mussim0000

what does w-2 or 1040 means?

16 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

It means taxes..

USCIS

Chicago lockbox

09/02/16: I-130 + I-485 + I-765 Sent (USPS)

09/15/16: Email/Text from LockBox@USCIS

09/19/16: I-797-C letters received

09/27/16: BIO early walk-in (10/06/2016)

10/05/16: I-485 RFE email received

10/11/16: RFE yellow letter received/RFE package sent

10/13/16: RFE package delivered (USPS)

10/14/16: RFE package received by USCIS (Email received from USCIS)

11/23/16: I-765 was approved. Card ordered (Expedite processing/Job offer)

11/28/16: EAD Card was mailed

12/01/16: EAD Card was in the mail

05/15/16: Interview scheduled for 6/13/17

6/13/17: Interview. Not approved in the spot. IO wanted to check for gonorrhea test on I-693. She said maybe we could get RFE.

6/19/13: I-797C Letter on the mail. I-130 was approved. 

6/26/17: Email update: Green card production was ordered on 6/24/17

6/29/17: Email saying card was mailed on 6/28/17

6/30/17: We received the card. 

6/30/17: Waiting for ROC in 2 years (6/13/19)

ROC

03/16/19: Sent by USPS

03/19/19: Ready for PickUp ny USPS

03/22/19: Check cashed by USCIS

03/25/19: Extension letter received

11/22/19: BIO 

04/27/2020 Got Email Text saying Card is being produced (Interview waived) 

04/28/2020 Got Email/Text saying Approval letter sent 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

It means taxes..

is w2 given after 1040 or vice versa? my wife is in Usa frm last 4-5 years and is Lpr and according to her she told she dnt have idea abt form 1040 bt she have w2.. which income to write in Aos form i846?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Form 1040 is an income tax return form. So are 1040A and and 1040EZ (and maybe some others also). Everyone that has income in the US files a tax return after they get their W-2. Maybe your wife is paying someone to file her taxes and is not familiar with the form number?

Timeline

Form 1040 is an income tax return form. So are 1040A and and 1040EZ (and maybe some others also). Everyone that has income in the US files a tax return after they get their W-2. Maybe your wife is paying someone to file her taxes and is not familiar with the form number?

that means w2 is given by company and 1040 after w2 is filed....

The W-2 is a summary of income and deductions for the tax year. This is provided by the employer. This information is then used to fill out the 1040 form when filing one's taxes. ~~~

:energy:I am the beneficiary :energy:

h5Wpm5.png

event.png

event.png

Apr 18, 2014 ~ Date of Marriage (City Hall - New York, NY USA) (L)(F)(L)

USCIS

Jun 02, 2014 - I -130 package mailed to Chicago Lockbox via USPS (Priority Mail)

Jun 04, 2014 - I -130 package delivered

Jun 05, 2014 - PRIORITY DATE B-)

Jun 08, 2014 - NOA1 (USCIS acceptance confirmation via e-mail)/package routed to VSC

Jun 12, 2014 - NOA1 (hard copy)

Mar 24, 2015 - Transfer Notice (e-mail)

Mar 28, 2015 - Transfer Notice. Case transferred to California Service Center (regular mail)

Mar 31, 2015 - NOA2 (e-mail) Yipppiiiieeeee!!! :dancing::dance:

Apr 04, 2015 - NOA2 (regular mail)

NVC

Apr 27, 2015 - NVC received case

May 12, 2015 - Affidavit of Support (AOS) Fee invoiced

May 15, 2015 - NVC Welcome Letter (regular mail)

May 26, 2015 - DS-261 (Choice of Agent Form) submitted

May 26, 2015 - AOS Fee paid (Staus: In Process)

May 27, 2015 - AOS Fee (Staus: Paid)

Aug 12, 2015 - IV Fee paid (Staus: In Process)

Aug 14, 2015 - IV Fee (Staus: Paid)

Aug 27, 2015 - I-864 EZ filled out

Aug 27, 2015 - DS 260 submitted

Aug 28, 2015 - AOS and IV packages mailed to NVC

Aug 31, 2015 - NVC receives AOS and IV packages

Sep 03, 2015 - NVC confirms they rec'd packages (e-mail)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Poland
Timeline

what is form 1040 means? is it given after w-2 or w-2 is given

after filing 1040???? should everyone file form 1040?

W-2 is received from the employer by the end of January of each month.

