I AM NOT THAT GUY

DoJ's Ferguson Report: 'Hands Up, Don't Shoot' Claims Are 'Inaccurate'

23 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

A new Department of Justice report on the shooting death of Michael Brown in Ferguson, Mo. last year confirms that Brown did not surrender with his hands up as he approached police officer Darren Wilson.

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/414867/dojs-ferguson-report-hands-dont-shoot-claims-are-inaccurate-andrew-johnson

No surprise there.

Edited by I AM NOT THAT GUY

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Will the rioters and looters reimburse the town of Ferguson for their losses now? :jest:

Probably not. They've regrouped in the streets today demanding immediate action based on the DOJ report. Let's see what transpires under cover of darkness.

Probably not. They've regrouped in the streets today demanding immediate action based on the DOJ report. Let's see what transpires under cover of darkness.

hands-up-don-t-shoot.american-apparel-un

Will the rioters and looters reimburse the town of Ferguson for their losses now? :jest:

Probably not. If one believes the results of the investigation, then - hands up or not - all that anger was there for a reason.

FERGUSON, Mo. -- The federal government on Wednesday called for a massive overhaul of the law enforcement practices of this St. Louis suburb in a scathing report that found the city regularly engaged in unconstitutional practices that had the heaviest impact on Ferguson’s black residents.

Probably not. If one believes the results of the investigation, then - hands up or not - all that anger was there for a reason.

There could be no justifiable anger of that magnitude when no one really knew what happened with the shooting. It was nothing but a kneejerk reaction by a bunch of lowlifes looting free shyte. That's all looting ever is.

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

What we know now may lead to the conclusion that the entire kerfuffle was not a reaction to the shooting alone. The shooting was the final straw in a situation that was bad to begin with, the result of years of blatant racism and prejudice...

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/04/us/justice-department-finds-pattern-of-police-bias-and-excessive-force-in-ferguson.html?_r=0

Ferguson Police Routinely Violate Rights of Blacks, Justice Dept. Finds

WASHINGTON — Ferguson, Mo., is a third white, but the crime statistics compiled in the city over the past two years seemed to suggest that only black people were breaking the law. They accounted for 85 percent of traffic stops, 90 percent of tickets and 93 percent of arrests. In cases like jaywalking, which often hinge on police discretion, blacks accounted for 95 percent of all arrests.

The racial disparity in those statistics was so stark that the Justice Department has concluded in a report scheduled for release on Wednesday that there was only one explanation: The Ferguson Police Department was routinely violating the constitutional rights of its black residents.

There could be no justifiable anger of that magnitude when no one really knew what happened with the shooting. It was nothing but a kneejerk reaction by a bunch of lowlifes looting free shyte. That's all looting ever is.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Racial tension cannot be denied. I acknowledge the battles picked are not the best, but losing the ones they should have won, like Trevor Martin, just reinforces the idea that no justice for black folk is a reality in the US. Until some sort of positive and meaningful effort is made to relieve such tension, these confrontations will continue. I wonder when Obama will fix this. :clock:

What we know now may lead to the conclusion that the entire kerfuffle was not a reaction to the shooting alone. The shooting was the final straw in a situation that was bad to begin with, the result of years of blatant racism and prejudice...

How could the shooting have been the final straw for anyone with an ounce of common sense when no one knew what happened? It was kneejerk foolishness, that's all looting ever is. And the animals destroyed the lives of the hardworking working business owners in Ferguson as well. There is never any excuse for that type of behavior by anyone living in a civilized society. There really isn't much that I despise more than rioting and mob mentality. Too many innocent people get hurt or killed.

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

I am not justifying the rationale, because obviously there wasn't any. IMHO the entire thing was a powder keg and the shooting lit it up like a xmas tree.. When you're angry or feeling frustrated you don't need much to set you off... Have you ever driven miles to find an ATM only to find out it was not working when you got there in desperate need of cash? I'm just saying....

How could the shooting have been the final straw for anyone with an ounce of common sense when no one knew what happened? It was kneejerk foolishness, that's all looting ever is. And the animals destroyed the lives of the hardworking working business owners in Ferguson as well. There is never any excuse for that type of behavior by anyone living in a civilized society. There really isn't much that I despise more than rioting and mob mentality. Too many innocent people get hurt or killed.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Racial tension cannot be denied. I acknowledge the battles picked are not the best, but losing the ones they should have won, like Trevor Martin, just reinforces the idea that no justice for black folk is a reality in the US. Until some sort of positive and meaningful effort is made to relieve such tension, these confrontations will continue. I wonder when Obama will fix this. :clock:

Trayvon Martin is marginal as well, there was nothing slam dunk there.

I am not justifying the rationale, because obviously there wasn't any. IMHO the entire thing was a powder keg and the shooting lit it up like a xmas tree.. When you're angry or feeling frustrated you don't need much to set you off... Have you ever driven miles to find an ATM only to find out it was not working when you got there in desperate need of cash? I'm just saying....

I'm not sure how that scenario fits into the equation.