Murphy'sBoy

Possible to talk to someone at embassy in person?

25 posts in this topic

I really hope someone has experience with this ..

Is it possible for a US citizen to talk to someone and turn in missing documents at the embassy?

At my wife's interview they told her she needed a new NBI and a letter would be emailed. No letter ever came and it's becoming clear that they are NOT going to answer my emails or fax. I've tried calling and they tell me to email or fax, so that's pointless. I'm thinking of flying to Manila for the day and seeing what I can do there because our case is obviously going no where.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

she , the beneficiary, is having problems with telephone contact?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Is it possible for a US citizen to talk to someone and turn in missing documents at the embassy?

At my wife's interview they told her she needed a new NBI and a letter would be emailed. No letter ever came and it's becoming clear that they are NOT going to answer my emails or fax. I've tried calling and they tell me to email or fax, so that's pointless. I'm thinking of flying to Manila for the day and seeing what I can do there because our case is obviously going no where.

Have you tried these numbers and email address?

Embassy (Manila) Phone Number and Email

local number: USEM (632) 301-2000 loc 5184/5185 (call them around 3-4:30p)

** (214) 571-1600 or (646) 254-3546 (these are USA numbers)

NEW EMAIL ADDRESS

In order to serve our visa applicants more efficiently, we have created this new e-mail address: IVMNLAppointments@state.gov , for early appointment requests and visa scheduling issues. Please note, however, that early appointment requests will be approved on a case to case basis (i.e., aging out cases, or in cases involving personal or medical emergencies), and only if visa interview slots are available.

For other immigrant and K visa concerns, please send an e-mail to IVManilaReplies@state.gov

To enable us to electronically sort the messages and provide better, more timely responses, you should follow the instructions below.

The subject line of your email should indicate the visa applicants last name, first and middle name (ex. DOE, John James), case number/USCIS receipt number, visa category and priority date.

Messages should be limited to 500 characters or less. The mail size should not be more than 15 KB.

Do not submit documentation or attachments with your message as our system is unable to receive inquiries with attachments.

Do not send your inquiry more than once as duplicate inquiries will congest our system and delay our response time.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Yes, I have tried that email address and the 301 2000 ext 5184 phone number and it rang for 28 minutes before I finally gave up. I called 976 8500 and they told me to email IVmanila :angry:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

She can send the new NBI via 2go and the USEM will have it in a day or two. We got a new NBI in Olongapo a few months ago an it only took 30 minutes.

There's nothing you can talk to the USEM about. They want you to submit the NBI just as if you received the 221g which is the notice to correct an issue.

Once she does that then her visa will most likely be issued pronto.

She can send the new NBI via 2go and the USEM will have it in a day or two. We got a new NBI in Olongapo a few months ago an it only took 30 minutes.

There's nothing you can talk to the USEM about. They want you to submit the NBI just as if you received the 221g which is the notice to correct an issue.

Once she does that then her visa will most likely be issued pronto.

We got the new NBI, so no problem there. But I'm worried that if I have no 221g to send along with the NBI it will cause their bureaucratic juggernaut to derail. But that is an option I've considered along with going there in person.

Timeline

Have you tried these numbers and email address?

Embassy (Manila) Phone Number and Email

local number: USEM (632) 301-2000 loc 5184/5185 (call them around 3-4:30p)

** (214) 571-1600 or (646) 254-3546 (these are USA numbers)

NEW EMAIL ADDRESS

In order to serve our visa applicants more efficiently, we have created this new e-mail address: IVMNLAppointments@state.gov , for early appointment requests and visa scheduling issues. Please note, however, that early appointment requests will be approved on a case to case basis (i.e., aging out cases, or in cases involving personal or medical emergencies), and only if visa interview slots are available.

For other immigrant and K visa concerns, please send an e-mail to IVManilaReplies@state.gov

To enable us to electronically sort the messages and provide better, more timely responses, you should follow the instructions below.

The subject line of your email should indicate the visa applicants last name, first and middle name (ex. DOE, John James), case number/USCIS receipt number, visa category and priority date.

Messages should be limited to 500 characters or less. The mail size should not be more than 15 KB.

Do not submit documentation or attachments with your message as our system is unable to receive inquiries with attachments.

Do not send your inquiry more than once as duplicate inquiries will congest our system and delay our response time.

I sent emails to IV in accordance with this guidance posted on the USEM website. They never replied. I did get an email back that said the following, so you might want to add this info too if you email them again:

"In order for us to be more responsive to your inquiry, we request you to resend your message and indicate the complete names of the applicant and the petitioner, date and place of birth, and the 10-digit visa case number".

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

You checked the spam filters? (I know obvious, but thought I would ask anyway)

The 221g has instructions, and a copy must accompany the NBI document. Normally NBI sends the new document directly to USEM not through 2GO

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

I sent emails to IV in accordance with this guidance posted on the USEM website. They never replied. I did get an email back that said the following, so you might want to add this info too if you email them again:

"In order for us to be more responsive to your inquiry, we request you to resend your message and indicate the complete names of the applicant and the petitioner, date and place of birth, and the 10-digit visa case number".

