lecilia

covert letter and cover page (merged)

23 posts in this topic

My eligibility is based on admission as visa wavier program tourist without the intent to get married -> Don't ask for, don't bring it up.

They know what's up, you don't have to put more information in those parentheses.

FYI, cover letters make your package formal, won't help anything with your process. They don't even mind reading it.

Good luck.

Edited by NancyNguyen

N400

12/06/2014: Package filed

12/31/2014: Fingerprinted

02/06/2015: In-Line for Interview

04/15/2015: Passed Interview

05/05/2015: Oath letter was sent

05/22/2015: Oath Ceremony

My eligibility is based on admission as visa wavier program tourist without the intent to get married -> Don't ask for, don't bring it up.

They know what's up, you don't have to put more information in those parentheses.

FYI, cover letters make your package formal, won't help anything with your process. They don't even mind reading it.

Good luck.

:yes:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Remember to make your money order payable to U.S. Department of Homeland Security. Don't make the order without the "US", as appears in your cover letter. God knows they can drive you nuts for one "little" detail. :content: Good luck!!!

http://www.uscis.gov/forms/paying-immigration-fees

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

A shut down of any one government facility or operation can always occur at any point, or not at all.

Nothing we can do about it, except to plow forward.

If you try to play a guessing game as to when and what, you may never get your documents mailed.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Time Line - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

10 YEAR GREEN CARD PROCESS

July 22, 2017  ROC packet sent to Vermont.

July 24, 2017  ROC packet signed for in Vermont.

August 8, 2017  NOA received at house.  15 days since ROC signed for in VSC.

August 12, 2017 ASC appointment received. 19 days since ROC in VSC.

August 25, 2017 BIO completed. 32 days since ROC received in VSC.

August 11, 2018  18 month 'Courtesy Copy' extension letter received.  Critical number  297

October 20, 2018 18 month 'Official' extension letter received.  Critical number 297

December 4, 2018  USCIS Account shows: We approved your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, 

December 4, 2018, ordered your new card for Receipt # EAC17297003XX, and will mail to the address you gave.

491 days from NOA issued by VSC until Petition approved.

December 7, 2018 USCIS sent notice:  Card mailed.

December 12, 2018 Ten year Green Card received from Lees Summit, MO

499 days from NOA issued by VSC until Green Card received.

- - - - - - - - - - 

CITIZENSHIP PROCESS

December 6, 2018 submitted N-400 application on-line.  Estimated Completion Time: 8 months or August 2019.

December 8, 2018 received notice on USCIS that Biometrics scheduled . . . but the actual date was not yet shown.

December 11, 2018 saw in 'Documents' section of USCIS that Bio scheduled for 24 December 2018.

December 21, 2018 saw on USCIS website that they will be closed 24 December 2018 as extra holiday.

January 9, 2019 went for re-scheduled BIO appointment.  33 days after N-400 submitted on-line.

February 19, 2019 received letter in US mail that Citizenship interview scheduled for 26 March 2019. 74 days after submission on-line.

March 26, 2019 Citizenship interview scheduled for.  109 days after N-400 submitted on-line.

March 26, 2019 Passed Citizenship interview.

April 12, 2019  Received notice that Oath Ceremony had been scheduled for 24 April 2019.  17 days after interview.

April 24, 2019  Oath Ceremony completed.  29 days after interview.     139 days after N-400 submitted on-line.

April 25, 2019  USA Passport Application submitted.

May 3, 2019     USA Passport received.    149 days after N-400 submitted on-line.

May 9, 2019     Certificate of Naturalization and Citizenship returned in mail.

The cover letter is a formality. If you include one, then look up the format of a proper business letter. Yours is a mess.

It certainly would not include COVER PAGE in 3 inch tall bold font.

Try organizing along these lines http://cdn.vertex42.com/WordTemplates/images/business-letter-template.gif

Your address

Date

Their address

RE: Immediate Relative (Spouse) Family Based Adjustment of Status Application with a concurrent I-130 filing.

To Whom It May Concern:

Please find the following applications and supporting evidence.

Form I-130: Petition for Alien Relative

- Blah, blah,

- blah

- all that goes with the petition

Form I-485: Petition for Alien Relative

- Blah, blah,

- blah

- all that goes with the AOS

(Those applications are the key ingredients, so listing 2 photos first is not good organization.)

And don't point out your intent or lack of when you entered as a tourist. This is not the appropriate place.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

ok so i got everything ready for my adjustment of status marriage based one to send just got both my money orders one for $1070 another for $420 but on the pay to the order of who do i write it to ?

The instructions for the form say--

Use the following guidelines when you prepare your check or money order for the Form I-485 filing and biometrics services fee:

1. The check or money order must be drawn on a bank or other financial institution located in the United States and must be payable in U.S. currency; and

2. Make the check or money order payable to U.S. Department of Homeland Security.

NOTE: Spell out U.S. Department of Homeland Security; do not use the initials "USDHS" or "DHS."

Always read the instructions.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

is this better ? also my address is on it before immediate relative on the top right but i would prefer not to post that here :D

Immediate Relative (Spouse) Family Based Adjustment of Status Application with a concurrent I-130 filing.

To Whom It May Concern:
USCIS
P.O. Box 804625
Chicago, IL 60680-4107.

Please find the following applications and supporting evidence.

Form I-485: Petition for Alien Relative

Copy of the non US Citizen Spouses Passport (biographical page as well as entry stamps).

2 photographs & receipt for photographs (date on the receipt to show they were taken within 30 days of the filing
Two money orders in the amount of $1070 and $420 made payable to the Department of Homeland Security

Electronic I-94 Copy

A certified copy of marriage certificate.

G-325A filled out, signed and dated.

I-693, Medical Examination of Aliens Seeking Adjustment of Status

I-864, Affidavit of Support
>> Include any additional required supporting documentation

I-765, Application for Employment Authorization,

A copy of the intending immigrant's birth certificate

I-131, Application for Travel Document

Form I-130: Petition for Alien Relative

Copy of the Full Birth certificate (front and back) for the US Citizen

G-325A filled out by the US Citizen, signed and dated.

A certified copy of marriage certificate

G-325A filled out by the foreign spouse signed and dated.

One passport-type photo of the foreign spouse.

One passport-type photo of the US Citizen.

Evidence of a bonafide marriage Such as

Affidavits sworn to or affirmed by third parties having personal knowledge of the bona fides of the marital relationship signed with full name address, date and place of birth.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Thanks Nich-Nick your example is great. I had to re-arrange a few things on mine but similar to yours!

********AOS Status********

February/March - Working on AOS Packet

March 12, 2015 (Day 1) - Priority Express Mailed AOS Packet to Dearborn Address

March 13, 2015 (Day 2) - Package delivered and signed for

March 20, 2015 (Day 8) - Checks Cleared Bank

March 24, 2015 (Day 12) - Received NOA hard copies in mail (I130, I485, I765, I131)

March 27, 2015 (Day 15) - Biometrics appointment received - April 8th

April 8, 2015 (Day 27) - Biometrics complete

May 6, 2015 (Day 54) - waiting..... :whistle:

May 8, 2015 (Day 56) - Interview scheduled for June 10th!

May 27, 2015 (Day 75) - EAD Card being Produced & AP Approved

June 3, 2015 (Day 82) - Received EAD card in mail

June 10, 2015 (Day 89) - Approved I-485

June 18, 2015 (Day 97) - Received GC in Mail!!! :dance:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.