CourMad

does a job offer qualify me for an expedite at NVC?

33 posts in this topic

Why would it be financial loss?

You knew you wouldn't be able to work for a while. Hence why the petitioner has to prove they can support you.

My Name is Daisy, I am British, I say things bluntly and to the point.
London K1, A complete guide -- >http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/474161-london-k1-a-complete-guide/
I am Daisy the Beneficiary, These are my views!
U.K. k1 visa, approved 2014.

NOA1: 20/03/2014

NOA2: 11/04/2014 (22 days)

Interview: 09/07/2014 (111 days)

D.O.E 29/07/2014

Married 29/08/2014

AOS from K1/K3 Guide -->http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1k3aos

AOS/EAD/AP Sent: 12/11/2014

Delivered at Chicago LB:15/11/2014

NOA1 (all 3): 17/11/2014

NOA1 (all 3) hardcopy: 24/11/2014(Notice date 20th)

Bio-metrics App letter: 28/11/2014(Notice date 21st)

Bio-metrics App Cleveland Ohio: 10/12/2014

EAD/AP:Approved/production 31/01/2015(update 2/2/1015) (80 days)

Combo Card: Mailed 5/2/2015

Combo Card: Delivered 6/2/2015AP

NOA: Approval Notice received 7/2/2015

Interview waiver letter: received 23/2/15 dated: 18/2/2015

Green Card: APPROVED 31/07/2015

(Remember, all my dates are British layout.. the proper layout!)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Could your employer sponsor an expedited H1B visa? It takes 15 days for processing, I believe. You might have to start the IR1/CR1 process from scratch once you arrive, but at least you are together already. A request to change status from H1B is not considered fraud.

I'm not sure if the above is doable, can anyone confirm?

I'm currently on the 4th month waiting for the NOA2. I still have at least another 5-6 months before I can get an interview. If a sponsored H1B came my way, and the above was possible, I'd do it.

I-130 for Spouse

USCIS

10/14/2014 - I-130 Mailed to Chicago Lockbox

10/22/2014 - NOA1 (Nebraska Service Center)

04/01/2015 - NOA2 (161 days)

NVC

04/16/2015 - NVC Received

04/23/2015 - Case # assigned / DS-261 completed

04/24/2015 - AOS fee invoiced and paid

04/30/2015 - AOS+IV packages mailed

05/04/2015 - AOS+IV packages received (scan date)

05/15/2015 - IV fee money order payment confirmed

06/03/2015 - Checklist received: missing DS-260 form

06/19/2015 - DS-260 available online and submitted

07/31/2015 - Case Complete (107 days from arriving @NVC or 89 days from scan date)

Embassy

08/25/2015 - Scheduled interview

09/21/2015 - Interview, approved!

10/02/2015 - Passport received

10/04/2015 - POE! (348 days from NOA1)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

If it is for a non profit and otherwise qualifies.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Timeline

Could your employer sponsor an expedited H1B visa? It takes 15 days for processing, I believe. You might have to start the IR1/CR1 process from scratch once you arrive, but at least you are together already. A request to change status from H1B is not considered fraud.

I'm not sure if the above is doable, can anyone confirm?

I'm currently on the 4th month waiting for the NOA2. I still have at least another 5-6 months before I can get an interview. If a sponsored H1B came my way, and the above was possible, I'd do it.

If he/she already has an H1B visa, they can transfer it in 15 days. But to sponsor a new H1B visa, earliest they could come is in Oct of this year.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

but isn't it under the category of severe financial loss? I can be working in the US instead of sitting and waiting for their lazy head to review our case?

How can it be severe financial loss if you aren't earning any money from the job offer? You can't lose something you never had. If they approved everyone with a job offer for an expedite, then the majority of people would qualify...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

It's their game we just play by the rules.

An expedite, for a job offer, no way!

Good luck on the job latter! If you are good enough, it will be there when you need it!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

NO

How can it be severe financial loss if you aren't earning any money from the job offer? You can't lose something you never had. If they approved everyone with a job offer for an expedite, then the majority of people would qualify...

I could not have said it better myself...Excellent Reply...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

Unfortunately, they will not expedite your case ...

However you might be able to start working un-paid if the company agrees... so you won't lose that job opportunity..

K1

AOS

ROC

09/14/2017 : Package Sent (CSC)

09/15/2017 : Package Received (CSC)

09/15/2017 : NOA1 Date

10/12/2017 : Biometrics

--/--/---- : Interview

--/--/---- : Decision

N400

09/01/2018 : Application Sent (online)

--/--/---- NOA1 Date

--/--/---- : Biometrics

--/--/---- : Interview

--/--/---- : Decision

So it's not gonna be easy.

It's going to be really hard;

we're gonna have to work at this everyday,

but I want to do that because I want you.

I want all of you, forever, everyday.

You and me.. everyday.

___The NoteBook

They are not going to expediate your case! Sorry if it not the answer you're looking for....but if you've read the application...it's well stayed that beneficiaries shouldn't quit their job before obtaining a visa!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

She is very rude! As others have replied,it is not your case only that staff at NVC are working on.The reason for "slow" pace is because backlog.

