens ?

Can some one tell me what policy change were planned for the F2A (If my understanding is not correct above) and when can that be likely to be implemented in real ?

Thanks

Edited by G_One

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

??

Not aware of any changes to F2a

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Widow/er AoS Guide | Have AoS questions? Read (some) answers here

AoS

Day 0 (4/23/12) Petitions mailed (I-360, I-485, I-765)
2 (4/25/12) Petitions delivered to Chicago Lockbox
11 (5/3/12) Received 3 paper NOAs
13 (5/5/12) Received biometrics appointment for 5/23
15 (5/7/12) Did an unpleasant walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX
45 (6/7/12) Received email & text notification of an interview on 7/10
67 (6/29/12) EAD production ordered
77 (7/9/12) Received EAD
78 (7/10/12) Interview
100 (8/1/12) I-485 transferred to Vermont Service Centre
143 (9/13/12) Contacted DHS Ombudsman
268 (1/16/13) I-360, I-485 consolidated and transferred to Dallas
299 (2/16/13) Received second interview letter for 3/8
319 (3/8/13) Approved at interview
345 (4/3/13) I-360, I-485 formally approved; green card production ordered
353 (4/11/13) Received green card

Naturalisation

Day 0 (1/3/18) N-400 filed online

Day 6 (1/9/18) Walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX

Day 341 (12/10/18) Interview was scheduled for 1/14/19

Day 376 (1/14/19) Interview

Day 385 (1/23/19) Denied

Day 400 (2/7/19) Denial revoked; N-400 approved; oath ceremony set for 2/14/19

Day 407 (2/14/19) Oath ceremony in Dallas, TX

" ...However as part of the same Executive action is there any news of implementing it for F2A beneficiaries (Wife's and kids of LPR) to get visa faster like wife's of Citizens ?... "

I've neither read nor familiar with the quoted Executive Action..

but wanted to point out LPRs maintain citizenship of another country. US law does not allow LPR spouse\kids derivative Immediate Relative (IR1/IR2) status for a faster visa.

USCIS

January 16, 2015 I-130 Mailed, Chi lockbox January 20, 2015 Priority Date, January 21, 2015 NOA1 notice date, Assigned VSC, January 23, 2015 Check Cashed, electronically March 5, 2015 NOA2

NVC

March 27, 2015 NVC received April 6, 2015 Case#, IIN# assigned April 8, 2015 Paid AOS + IV fee Invoices May 5, 2015 AOS + IV package submitted May 11, 2015 Scan Date

June 11, 2015 DS-260 submitted June 25, 2015 False checklist (for ds260).. hello? June 30, 2015 Answered checklist Aug 5, 2015 Escalated to Supervisor review Aug 13, 2015 Case Complete

Consular

Sept 10, 2015 Interview Scheduled Sept 11, 2015 P4 Letter received Sept 21, 2015 file In transit from NVC Sept 23, 2015 file at Embassy

Sept 28, 2015 Medical Oct 14, 2015 Biometrics Oct 15, 2015 Interview (Approved) Oct 19, 2015 IV visa Issued Oct 23, 2015 Passport Pickup

POE

Nov 2, 2015 Entered the US Nov 16, 2015 Applied for SSN, walk-in Nov 20, 2015 Social Security Card recd Jan 15, 2016 GC received

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

No, executive action is just for people who has been here for more than five years with clean background and has American kids...- with condition to learn English, pay taxes-

Those illegal immigrant who is waiting for deportation,

Until now that is what I know and there is no affectation to the F2A.

Our Time Line
Service Center : California Service Center
Consulate : Morocco
Marriage : 2013-05-13
I-130 Sent : 2013-10-08
I-130 NOA1 : 2013-10-18
I-130 Approved : 2013-11-06
NVC Received : 2013-12-03
Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2015-02-13
Pay AOS Bill : 2015-02-14
Send AOS Package : 2015-03-05
Submit DS-261 : 2015-02-14
Receive IV Bill : 2015-02-25
Pay IV Bill : 2015-02-26
Send IV Package : 2015-03-05
Case Completed at NVC : 2015-04-09
Interview Date : 2015-07-02
Processing
Estimates/Stats :
Our I-130 was approved in 19 days from our NOA1 date.
Our interview took 622 days from our I-130 NOA1 date.

wDjam5.png

ueaEm5.png

IDUUm5.png

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Hi,

There is no change to the F2a category or any of the other categories.

