RP&SP

March 2015 IR-1/CR-1 filers

616 posts in this topic

Hello VJ Family!!

I submitted the I-130 petition for my wife yesterday (3/05/2015) to the Chicago Lockbox. My wife currently resides in the Dominican Republic. I know it's a long road ahead but this is the first step and it felt so emotional and exciting. I'm sure there will be many questions I will have. I will keep updating my timeline as time progresses.

This is the package I sent to USCIS:

• I-130 Cover Letter
  • G-1145 e-Notification
  • Form I-130
  • USCIS Filing Fee of $420
  • Form G-325A - US Citizen (Me)
  • Form G-325A - Foreign Spouse
  • USCIS color photograph - US Citizen
  • USCIS color photograph - Foreing Spouse
  • Copy of Long Form Marriage Certificate
  • Translation of Marriage Certificate
  • Copy of valid US Passport - US Citizen
  • Copy of Long Form Birth Certificate - US Citizen
  • Copy of Divorce Decree from previous marriage - US Citizen
  • Copy of 401k Beneficiary updated to Foreing Spouse
  • 2 Copies Affidavit of Third Party
  • 10 Photos of us together - 2 of Wedding and 8 of normal activities

Hopefully this will be enough and I don't receive an RFE.

Hello Walter,

We are in the same phase but still now we havent heard anything from chicago lockbox yet? have you received text already?

Hello Walter,

We are in the same phase but still now we havent heard anything from chicago lockbox yet? have you received text already?

Hi BarryPrincess,

Yes - I received an email and text that my application has been accepted and sent to Nebraska for processing. I should receive the official letter in the mail soon. The check has already cleared.....so now the waiting game begins.

I Just got the notice of action this past Saturday. Now I Just need to know what else do I need to do? Or do I Just wait around another reply from them?

We have sent our petition package last March 11, 2015 and unfortunately we forgot to include the G-1145 so we are waiting for the hardcopy NOA1. Hope to receive it soon since my husband will be coming here on Sunday.

Hoping for the smooth process for everyone!

We have sent our petition package last March 11, 2015 and unfortunately we forgot to include the G-1145 so we are waiting for the hardcopy NOA1. Hope to receive it soon since my husband will be coming here on Sunday.

Once you receive your hard copy, just register for text and email updates at https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

Good Luck!

Once you receive your hard copy, just register for text and email updates at https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

Good Luck!

Thank you! We receive the email today and our petition is sent to tsc.

Hello to all my I-130 March Fillers.

I have sent my 130 on the 27 february and received the NOA1 on the 9th march , I guess i'll just include my self in your team, my priority date is March5th,2015.

I'm routed to nebraska service center.

Good day everyone!....

My hubby just sent our I-130 petition to Chicago IL yesterday....yaaayyy!!......excited for our journey!..

March 18, 2015 = Sent I-130

March 26, 2015 = NOA1 ( Nebraska Service Center)

March 23, 2015 = Priority Date

April 20, 2015 = NOA2

April 28, 2015 = Case was sent to NVC

May 18, 2015 = Received case number and Invoice ID by phone

May 29, 2015 = Filled DS-261

June 1, 2015 = Received Welcome Letter from NVC

June 2, 2015 = AOS "PAID"

June 5, 2015 = Sent AOS/IV packet

June 10, 2015 = SCAN DATE :whistle: :bonk:

June 12, 2015 = DS 261 Completed

June 16, 2015 = Received IV invoice

June 29, 2015 = Mailed IV payment

July 7, 2015 = PAID IV on CEAC and filed out DS 260

July 10, 2015 = checklist email

"I love my Alabama Boy"

I Just got the notice of action this past Saturday. Now I Just need to know what else do I need to do? Or do I Just wait around another reply from them?

hey!....when did your husband sent your I-130?..how many days did you wait for NOA 1?..Iam still waiting foe USCIS response...

April 20, 2015 = NOA2

"I love my Alabama Boy"

hey!....when did your husband sent your I-130?..how many days did you wait for NOA 1?..Iam still waiting foe USCIS response...

My husband sent it last week of Feb. Chicago Lockbox received it last March 3,2015 and then I think the it was cash out March 5, and we received the hard copy March 13, anyway I am happy to know that we are in the same phase... I hope you will get your response soon.. God bless everyone in the journey.

Hey guys so starting over but it looks like it will be in April now, best of lucks.........

Oh no. I'm so sorry to hear that. Don't wait too long to send it through.

Good luck.

My husband sent it last week of Feb. Chicago Lockbox received it last March 3,2015 and then I think the it was cash out March 5, and we received the hard copy March 13, anyway I am happy to know that we are in the same phase... I hope you will get your response soon.. God bless everyone in the journey.

How long did you wait from sent the packet to noa1?...

April 20, 2015 = NOA2

"I love my Alabama Boy"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.