Saylin

NVC Filers - March 2015

1,046 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Any filers from Colombia? We received a checklist for my husbands birth certificate...I called they said they didn't have it.....overnighted another copy and requested supervisor review....3 weeks later (today) I received a phone call from NVC.

She said the birth certificate needed to have signature of a notary public.

The birth certificate was an official "copia de folio" stating the page the copy was from, stating "notaria tercera" and signed by the issuing authority. I don't understand why this isn't valid after looking again at the checklist, and country reciprocity information.

Any Colombians (or others) have any insight?

wow. that makes me worry too. I thought we can just send a regular copy of the original birth certificate.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

wow. that makes me worry too. I thought we can just send a regular copy of the original birth certificate.

Me too sent a plain photocopy of the original birth certificate as NVC wants only copies of beneficiary civil documents. I really hope that's not a problem. We sent what they wanted. ?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Mine's the same as yours.

USCIS

July 7, 2014 NOA1

October 21, 2014 NOA2

NVC

November 14, 2014 Package Received

December 16, 2014 Case # Assigned

December 17, 2014 Welcome Email

December 18, 2014 DS-261 Completed

December 18, 2014 Received AOS Invoice

December 19, 2014 AOS Bill Paid

December 23, 2014 AOS Bill Status Changed to Paid

December 29, 2014 Called NVC and a super nice rep reviewed my DS-261

...told IV Bill would be available in 7 days...it took 1...

December 30, 2014 Received IV Invoice

December 30. 2014 IV Bill Available/Paid

December 31, 2014 IV Bill Status Changed to Paid

January 1, 2015 DS-260 Available

January 5, 2015 DS-260 Submitted

January 29, 2015 IV & AOS Packages Submitted

January 30, 2015 IV & AOS Packages Arrived at NVC

JANUARY 30, 2015 SCAN DATE

February 5, 2015 NVC Checklist for AOS and IV documents, but they'd already been sent

February 6, 2015 2nd Email from NVC, they received our documents on 1/30

MARCH 17, 2015 CASE COMPLETE (47 days from scan date)

March 24, 2015 Received Case Complete Email

March 26, 2015 Received Interview Email

MAY 11, 2015 INTERVIEW (Approved Pending Medical Results)

MAY 13, 2015 CASE STATUS CHANGES FROM AP TO ISSUED

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

NVC finally received my cases today....Per Gus Allow 42 days for case # assignment.

Call once a week sometimes is less then 45 days. Mine was assigned on 25 days. from Texas services center.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Any filers from Colombia? We received a checklist for my husbands birth certificate...I called they said they didn't have it.....overnighted another copy and requested supervisor review....3 weeks later (today) I received a phone call from NVC.

She said the birth certificate needed to have signature of a notary public.

The birth certificate was an official "copia de folio" stating the page the copy was from, stating "notaria tercera" and signed by the issuing authority. I don't understand why this isn't valid after looking again at the checklist, and country reciprocity information.

Any Colombians (or others) have any insight?

Hi, I'm from Colombia. We sent the same, a photocopy of the "copia del folio", it has the seal and signed by the notary. We are waiting for CC this week, scan date 12/30/2014. We haven't received any checklist.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Good morning everyone.

I just called the NVC and the lady who I spoke to was very nice. She said the email containing my I-864 form and its supporting documents hasn't hit their system yet. Should I be worried?

She did say there is a bit of a backlog and just need to be patient a little longer, if it you don't receive an email from them to possibly call back next week.

USCIS
July 15/2014 - I-130 Fedex to Chicago Lockbox
July 20/2014 - Received email confirming docs sent to CSC
July 23/2014 - Received NOA1 via snail mail
Aug 25/2014 - USCIS approved Petition
Sept 2/2014 - Rec'vd copy of NOA2 - file sent to NVC
NVC
Oct 09/2014 - Rec'vd welcome letter from NVC with Case number.
Oct 10/2014 - Filled in DS-261 form
Oct 18/2014 - Paid AOS fees
Dec 24/2014 - Paid IV Fee
Dec 31/2014 - Competed and scanned DS-260 form (not sent).
Feb 4/2015 - Emailed AOS and IV packages and now the waiting begins. (Scan Date)
Mar 4/2015 - Rec'vd 60 Day Letter
Apr 1/2015 - Rec'vd Checklist (did not include preparers page) Waiting for updated I-864 papers.
Apr 6/2015 - Resent I864 (AOS) Checklist via EP. Now waiting again!!!!
Apr 16/2015 - Rec'vd 60-day notice email - alot quicker than last time.
Apr 27/2015 - Rec'vd confirmation from NVC we have a CC.
Montreal
May 07/2015 - Rec'vd P4 email providing interview date and requirements
May 21st/2015 - Medicals w/ Dr. Lyndon
June 30/2015 - Interview Date
June 30/2015 - Approved
July 7th/2015 - Received Passport and Documents
July 17th/2015 - Cross POE
July 28th/2015 - Receive SSN
xxxxx/2015 - Receive GC

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Day 64

Just called NVC and the lady said my case is not yet reviewed. She told due to some problem (not weather) the review is being delayed.

