myidentity07

Tourist visa denied b2

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi,

I had applied for tourist visa(b2) last year in June to visit my gf in US but it was denied stating that I m a potential immigrant. During the interview they had just asked what I do, how we know each other, where is she from and how we had met. It was supposed to be our first meet, to show my ties I had a job where I had been employed for 3 years. They did not ask for any documents and denied the visa.

We planned again and she visited me instead. We filed for the k-1 visa as we decided we want to spend the future together. I applied for a tourist visa in Feburary 2015 after we had filed the k-1 in January. The k-1 has a longer process and we had wished to spend the Easter holidays together. We were quite confident that the visa will be approved as unlike the first time, as we had already met and also had filed for k-1.

Unfortunately, they denied the visa with the same reason stating I'm a potential immigrant which was a bit hard to digest as I informed during the interview that we have the k-1 filed.

We are currently waiting for the k-1 to be processed but will it advisable to apply for the tourist visa again so we can spend some quality time together.

Will it effect the k-1 process if the tourist visa got denied again or are we just better off waiting for the k-1 to be processed.

Please share your inputs.

Forget about B visas, focus on K-1. Good luck.

N400

12/06/2014: Package filed

12/31/2014: Fingerprinted

02/06/2015: In-Line for Interview

04/15/2015: Passed Interview

05/05/2015: Oath letter was sent

05/22/2015: Oath Ceremony

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

The visa officer will most of the times assume you as an intended immigrant if u have strong ties in US.

The fact that you have already applied for k1 will make their inference only stronger, appling k1 is not a positive point for applying a b2 visa.

So you just focus on k1 and when granted you are eligible to go to see ur gf , get married and can apply for adjustment of status

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Suggest she visits

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

The visa officer will most of the times assume you as an intended immigrant if u have strong ties in US.

The fact that you have already applied for k1 will make their inference only stronger, appling k1 is not a positive point for applying a b2 visa.

So you just focus on k1 and when granted you are eligible to go to see ur gf , get married and can apply for adjustment of status

Thanks for your input, the second time I had applied for visa, we had gotten engaged so there was a change in circumstances as they request for. The reason was to spend the eater holidays with my fiancée so was not really sure about the denial when we were going through the right process.

We are waiting for the k-1 to be processed as of now.

Timeline

The same scenario had happened with a friend when he had wished to visit his fiancée while their had been filed but his was approved. He did mention about during his tourist visa interview which just makes the denial in my case more confusing.

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

Thanks for your input, the second time I had applied for visa, we had gotten engaged so there was a change in circumstances as they request for. The reason was to spend the eater holidays with my fiancée so was not really sure about the denial when we were going through the right process.

The same thing happened to me aswell. I was a conditional green card holder uptill dec 2012 and did not apply for renewal and came back within the validity of card as me and my spouse had certain issues, so we were on and off talking terms till mid of last year when we finally decided to be together again (!we never divorced)

I applied for the tourist visa and they refused me coz i had strong family ties in us which made me the inteded immigrant so my wife again had to file i130 for me this september

So all the best for your k1 journey

Perhaps you two should marry in India and apply for the IR visa with the I-130 process.

Why? This makes no sense with a pending K-1.

Op, unfortunately your soon to be spouse will have to visit you until the K-1 gets approved. Good Luck!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

You can apply for a B-2 again all you want, however with immigrant assumed and a K-1 in the process showing further immigrant intent, it's highly unlikely it'll be approved, and you'll be told to wait for the K-1.

November 14th, 2013: She's here!

December 12th, 2013: Picked up marriage license.

December 14th, 2013: Wedding

6gai.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

By law, all tourist visa applications are viewed as 'intending immigrant',

unless and until

you show evidence that you have strong ties to your home country,

overcoming the 'intending immigrant' checklist. I won't like 'the list' here, for the strong ties, suggest you study it yourself.

Now that a K-1 is in play, is very difficult, almost impossible, to get a B-2 visa.

Sure, you could keep applying, but the 'change in circumstances' the Consulate is asking about, is about stronger/higher ties to your home country.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

This comment is so bad its almost good, hehe.. but it is true.

I also suggest you continue to pursue your K1 and hopefully soon will be together for good.

:luv:

You won't get a tourist visa but the US gov't apreciates your donation each time you get denied.

:yes:Intelligence trumps muscle... Imagination trumps both! :yes:

IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Service Center : Nebraska Service Center
Consulate : Cd. Juarez, Mexico
Met: January, 2006 :D
Marriage (if applicable): 2012-10-26 (L)
I-130 Sent : 2014-08-01
I-130 NOA1 : 2014-08-04

I-130 NOA2 : 2015-05-14

Shipped to DoS: 2015-05-22

Received at NVC: 2015-06-01

Case Created at NVC: 2015-06-10 (from Julian Date calculation)

AOS and IV Fee Invoiced: 2015-06-11
AOS and IV Fee Paid: Website down as of 06-15... Just waiting...
AOS and IV Fee Paid: 2015-07-05 CEAC site finally UP! :dancing:

AOS and Civil Docs received at NVC: 2015-10-13

NVC checklist for obsolete i864: 2015-11-25

Submit updated i864: ?????? when my lawyer desires... :clock:
Submit updated i864: Did NOT wait for lawywer. Did it myself 2015-12-10
NVC received reply to checklist i864: 2015-12-10 (yes.. same day O.O)

NVC case completed: 2016-01-07
NVC assigned interview date: 2016-01-23
Interview at CJS consulate: 2016-03-30

Visa "Issued": 2016-04-05
Entered the US: 2016-04-27

SSN Arrived: 2016-05-07 ... wow TEN days!

N-400

Filed Online: 2020-06-30

NOA: 2020-07-01

Biometrics Letter: 2021-04-08
Biometrics Appointment: 2021-05-03
Interview Scheduled/Cancelled: 2021-06-25 (never received online nor mail notification, just an email reply to tier 2 inquiry about status)

Interview ReScheduled: 2021-11-02

Interview Date: 2021-11-30

Oath ceremony Scheduled/Cancelled/Placed in Line: 2021-12-01
Oath: 2022-1-24 ... JOURNEY OVER! 😺

event.png

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Perhaps you two should marry in India and apply for the IR visa with the I-130 process.

why would they do that when they already have a pending K-1?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.