Lee&Ana

cost of documents

66 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

My fiance is being difficult and after showing her this thread and the government websites she refuses to even consider being reasonable.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My fiance is being difficult and after showing her this thread and the government websites she refuses to even consider being reasonable.

A greater portion of marriages end because of finances. There comes a time that a level head must prevail.

IMHO there is more here then meets the eye. Good luck.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

It is not a matter of finances. It is a matter of paying more for something than it costs. Paying for convenience and service is one thing. Paying 6 times the price is a ripoff. I am well financed in this endeavor but i work too hard for my money just to give it away. She refuses to discuss it and wants to break up. She will not even entertain the possibility that she is being difficult.

Edited by Lee&Ana

It is not a matter of finances. It is a matter of paying more for something than it costs. Paying for convenience and service is one thing. Paying 6 times the price is a ripoff. I am well financed in this endeavor but i work too hard for my money just to give it away. She refuses to discuss it and wants to break up. She will not even entertain the possibility that she is being difficult.

She just proved my point.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hmm! That sure made a red flag pop up on my ol' radar!

Gut reaction was - she was padding the costs to get more money out of you. Have you been sending her money regularly? (hope not)

... run Forrest!! Run!!

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Wow that sucks. Breaking up because of this. There are a lot of problems more worst than this that you can possibly encounter. I bet it is an enlightenment on your part. Goodluck OP. Wish you all the best.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

You can prevent problems like this by doing your research in advance, before sending money that is for a specific reason.

Much of the Philippines is very desperate and petitioners can be viewed as an opportunity to provide needed things for the families. Such as food money. She most likely thinks that if you sent the money then it is ok and now in her eyes you are back peddling.

I have to disagree with some of the thoughts here defending her intentions. A scammer is not going to give up ill-gotten finances easily. She is going to defend her territory so the money train doesn't stop. I don't think this is the first time this issue has come up because I think the OP had a light pop up over his head and he is smart enough to start asking some questions here in the forums. It's now between them and how they work through this.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline

I have to disagree with some of the thoughts here defending her intentions. A scammer is not going to give up ill-gotten finances easily. She is going to defend her territory so the money train doesn't stop. I don't think this is the first time this issue has come up because I think the OP had a light pop up over his head and he is smart enough to start asking some questions here in the forums. It's now between them and how they work through this.

I agree. And folks should take the time to read Hank's guide, read the valuable info in previous VJ threads, and take the time to google the updated cost of things before sending money so the light bulb is already on.

Timeline

You cannot get a passport without physically going to any DFA office, the agencies that offers passport service assistance only lines for you so when you go to the DFA office you'll proceed to the step where your photo needs to be taken and the remaining procedures after that. And service fee for most high end travel agencies that offers passport assistance is around 500 pesos (that's on top of the passport fee which is 950 or 1200 for expedite), 1000 pesos will be too much.

now question is, who's ripping of who.

Edited by smileslovesninj

The OP is getting ripped off by both. First by the agencies (I understand your paying for a service and that service is that they can grease someone's palm and move the applicant to the head of the line) but more importantly is her unwillingness to compromise. That's one of the building blocks to a good marriage. We can't have everything "our way".

My wife and I were talking about this and she said that while we were going through the process she thought that Americans worked hard for their money and after she got here in the US and got her first job she has confirmed what she already knew.

Good for the OP for recognizing that he works hard but he needs to convey that to his "fiancée" if not he needs to move on.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.