The executive actions deals with people illegally here. It has nothing for those doing it legally.

The only way to make the F2a faster is to increase the number of visas which requires Congressional approvals. Executive action can not increase the numbers of available visas.

You heard a rumor. It's not true.

Best of luck

Timeline

Ok so most of you do not know about this, but it is true it is part of the Immigration policy changes believe it or not. Any one who knows any news of this being implemented in near future ?

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2014/12/16/fact-sheet-president-s-immigration-accountability-executive-actions-thei

• Reuniting families by eliminating the backlog of family-based visas. Current family immigrant visa backlogs can separate family members for years and even decades.
    • Family-based immigration is the most common pathway to the United States for Asian immigrants. In 2013, nearly 221,000 Asian immigrants became green card holders through petitions filed by their U.S. citizen or permanent resident family members.
    • As of November 1, 2014, there were approximately 1.8 million Asian family-based immigrant visa applicants waiting to join their families. Immigrant visa applicants born in mainland China and India must wait up to 12 years depending on their visa category. Immigrant visa applicants born in the Philippines must wait up to 23 years depending on their visa category. Some 54% of Asian Americans surveyed in 2012 said that visa backlogs presented a significant problem for their families.
    • The Senate bill would eliminate the visa backlog, in part by exempting spouses and unmarried children of LPRs from annual limitations on family-sponsored green cards, treating them like spouses and children of U.S. citizens.
    • By adopting backlog reduction measures and increasing the limit on the number of immigrants allowed each year from individual countries, the Senate bill would eliminate current family visa backlogs in seven years and reducing future wait times for nations with the highest rates of immigration to the United States.

That Bill stands essentially zero chance of passing the House.

Widow/er AoS Guide | Have AoS questions? Read (some) answers here

AoS

Day 0 (4/23/12) Petitions mailed (I-360, I-485, I-765)
2 (4/25/12) Petitions delivered to Chicago Lockbox
11 (5/3/12) Received 3 paper NOAs
13 (5/5/12) Received biometrics appointment for 5/23
15 (5/7/12) Did an unpleasant walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX
45 (6/7/12) Received email & text notification of an interview on 7/10
67 (6/29/12) EAD production ordered
77 (7/9/12) Received EAD
78 (7/10/12) Interview
100 (8/1/12) I-485 transferred to Vermont Service Centre
143 (9/13/12) Contacted DHS Ombudsman
268 (1/16/13) I-360, I-485 consolidated and transferred to Dallas
299 (2/16/13) Received second interview letter for 3/8
319 (3/8/13) Approved at interview
345 (4/3/13) I-360, I-485 formally approved; green card production ordered
353 (4/11/13) Received green card

Naturalisation

Day 0 (1/3/18) N-400 filed online

Day 6 (1/9/18) Walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX

Day 341 (12/10/18) Interview was scheduled for 1/14/19

Day 376 (1/14/19) Interview

Day 385 (1/23/19) Denied

Day 400 (2/7/19) Denial revoked; N-400 approved; oath ceremony set for 2/14/19

Day 407 (2/14/19) Oath ceremony in Dallas, TX

Timeline

Hi,

There is no change to the F2a category or any of the other categories.

The executive actions deals with people illegally here. It has nothing for those doing it legally.

The only way to make the F2a faster is to increase the number of visas which requires Congressional approvals. Executive action can not increase the numbers of available visas.

You heard a rumor. It's not true.

Best of luck

I love when I see comment like this....and then someone shows the proof!!!

- Feb 22 2020 - Mailed Application (I-130, I-845....) to Chicago

- April 22 2020 - NOA 1

- June 1 2020 - RFE for I-944

- June 24 2020 - Replied to RFE

- Oct 25 2020 - Fingerprint done

- Nov 9 2020 - Case ready to be scheduled for interview

Timeline

I love when I see comment like this....and then someone shows the proof!!!

