610 posts in this topic

Yes yes yes we got it yes praise God we got a yes!! He was there until after closing so I was a bundle of nerves. But he got a yes. Six years five denials on tourist visa's and my husband is finally coming home

Picks up his visa on Monday

Yippeeee!!!

Thank you all so much for your prayers and your support now we have to continue praying for the rest who are still in AP !!

That man is coming home next week!!!

WOOHOOO!

Congratulations!! 6 years!!! Please do a video. Please please!

Yes yes yes we got it yes praise God we got a yes!! He was there until after closing so I was a bundle of nerves. But he got a yes. Six years five denials on tourist visa's and my husband is finally coming home

Yippeeee!!!

Thank you all so much for your prayers and your support now we have to continue praying for the rest who are still in AP !!

WOOHOOO!

OMG YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS....I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU !!!! CONGRATULATIONS...I BEEN PRAYING OFF AND ON FOR YOU TODAY . graphics-congratulations-014694.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Hi Janelle,

I posted this in the September thread in a reply to your post, but thought I would include it here, as there may not be much awareness as to the issues that are being experienced and the battles that are being fought on the Fiance Visa side of things.

Thanks!

-------------------------------------------------------

Hi Janelle2002,

Good stuff, thanks for forwarding the link. If you could, please make mention of the other efforts we've made to date, including a question that was posed to the director of the USCIS. We've been doing a lot on the Fiance Visa side of things that perhaps you aren't aware of. Maybe include links in the channel? I dunno, whatever you think appropriate. The majority of this isn't about the general wait, it is in regard to the incredibly, unbelievably, astonishingly, ridiculously, almost-seemingly-criminal processing time difference for the I-129F between the CSC and the TSC. So it isn't a "hey, could you hurry things up?" so much as it is a "hey, could you make things fair?" type of argument that we've been making to-date.

That said, all of this content is very relevant. Anyway, here are the threads:

http://www.visajourn...expedites-only/

http://www.visajourn...ector-of-uscis/

http://www.visajourn...sing-time-2015/

http://www.visajourn...service-center/

http://www.visajourn...rocessing-time/

Thanks,

Jerry

9/8/14 - I129F petition sent to the USCIS lockbox via USPS
9/11/14 - Petition received @ USCIS lockbox
9/11/14 - NOA1 Email and text message received
9/15/14 - NOA1 Official notice date
9/18/14 - NOA1 hard copy received
12/9/14 - "Updated" likely because of website repairs, like many of us received
4/20/15 - NOA2 text and email (221 days)

4/29/15 - Sent to the NVC (9 days)

5/8/15 - Arrived at the NVC (9 days)

5/13/15 - Left the NVC (5 days)

5/15/15 - Electronic version arrived at the embassy (2 days)

5/20/15 - Paper copy arrived at the embassy (7 days)

6/4/15 - Status changed to AP (which meant that we could schedule the interview)

6/16/15 - Medical

6/17/15 - K1 APPROVED!!!!

6/30/15 - Passport and sealed envelope delivered via courier

Timeline

Folks: If you're going to make videos, use strong discretion as to including any personally identifiable information. We don't know who trolls this site. VJ Moderation can't look at the videos to determine this for you. Thanks for remembering this prudent caution.

TBoneTX

VJ Moderation

TBoneTX-

This sounds like good advice in the general sense, but I - for one - am curious to know more about what you're referring to ... I mean, what is the concern exactly? I have a few ideas, but am interested to hear clarification, beyond the obvious of "my full name is XXXX and my address XXXX and my passwords are XXXX, etc. Thanks!

Edited by av8or1

6/4/15 - Status changed to AP (which meant that we could schedule the interview)

6/16/15 - Medical

Folks: If you're going to make videos, use strong discretion as to including any personally identifiable information. We don't know who trolls this site. VJ Moderation can't look at the videos to determine this for you. Thanks for remembering this prudent caution.

TBoneTX

VJ Moderation

The content we included in our videos thus far has been good, yes?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

TBoneTX-

This sounds like good advice in the general sense, but I - for one - am curious to know more about what you're referring to ... I mean, what is the concern exactly? I have a few ideas, but am interested to hear clarification, beyond the obvious of "my full name is XXXX and my address XXXX and my passwords are XXXX, etc. Thanks!

Just try to think what someone who's up to no good might learn and be able to use. The things that you mention, certainly.

If you're happy with it, then it's good. :)

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Yippeeee!!!

WOOHOOO!

Yes Yes Yes, I was on lunch and I was like wait patnjac should know by now I got to go and see. so I skipped all the other posts to find yours. I hollered yes when I saw it. I am so happy for you. WOO HOO.

Just try to think what someone who's up to no good might learn and be able to use. The things that you mention, certainly.

If you're happy with it, then it's good. :)

Okay. I just wanted to be sure it is not including any information you feel we should not include. Thanks TBoneTX.

Timeline

Hi again Janelle,

As I mentioned in the September thread, I'm volunteering the skunkworks team to put together a video regarding the issue and the fight we've been waging. We'll get back to you ASAP.

Thanks!

Jerry

6/16/15 - Medical

Timeline

TBoneTX-

Hmmmmmmmm....ok. Well that's kinda difficult for me personally because I don't think like that. :rofl: If I tried to do "no good" with something, well, I'd just suck at it. LOL

Anyway, ok, thank you for the general guidance and word of caution. I'll do my best.

6/16/15 - Medical

Hi again Janelle,

As I mentioned in the September thread, I'm volunteering the skunkworks team to put together a video regarding the issue and the fight we've been waging. We'll get back to you ASAP.

Thanks!

Jerry

Hi Jerry,

Thank you so very much. I look forward to our collaborative effort to bring awareness to our situation.

Kind regards,

Janelle

Filed: Other Timeline

I admire your courage to openly link to your video, but also agree with the 'general' concept of identity protection. I don't believe that VJ is the best forum for your video, as there is a wide dispersal of people who are enjoying the spoils of doing things the illegal way.

Another huge in your face topic that affects the path to "legal" immigration is that there are several countries whose citizens are allowed to cut in line because the US state department said they could. While there are a few from some of these countries who may have legitimate concern to political persecution, or natural disaster, the State Department does very little to substantiate a claim of such. In fact, the beneficiary may only need to be a citizen of that country or select a checkbox on a form.

When you consider the thousands of legal marriage based petitions that are rejected for non-bona fide relationship, even though the couple provides dozens if not hundreds of pages of photos and other evidence of ongoing relationship. Every single day these folks are rewarded with rejection and no path to correcting it due to the "DOCTRINE OF CONSULAR NON-REVIEWABILITY." This doctrine places the ConOff in a god-like position, and all the interviewee can hope for is that one person conoff didn't wake up on the wrong side of the bed. There is NO recourse when that happens.

Today's immigrants are being used as political pawns more than ever before in history. A congressman need only pass a bill to get accolades from his or her constituents from some not to be mentioned country, and those beneficiaries will leap right in front of thousands of others. It's my contention that the vast majority of asylum seekers and preferential cut in line folks have no basis whatsoever to cut in line. They do it because they can. Most folks are not paying close enough attention to see it. To be sure they would speak up if it happened at the grocery store or the bank.

Edited by ExExpat

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.