Gulya

Any Texas SEPTEMBER Filers approved yet??

23 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I truly don't understand that either. There must be a reason, but I don't get it. They must know someone. My fiance works with a guy who's brother was able to get approval in two months because he knew the senate and had the senate make a call. :ranting:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Wow thats great.! That guy should help you and your fiance too. The lawyer told my fiance that is not going to take that long but who knows, but just if i think that it could take that long my stomach get small :s

Edited by Syt

Wow thats grate.! That guy should help you and your fiance too. The lawyer told my fiance that is not going to take that long but who knows, but just thinking that that it could take that long my stomach get small :s

Well each case is different so you could get lucky. But if you are at TSC most people are waiting about 6-7 (averaging for most about 6.5) months before they get their NOA2. So we have just prepared everything we could ahead of time so we would have it ready for when we got it. So the next steps after that would hopefully go as quickly as possible.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Well each case is different so you could get lucky. But if you are at TSC most people are waiting about 6-7 (averaging for most about 6.5) months before they get their NOA2. So we have just prepared everything we could ahead of time so we would have it ready for when we got it. So the next steps after that would hopefully go as quickly as possible.

Yep - that whole "being prepared" thing is what I'm trying to focus on. I am trying to look at it in a positive way - I have approx. 1.5 month left to prep and get my ducks in a row (though I feel pretty prepared now!) I have my long form birth certificate which I had to order from my country gov. Website since my original certificate is quite flimsy. I just need to get my police clearance, which is clean, I'm just not sure if I should get that now or if that should wait until I get approval.

As for all of the documentation, we sent our photos/conversations/plane itineraries/etc. to our immigration lawyer and she has all of that stuff. I wonder if she will be sending it to the Consulate or to me to bring to the consulate in order to have them present at the interview? I don't imagine that I'd have to scrounge up all of that stuff again. I hope not, haha.

[ Spring 2005 ] Met online, in-game (WoW)

[ February 2012 ] Finally admitted our true feelings after years of staying hush hush!

[ March 22, 2012 ] Made things official!

[ April 13, 2012 ] Met for the first time in real life and fell in love!

[ July 8, 2014 ] Got engaged!

[ September 10, 2014 ] Filled out paper work

[ September 19, 2014 ] Receipt Date

[ September 23, 2014 ] NOA1

And after 246 hellish days (8+ months) of being trapped in TSC purgatory....

[ May 27, 2015 ] NOA2 :)

[ September 16, 2015 ] Interview at the US Consulate in Montreal!

Yep - that whole "being prepared" thing is what I'm trying to focus on. I am trying to look at it in a positive way - I have approx. 1.5 month left to prep and get my ducks in a row (though I feel pretty prepared now!) I have my long form birth certificate which I had to order from my country gov. Website since my original certificate is quite flimsy. I just need to get my police clearance, which is clean, I'm just not sure if I should get that now or if that should wait until I get approval.

As for all of the documentation, we sent our photos/conversations/plane itineraries/etc. to our immigration lawyer and she has all of that stuff. I wonder if she will be sending it to the Consulate or to me to bring to the consulate in order to have them present at the interview? I don't imagine that I'd have to scrounge up all of that stuff again. I hope not, haha.

Yep we have ordered his long form and are about to order his police certificate now to have ready for interview. I know that for our case for London the police certificate is valid for a year so it's ok to go ahead and get it. Check at yours and see what the date is for it to expire then you can decide the best time to get it. He is also getting shot record from the dr this week as well for his medical so we will have it ready. So pretty much a couple steps and we will be ready to do medical as soon as we can. As far as proof of the relationship, normally most people take a copy of everything they sent to USCIS on the initial petition with them to the interview just in case it is needed though it rarely is. And I will also include some new pics and conversations just to show the ongoing relationship in case it is needed. But in most cases unless they are questioning it, it's not necessary but best I feel to be prepared just in case! So I sent all that home with him last visit then I'll send just my extra stuff and my affidavit of support sometime soon so he will have it. But man trying to focus on that and still not get antsy some days is super hard. Being apart really does suck! lol

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I dont understand Why theres people that get NOA2 in less than two months and theres other ones that takes more that 6 is so unfair

If you're following the TSC Igor's list, vast majority of the people who were approved that quickly were Philippines expedites or incorrectly put TSC. If you click on profiles you'll see they actually reside in CSC states and just did their timelines wrong because they're confused that TSC and the lockbox are the same thing, which they aren't. It's a big problem.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.