Dan&Yvette

Civil surgeon said I need to undergo another medical exam?!?

42 posts in this topic

I am working the same thing about medical to get shot (tetanus) as I didn't had it in PH. I had my medical last December 1, 2014 and I didn't had vaccine for the flu. Was it flu season that time? Do I need shot for the flu here? Thank you!

I am here in Ohio US now..

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I am working the same thing about medical to get shot (tetanus) as I didn't had it in PH. I had my medical last December 1, 2014 and I didn't had vaccine for the flu. Was it flu season that time? Do I need shot for the flu here? Thank you!

I am here in Ohio US now..

Q. When does the flu season start for purposes of the seasonal flu vaccine requirement? Since the seasonal flu vaccine is required, do I have to get the seasonal flu vaccine if it is not the flu season?

A. For purposes of the immigration medical examination, the flu season starts on October 1 and ends on March 31 each year. If your immigration medical examination is during this period, you are required to have the seasonal flu vaccine. If you have an immigration medical examination completed between April 1 and September 30, when it is not the flu season for immigration purposes, you are not required to document that you have received the seasonal flu vaccine.

http://www.uscis.gov/news/questions-and-answers/vaccination-requirements

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

I am here in Ohio US now.

I doubt they will require a Flu Shot as the season is over for all tense and purposes. You will still need your tetanus (or tetanus booster if you have ever had a tetanus shot before) shot. See my earlier post. If you are on a family health plan here in USA normally that shot is free as the health insurance will pay for it.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline

I doubt they will require a Flu Shot as the season is over for all tense and purposes. You will still need your tetanus (or tetanus booster if you have ever had a tetanus shot before) shot. See my earlier post. If you are on a family health plan here in USA normally that shot is free as the health insurance will pay for it.

See my post above yours. Flu season is through March 31st for immigration.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

See my post above yours. Flu season is through March 31st for immigration.

Thank you for pointing that out. Seems like a waste at this point but I don't own the gold so I can't make the rules.

Additional question; Will they need to have a I-693 prepared by a CS as they have missed the tetanus and flu vaccination in their Immigration Medical Exam (SLEC Manila)?

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Timeline

Thank you for pointing that out. Seems like a waste at this point but I don't own the gold so I can't make the rules.

Additional question; Will they need to have a I-693 prepared by a CS as they have missed the tetanus and flu vaccination in their Immigration Medical Exam (SLEC Manila)?

Yes, they need to get the missing shots and have them transcribed onto an I-693 by a CS. However, if they wait till April, then no need to get the flu shot, just the Tdap/TD they are missing.

Yes, they need to get the missing shots and have them transcribed onto an I-693 by a CS. However, if they wait till April, then no need to get the flu shot, just the Tdap/TD they are missing.

We're having a hard time looking for civil surgeon that transcribe. Most of them require new physical exam or do tests like skin and blood test before transcribing. That's according to their information when I called. One time, we went to an Indian surgeon and he required me to take a new medical. So we went home and didn't proceed and now we're looking for a civil surgeon. I'm from Akron Ohio. Anyone knows a civil surgeon here?

We're having a hard time looking for civil surgeon that transcribe. Most of them require new physical exam or do tests like skin and blood test before transcribing. That's according to their information when I called. One time, we went to an Indian surgeon and he required me to take a new medical. So we went home and didn't proceed and now we're looking for a civil surgeon. I'm from Akron Ohio. Anyone knows a civil surgeon here?

You do not need the medical exam tests repeated. If your medical was done within a year of filing for AOS (SLEC Philippines meets these qualification), that is all you need. No full, part of an exam is necessary once you arrive in the USA nor any tests. But, your vaccinations need to be complete otherwise if not then complete the vaccinations and have your 3025 transcribed by a CS to the I-693 form. When calling a CS and they tell you that you need another medical (use these documents below to stand your ground and to make your point). All you want them to do is transcribe your 3025 and missed vaccinations (you will need to be up to date at this time with all required vaccinations) to an I-693 and sealed in an envelope to be included with your AOS paperwork. A CS should not charge you anymore than $75.00 to complete an I-693. I paid $40 each for my K1 and two K2's.

