Lee&Ana

cost of documents

66 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm not sure where this 6 month theory came from because the instructions say within the last year.

There is much written in VJ about 221g for breaking the 6 month thing. We went through the DOT process and knew folks who wanted to test going to the USEM interview with 6+ month old docs ... they were delayed with 221g.

I agree, the instructions and USEM should state the 6 month limit.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is much written in VJ about 221g for breaking the 6 month thing. We went through the DOT process and knew folks who wanted to test going to the USEM interview with 6+ month old docs ... they were delayed with 221g.

I agree, the instructions and USEM should state the 6 month limit.

I had heard the 6 month thing before from my visa "service" (hahaha). Last month my wife went to the interview with a 6 month and one week old NBI. Nothing was said about the age of it, only that it would not be accepted because it was in my wife's maiden name. Seems that was another of several things my visa "service" "overlooked".

I just can't come to terms with them not accepting what they asked for in the instructions.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm not sure where this 6 month theory came from because the instructions say within the last year.

Not a theory. And yes I know it states a year in the instructions letter. It is something that has been reported back many times, many have received a 221g for NBI or CENOMAR being over 6 months old.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Not a theory. And yes I know it states a year in the instructions letter. It is something that has been reported back many times, many have received a 221g for NBI or CENOMAR being over 6 months old.

I sent a copy of the instructions with the "within one year" thing highlighted just in case. It may not have done any good to argue but we would have. It's still beyond me how they could make up a verbal rule that contradicts their own written rule .. things like that are one of my pet peeves. And I can tell you with 100% certainty that they did not question my wife's NBI for being over 6 months. Maybe it varies from interviewer to interviewer?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I did a K1 at USEM in 2008, and having the documents no more than 6 months old was the standard and people were getting requested for up to date documents. Most were getting new documents about 1 month out

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

I sent a copy of the instructions with the "within one year" thing highlighted just in case. It may not have done any good to argue but we would have. It's still beyond me how they could make up a verbal rule that contradicts their own written rule .. things like that are one of my pet peeves. And I can tell you with 100% certainty that they did not question my wife's NBI for being over 6 months. Maybe it varies from interviewer to interviewer?

I am sure it varies with CO, same with the I-134 being listed for the K-1 and as of late the CO is not asking for it at all.

Have you completed CFO?

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.