1040 is federal income tax return form and needs to files by taxpayer before April 15th each year. W-2 provides inputs to file 1040.

Timeline

In part 6. Sponcer's Income and Employment (continued)

5. My current individual annual income is $ ______________.

What should i write here, Annual Gross income or Net Income and of which Tax return or W-2????

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

In part 6. Sponcer's Income and Employment (continued)

5. My current individual annual income is $ ______________.

What should i write here, Annual Gross income or Net Income and of which Tax return or W-2????

If your wife has been filing taxes for the past 5 years she has been in USA (she is supposed to file taxes every year as an LPR by law. Failing to do which her greencard can be revoked), she would definitely know what this is. You need her W2s, Tax return transcripts and pay stubs as proof of income to be submitted along with I864.

Please dont write any number in the Annual Gross Income field. It has to match exactly with the tax return she filed. if it doesnt, your application can be delayed for a long time or even denied. If your wife has not been filing tax returns for the past years as an LPR, i would suggest you contact an immigration attorney immediately.

I dont mean to make you panic, but the issue is serious here.

Timeline

If your wife has been filing taxes for the past 5 years she has been in USA (she is supposed to file taxes every year as an LPR by law. Failing to do which her greencard can be revoked), she would definitely know what this is. You need her W2s, Tax return transcripts and pay stubs as proof of income to be submitted along with I864.

Please dont write any number in the Annual Gross Income field. It has to match exactly with the tax return she filed. if it doesnt, your application can be delayed for a long time or even denied. If your wife has not been filing tax returns for the past years as an LPR, i would suggest you contact an immigration attorney immediately.

I dont mean to make you panic, but the issue is serious here.

i m sorry sir she is regularly filing it bt was unknown abt form 1050Ez. i told her u must have filed it and later she got it on her box. she doesnt care much abt it. finally thank god. Now sir my same question again

what should i write in Part 6 Section 5 Current individual annual Income? Gross or Net which is in 1040ez form. Does tax return and 1040ez means same?

what that tax return transcrip means?

Timeline

i m sorry sir she is regularly filing it bt was unknown abt form 1050Ez. i told her u must have filed it and later she got it on her box. she doesnt care much abt it. finally thank god. Now sir my same question again

what should i write in Part 6 Section 5 Current individual annual Income? Gross or Net which is in 1040ez form. Does tax return and 1040ez means same?

1040EZ is your tax return. Tax return transcript is the official tax return thats kept on file in IRS. Its proof that you filed your taxes for that year. You can get the IRS tax transcripts for the past three years by going to http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Get-Transcript

As far as Part 6 Section 5 of I-864 is concerned, please look at the instructions here http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-864instr.pdf. Scroll down to Part 6 Section 5. You will write the official salary of your wife in there. You need past months pay stubs, salary letter from employer to back that claim.

Hope it helps

Timeline

Oh also for Part 6 Section 13, you need 1040EZ (line 4) or tax transcripts for last three years. You need to enter "Adjusted Gross Income". Dont make a mistake on this one. Applications get delayed because of this.

Timeline

1040EZ is your tax return. Tax return transcript is the official tax return thats kept on file in IRS. Its proof that you filed your taxes for that year. You can get the IRS tax transcripts for the past three years by going to http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Get-Transcript

As far as Part 6 Section 5 of I-864 is concerned, please look at the instructions here http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-864instr.pdf. Scroll down to Part 6 Section 5. You will write the official salary of your wife in there. You need past months pay stubs, salary letter from employer to back that claim.

Hope it helps

she dnt have time to get transcript coz my interview is in next week. can i take those tax returns paper instead of that? where can i see amount directly for Part 6 section 5? on her tax return or w-2 or 1040ez? thanks sir

Timeline

she dnt have time to get transcript coz my interview is in next week. can i take those tax returns paper instead of that? where can i see amount directly for Part 6 section 5? on her tax return or w-2 or 1040ez? thanks sir

Tax returns will be fine. Part 6 section 5 is her current salary. What does she make now according to her employer? how much money she makes every year? if she is not sure, just type the net income from the latest W2

Timeline

Tax returns will be fine. Part 6 section 5 is her current salary. What does she make now according to her employer? how much money she makes every year? if she is not sure, just type the net income from the latest W2

she is under poverty line this year coz she didnot did overtime job. so we r keeping her sister as Joint sponcer who earns enough. her per hour income increased before 2 months. Net income from W-2?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.