Here is a CS locater: https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=offices.type&OfficeLocator.office_type=CIV

You can use the I-693 instructions, Page 5 #3 > http://tinyurl.com/qxjbg3b

The I-485 instructions, Page 4 #7 C. > http://tinyurl.com/p5ztb7n

And this Q&A from a USCIS civil surgeon seminar, Page 15, Q&A #57 > http://tinyurl.com/k6rt66o

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline

Hmm, not sure why the tinyurl links. The links from the original post where I typed those out last year still work > http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/497007-question-of-what-to-say-so-i-dont-get-taken-advantage-of-by-civil-surgeon/?p=7020177

This thread is long, but you might be able to find one at least semi-near you that might work > http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/231026-civil-surgeons-who-dont-rip-you-off/page-13

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

Hi..got my vaccines transcribe by Dr. Jhin Lin in fremont also for $50.. at first when I called for an appointment, the secretary said they will charge $120 for skin test and etc..when I get there I just explained that my medicals in the Phils.are still valid and all I want is for them to transcribe my vaccines in I-693 form..they gave me additional flu shot to complete my record for another $20 and handed me a sealed envelope..that's it and we're done..I did it with my K2 also..

That's why I proposed to open up a visible link etc with doctors transcribing the vaccination record only. I had to call numerous places, and even went to numerous places to find a doctor understanding what to do (I also just needed the flu shot). So I got it done for 30 USD, without redoing the med exam.

Hmm, not sure why the tinyurl links. The links from the original post where I typed those out last year still work > http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/497007-question-of-what-to-say-so-i-dont-get-taken-advantage-of-by-civil-surgeon/?p=7020177

This thread is long, but you might be able to find one at least semi-near you that might work > http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/231026-civil-surgeons-who-dont-rip-you-off/page-13

KayDeeCee this was very helpful. Thank you so much! God bless. We got an appointment on march 18. Hopefully turns out good.

I went to the civil surgeon yesterday... Yehey! they didn't force me to do the medical exam again. The lady who assisted me was very nice. She just asked me all my immunization records that I have as well as my recent blood test result from my health provider ... I paid $60.00.. :)

***K-1 Visa***

MAY 01, 2014: Met in person and got Engaged!
JULY 01, 2014: Sent I-129F Packet to Dallas Lockbox
JULY 04, 2014: Received via USPS Tracking
JULY 09, 2014: USCIS received the case - route to CSC - notified via email/text
JULY 10, 2014: NOA1 Hardcopy received and ARN changed
SEPTEMBER 26, 2014: Approved!!! (via USCIS site)...yipeee!!!! (80 days from NOA1)
OCTOBER 01, 2014: Got NOA2 Hardcopy
OCTOBER 15, 2014: Called NVC and got our MNL case # (19 days after approval)
OCTOBER 20, 2014: Paid the visa fee (BPI)
OCTOBER 22, 2014: Case status "In Transit". Completed and submitted DS-160 Form
OCTOBER 23, 2014: CEAC status "READY"
OCTOBER 30, 2014: Received NVC Letter thru mail (letter dated October 21st)
NOVEMBER 17, 2014: Medical (SLEC) - Result "Passed"
NOVEMBER 21, 2014: Received letter from US Embassy (Manila)
NOVEMBER 24, 2014: Interview - Result "Approved" :thumbs:
NOVEMBER 26, 2014: CEAC status "Administrative Processing"
NOVEMBER 28, 2014: CEAC status "ISSUED" :dance:
DECEMBER 02, 2014: Got text message from 2GO courier that my US Visa is ready to pick up :wow:
DECEMBER 06, 2014: Got my Visa. :dancing:
DECEMBER 15, 2014: CFO Seminar (didn't get my certificate and sticker - the counselor wanted to have copies of chat logs and I forgot to bring, huhuhu)
DECEMBER 19, 2014: Follow up seminar with CFO... Got my CFO certificate and seminar
DECEMBER 26, 2014: POE - San Francisco, CA (L) (L)
DECEMBER 30, 2014: Courthouse Wedding

JANUARY 15, 2015: Got my SS card (with my married name)

***AOS, EAD & AP***

MARCH 12, 2015: Sent AOS, EAD & AP packet via USPS (Express Mail)

MARCH 13, 2015: Packet delivered & signed (via USPS tracking)

MARCH 18, 2015: Receipt notice from USCIS (via text message and email)

MARCH 23, 2015: Received NOA's in mail

APRIL 04, 2015 : Received Biometrics Appointment Notice via mail

APRIL 14, 2015 : Biometrics (in Oakland)

APRIL 23, 2015 : Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview

APRIL 29, 2015 : Received letter from USCIS for my initial interview

MAY 27, 2015 : EAD and AP is approved

MAY 29, 2015 : Interview.... APPROVED!!!

JUNE 04, 2015 : EAD/AP combo card received

JUNE 07, 2015 : GC received!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.