Please learn the difference between a Senate bill that has not passed the House or signed by the President versus an executive order. One is not the law. The other is the law.

Did you miss out on "I'm just a Bill" on School House Rocks?

Where is the proof?

Thank you for the burn, too bad for you it shows how ignorant you are of basic things like a bill versus a law.

Thank you for the proof of your ignorance.

Edited by aaron2020

Timeline

<p>

Ok so most of you do not know about this, but it is true it is part of the Immigration policy changes believe it or not. Any one who knows any news of this being implemented in near future ?

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2014/12/16/fact-sheet-president-s-immigration-accountability-executive-actions-thei

• Reuniting families by eliminating the backlog of family-based visas. Current family immigrant visa backlogs can separate family members for years and even decades.
  • Family-based immigration is the most common pathway to the United States for Asian immigrants. In 2013, nearly 221,000 Asian immigrants became green card holders through petitions filed by their U.S. citizen or permanent resident family members.
  • As of November 1, 2014, there were approximately 1.8 million Asian family-based immigrant visa applicants waiting to join their families. Immigrant visa applicants born in mainland China and India must wait up to 12 years depending on their visa category. Immigrant visa applicants born in the Philippines must wait up to 23 years depending on their visa category. Some 54% of Asian Americans surveyed in 2012 said that visa backlogs presented a significant problem for their families.
  • The Senate bill would eliminate the visa backlog, in part by exempting spouses and unmarried children of LPRs from annual limitations on family-sponsored green cards, treating them like spouses and children of U.S. citizens.
  • By adopting backlog reduction measures and increasing the limit on the number of immigrants allowed each year from individual countries, the Senate bill would eliminate current family visa backlogs in seven years and reducing future wait times for nations with the highest rates of immigration to the United States.

This is a Senate bill. It requires the House to approve it. Then the President has to sign it to become law. Under the current Congress and the atmosphere on Capital Hill, there is zero chances of this passing and becoming law.

Executive action is completely different. This had nothing to do with the Senate's bill.

Timeline

Please learn the difference between a Senate bill that has not passed the House or signed by the President versus an executive order. One is not the law. The other is the law.

Did you miss out on "I'm just a Bill" on School House Rocks?

Where is the proof?

Thank you for the burn, too bad for you it shows how ignorant you are of basic things like a bill versus a law.

Thank you for the proof of your ignorance.

Wow! I must agree with you: I am the most ignorant person on this earth...Thank for clarifying this, but your argument can not nulify the existance of "talks" regarding the family members of LPR. You flat out said no such thing exists, that it was nothing but a rumour. The link posted by the OP proves otherwise. I am ignorant but the bill exists.

Have a good day!

- Feb 22 2020 - Mailed Application (I-130, I-845....) to Chicago

- April 22 2020 - NOA 1

- June 1 2020 - RFE for I-944

- June 24 2020 - Replied to RFE

- Oct 25 2020 - Fingerprint done

- Nov 9 2020 - Case ready to be scheduled for interview

Timeline

This is a Senate bill. It requires the House to approve it. Then the President has to sign it to become law. Under the current Congress and the atmosphere on Capital Hill, there is zero chances of this passing and becoming law.

Executive action is completely different. This had nothing to do with the Senate's bill.

If this part of executive action had been passed I wouldn't have been asking about it here on VJ, it would be all over the place on the internet and in TV. But I only need its status, where it stands as of now.

And yes this is part of the executive action, if you are an Immigration attorney they say so and give authoritative advice so others can vouch on it, otherwise don't comment as final authority and don't cut out others opinions and comments please.

We are here to know from all knowledgeable members views on this topic and discuss the same.

Wow! I must agree with you: I am the most ignorant person on this earth...Thank for clarifying this, but your argument can not nulify the existance of "talks" regarding the family members of LPR. You flat out said no such thing exists, that it was nothing but a rumour. The link posted by the OP proves otherwise. I am ignorant but the bill exists.

Have a good day!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Has nothing to do with Executive Action.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.