Umka36

Man burned by fajitas while praying can't sue Applebee's

31 posts in this topic

According to the ruling, Jimenez ordered fajitas that were placed in front of him in a "sizzling skillet." When he bowed his head "close to the table," the ruling says, Jimenez heard "a loud sizzling noise, followed by 'a pop noise' and then felt a burning sensation in his left eye and on his face."

In an incident report prepared for Appelebee's, Jimenez said he was burned on his face, neck and arms after "grease popped" on the fajitas.

Sounds like natural selection at work to me.

His lawsuit said a waitress did not warn Jimenez that the dish was hot. It argued Jimenez suffered "serious and permanent" injuries "solely as a result of (Applebee's) negligence when he came in contact with a dangerous and hazardous condition, specifically, 'a plate of hot food'."

A trial judge dismissed the suit, finding Applebee's — a California-based chain with more than 1,900 restaurants — was not required to warn Jimenez "against a danger that is open and obvious."

Finally a judge with some common sense.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

True story, I used to work in a restaurant. I was delivering a sizzling fajita plate to a table once and as I was dropping the plate at the table a piece of rice popped up and hit me in the eye. It hurt but I didn't sue anyone.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

He wasn't warned that the sizzling fajitas were hot? What - if not the heat - did he think made them fajitas sizzle?

Only in America!

What, he had to be warned? Have you ever seen/heard them brought out? What makes the sound? What makes the steam? Why are they called sizzling? Sheesh, I suspect alcohol may have played a part in this. And why was he praying with his face in front of them with his eyes open? Nominated for a Darwin award.

True story, I used to work in a restaurant. I was delivering a sizzling fajita plate to a table once and as I was dropping the plate at the table a piece of rice popped up and hit me in the eye. It hurt but I didn't sue anyone.

What's wrong with you?

Timeline

What's wrong with you?

Well, I'm a liberal so I was waiting for someone to do it all for me. It didn't happen so I voted more Democrat at the next opportunity. Like I should have to bring my own legal suit.

Well, I'm a liberal so I was waiting for someone to do it all for me. It didn't happen so I voted more Democrat at the next opportunity. Like I should have to bring my own legal suit.

Makes sense. If Hillary wins in 2016, everyone who votes for her will get one free lawsuit each.

Life is good in the muddy left ditch!

Edited by Teddy B

Timeline

Makes sense. If Hillary wins in 2016, everyone who votes for her will get one free lawsuit each.

I like to go muddin' with my Prius

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

I received the latest issue of 'Conspiracy Weekly' and there is a special promo for the elections. If you vote for Hillary 5 or more times and do it early she will extend your Obama Free Shyte Swag Bag for her two terms. You get to keep all of the Obama free shyte and get the free lawsuit on top of it. It's a great deal. I've signed up for it and every illegal immigrant and dead person I know has also signed up.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org