Thanks I will give that a try. I got the auto "thank you for contacting, we're really busy blah blah" so I know they got the email. But you'd think with the case # they could get all the other info .. you'd think

You checked the spam filters? (I know obvious, but thought I would ask anyway)

The 221g has instructions, and a copy must accompany the NBI document. Normally NBI sends the new document directly to USEM not through 2GO

My email is set up OK it's just that they aren't responding. I wasn't aware that NBI sent anybody anything, so thanks for that info. However there is another twist. We had to get my wife's passport back the day of the interview when we were put on hold because we were going to Singapore the next day. Just one MORE of "oversights" from my visa service. What a waste of money that was.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks I will give that a try. I got the auto "thank you for contacting, we're really busy blah blah" so I know they got the email. But you'd think with the case # they could get all the other info .. you'd think

My email is set up OK it's just that they aren't responding. I wasn't aware that NBI sent anybody anything, so thanks for that info. However there is another twist. We had to get my wife's passport back the day of the interview when we were put on hold because we were going to Singapore the next day. Just one MORE of "oversights" from my visa service. What a waste of money that was.

Yes you must use the proper format in the email or you won't get the attention you desire.

NEW EMAIL ADDRESS

In order to serve our visa applicants more efficiently, we have created this new e-mail address:IVMNLAppointments@state.gov , for early appointment requests and visa scheduling issues. Please note, however, that early appointment requests will be approved on a case to case basis (i.e., aging out cases, or in cases involving personal or medical emergencies), and only if visa interview slots are available.

The subject line of your email should indicate the visa applicant’s last name, first and middle name (ex. DOE, John James), case number/USCIS receipt number, visa category and priority date.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Actually, I used the IVManilaAppointments email address to request "Packet 3", once I had confirmation from USCIS-Manila that our I-130 was approved.

Emailed them twice. Got a reply a day after my second email. (First email was sent the first business day after the Holidays, so maybe that was that - Timeline is on my signature line below)

And I used the requested Subject Line format as well as kept the email under 500 characters in length.

"Ad Astra Per Aspera"

"Audentes Fortuna Adiuvat"

==========

Dec 11, 2014 - Filed I-130 via DCF @ US Embassy Manila (...and we're on the clock...) - Read about my experience filing DCF here > http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/527064-filed-dcf-i-130-for-ir-1-at-us-embassy-manila-aar/

Dec 11, 2014 - NOA1: Not sure what to put here, Dec 11, 2014, Dec 24, 2014 or something in between.

Dec 24, 2014 - NOA2: I called USCIS @ USEM on Jan 5, 2015 and was told the I-130 was approved on Christmas Eve. Thank you Santa!

Jan 13, 2015 - MNL Case Number & Packet 3 Received via email (I emailed the IV Unit-Manila requesting these on Jan 5, 2015 and Jan 12, 2015)

Jan 21, 2015 - NOA2: Mailed (via PhilPost!) paper/hard copy delivered to our place here in Manila.

Jan 22, 2015 - Packet 3: Mailed (again via PhilPost!) paper/hard copy delivered to out place here in Manila.

Feb 24 & 25, 2015 - Day 1 & Day 2 of Medical @ SLEC. Immunizations given on Day 2, thankfully

Mar 5, 2015 - USEM Interview Appointment - IR-1 Visa Approved! (CEAC Status updated to ISSUED afternoon of interview day)

Mar 10, 2015 - 3pm - Received SMS saying IV Package ready for pickup at 2GO MoA. Picked up at 5pm. (Shipped/Picked Up/In Hand on 3rd Business Day post interview)

Mar 13, 2015 - CFO Manila - Done

==========

Now disposing/selling/giving away/shipping to the US stuff from 14 years in the PHL and 4 years together before heading to POE.

Though it doesn't seem like USEM is responsive, they do receive thousands of inquiries and if done properly, with the information they ask for in the information line, there is a good chance you will get a reply. Here in lies the problem they face. You and millions of others are sending emails when there are websites set up to lighten their load and procedures they need you to follow so they can answer your reply. With email, they have a spam system that sends the ones without the proper subject line to the trash can. Those that are properly address will get a reply because they first of all know it is not spam and second they have the information to pull up your record to answer you request.

If you been a user here, you see the same thing. Very little information for an important question that a user has. If more details are provided and timelines properly filled out, the answer can be forthright and correct for their situation.

Just my two centavos.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline

You've probably already done this, but something to double check ... Verify the email address entered during the DS-260 process and the email address entered at the following website are correct as the USEM should contact you at those email addresses for the 221g.

https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/SiteLogin?country=Philippines&language=en_US

Edited by luckytwo15

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.