Now,if you have a job offer,why not ask the people who have offered you the job to petition for a work visa for you,then you can adjust staus while in the USA

hi again!

first of all, it is not the NVC that examins our expedite request, it is the embassy in Germany!

2nd, most of you are really jealous, you just had to say yes or no, you do not have to put your personal openion into such things, people going to judge why I might quit my job in Germany, why we would suffer a severe financial loss, etc.

pull it together and do not judge people you do not know, if you can't keep your emotions away from answering someone, please do not! I dont know you, you dont know me.

it really makes me sick to my stomach how some of you think! But it was my fault to as people like you.

thanks to the nice people who said apply and it won't hurt :)

BTW I called the NVC and they told me send us the job offer and your expedite request and we will send it to the embassy in Frankfurt and they will decide!

I'm not quite sure what you think people are jealous of.

And people don't sugar coat anything on this website, please learn to not get angry because you disagree with something someone has said.

After a Google search (which you could have done) I found out that it is possible, but the problem lies within proving why it's financial loss, such as redundancy.

Why quit your job before you have to? Surely that's your own doing then?

Anyway. Try it, if it works then it works, if it didn't then there's no harm.

My Name is Daisy, I am British, I say things bluntly and to the point.
London K1, A complete guide -- >http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/474161-london-k1-a-complete-guide/
I am Daisy the Beneficiary, These are my views!
U.K. k1 visa, approved 2014.

NOA1: 20/03/2014

NOA2: 11/04/2014 (22 days)

Interview: 09/07/2014 (111 days)

D.O.E 29/07/2014

Married 29/08/2014

AOS from K1/K3 Guide -->http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1k3aos

AOS/EAD/AP Sent: 12/11/2014

Delivered at Chicago LB:15/11/2014

NOA1 (all 3): 17/11/2014

NOA1 (all 3) hardcopy: 24/11/2014(Notice date 20th)

Bio-metrics App letter: 28/11/2014(Notice date 21st)

Bio-metrics App Cleveland Ohio: 10/12/2014

EAD/AP:Approved/production 31/01/2015(update 2/2/1015) (80 days)

Combo Card: Mailed 5/2/2015

Combo Card: Delivered 6/2/2015AP

NOA: Approval Notice received 7/2/2015

Interview waiver letter: received 23/2/15 dated: 18/2/2015

Green Card: APPROVED 31/07/2015

(Remember, all my dates are British layout.. the proper layout!)

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

I'm not quite sure what you think people are jealous of.

And people don't sugar coat anything on this website, please learn to not get angry because you disagree with something someone has said.

After a Google search (which you could have done) I found out that it is possible, but the problem lies within proving why it's financial loss, such as redundancy.

Why quit your job before you have to? Surely that's your own doing then?

Anyway. Try it, if it works then it works, if it didn't then there's no harm.

thanks for your reply, I did search in Google but wasn't sure, there are more experienced members here to help.

what I am getting mad at, that I am being called rude because I think NVC are being extremely slow and lazy, for example, losing some papers for some people, and delaying them, generating check lists for things that are already included, etc.

which delays people way more than what the process naturally takes. (some people are jealous that some people get expedite while they don't, it is the only reason why they would jump into conculsions and judgements)

thanks again.

hi again!

first of all, it is not the NVC that examins our expedite request, it is the embassy in Germany!

2nd, most of you are really jealous, you just had to say yes or no, you do not have to put your personal openion into such things, people going to judge why I might quit my job in Germany, why we would suffer a severe financial loss, etc.

pull it together and do not judge people you do not know, if you can't keep your emotions away from answering someone, please do not! I dont know you, you dont know me.

it really makes me sick to my stomach how some of you think! But it was my fault to as people like you.

thanks to the nice people who said apply and it won't hurt :)

BTW I called the NVC and they told me send us the job offer and your expedite request and we will send it to the embassy in Frankfurt and they will decide!

I'm not jealous of you, and neither is any other person here. And it isn't 'personal opinion', it is what USCIS states: Do not give up your job, or sell your house or car..."

And as far as keeping your emotions 'away from answering someone'? You didn't make much of a job of that yourself.

Thanks to the nice people who said go ahead and it won't hurt? Even if they are wrong? You don't care if the answers are wrong, as long as they agree with what you want to hear? Are you planning to come back to this thread and thank them once you are denied if you are?

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

I'm not jealous of you, and neither is any other person here. And it isn't 'personal opinion', it is what USCIS states: Do not give up your job, or sell your house or car..."

And as far as keeping your emotions 'away from answering someone'? You didn't make much of a job of that yourself.

Thanks to the nice people who said go ahead and it won't hurt? Even if they are wrong? You don't care if the answers are wrong, as long as they agree with what you want to hear? Are you planning to come back to this thread and thank them once you are denied if you are?

you don't know if we would get denied, you dont know what we have done.

they were nice and said it won't harm, you might get it and maybe not.

thanks again to you for the reply (even though you disagreed with me) has nothing to do with it.

i am mad for people calling me rude for thinking that NVC are slow. please read my comments first, I am not thanking people because they told me go and apply, I am thanking them for being nice

I would thank anyone at anytime if they help me wether they tell me im wrong or right.

please read then write, don't just write before even knowing what's going on

thanks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.