She didn't tell me when it will be reviewed, just said that an email will be sent out once reviewed. :crying:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Good morning everyone.

I just called the NVC and the lady who I spoke to was very nice. She said the email containing my I-864 form and its supporting documents hasn't hit their system yet. Should I be worried?

She did say there is a bit of a backlog and just need to be patient a little longer, if it you don't receive an email from them to possibly call back next week.

Dont worry too much about it. To give you an idea. We sent ours on Jan 16 and got our 60 day email confirmation on Feb 20 morning. They are quite behind. And TwoChickies sent in their documents Jan 25 and got theirs a week after ours. By the look of things, you should get yours in a week or so.

Our IR-1 Timeline

05/15/2013: Mailed I-130 to Phoenix Lockbox

05/20/2013: I-130 delivered

05/21/2013: NOA1 Priority Date

05/24/2013: Cheque Cashed and received text with MSC number (Initial Review)

06/03/2013: Received Hardcopy NOA1

12/12/2013: Transferred to another office

12/13/2013: Transferred to local office

01/16/2014: NOA2 EMail Notice

01/29/2014: Transferred to NVC

03/16/2014: Notice from NVC

12/16/2014: Paid AOS Fee and submitted DS-261

01/05/2015: Called NVC and DS-261 was incomplete, gave information and wait for IV bill to be generated

01/06/2015: Paid IV Fee

01/16/2015: Submit DS-260 and emailed documents for both AOS and IV

02/18/2015: 2 False checklists received

02/20/2015: Received Confirmation/60 DAY EMAIL

03/14/2015: Received approval letter from NVC (dated Mar 10) regarding "Request for Earlier Priority Date".. which we never did such a thing

03/27/2015: Day 70 - 6.30-7.30 PM EST .... infamous 3n/as appeared!!!!!! CC confirmed by rep at 9:20 PM EST!!

04/22/2015: Received interview letter (email)

04/25/2015: In transit

04/30/2015: Medical

05/14/2015: Interview..APPROVED... ceac said ISSUED!!

05/21/2015: Visa in hand

07/23/2015: POE at YYZ

08/31/2015: Applied for SSN at local office

09/11/2015: Rec'd SSN and GC

FP1Km4.png

Our citizenship Timeline

08/27/2018 Applied online/NOA Date

09/17/2018 & 10/04/2018: Biometric appointment

05/30/2019: Interview.. APPROVED

06/20/2019: Oath Ceremony

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Estonia
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I'm new here and I just wanted to say that my scan date is also 30 Dec and still nothing so far. I've been at NVC since last august and had a checklist already.

Also, since I already received one checklist (technically it was 2, one for AOS and one for IV, but they came together), does that mean this time it will definitely be a CC? I mean, I heard some people here said they received 2 checklists, but I'm guessing they had one for AOS and one for IV after filing them separately.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Day 64

Just called NVC and the lady said my case is not yet reviewed. She told due to some problem (not weather) the review is being delayed.

She didn't tell me when it will be reviewed, just said that an email will be sent out once reviewed. :crying:

OMG!!!! 64 days and still hanging and your document not yet even reviewed? then we the January scans will stuck forever. I will just relax, tired of anticipation and expectation

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Slovenia
Timeline

ups...I was thinking to call them today and ask if there is any update for my case (40 day mark)....silly me :)

N-400 Timeline
04/02/19 N-400 Submitted online
04/22/19 Biometrics
11/05/19 Interview (Approved)

ROC Timeline

Service Center: California

08/11/17 I-751 Packet delivered to USCIS

09/18/17 Biometrics Appointment

08/17/18 2nd extension letter (additional 6 months)

11/02/18 New card is being  produced (Approved)

NVC
11-04-2014 NVC case receive

05-20-2015 Visa received

10-06-2015 Time to kick back and let it fly

Timeline

Hi, I'm from Colombia. We sent the same, a photocopy of the "copia del folio", it has the seal and signed by the notary. We are waiting for CC this week, scan date 12/30/2014. We haven't received any checklist.

The seal on his copia del folio states "Es fiel y exacta copia de su original que resosa en el archivo historico de cartagena, tomada de seccion:notaria tercera.. Serie....tomo... consta de __hojas. then it's signed by the director. (i attached a scan of the seal for you to see)

It looks like it needs to be authenticated according to the info I found below....although I think different jurisdictions do it differently-hopefully the one you got had the proper signature/seal. So sad! It was the original with the stamp from the "issuing authority" as requested...the directions on the NVC site/reciprocity info never mentioned it should be "autenticado". But like I said I think many places that issue them in Colombia do issue it from the notaria that they require....you should be ok.

CERTIFICADOS DE NACIMIENTO: Cada solicitante debe presentar un original o una fotocopia autenticada de su registro civil de nacimiento. Se requiere copia del folio. La fecha y lugar de nacimiento, nombres de los padres y fecha en que se registró el nacimiento deben incluirse. No aceptamos “formas abreviadas” de los registros civiles de nacimiento, ya que ellas no son extraídas de los registros del gobierno.

Registro Civil-Back.pdf

Timeline

The seal on his copia del folio states "Es fiel y exacta copia de su original que resosa en el archivo historico de cartagena, tomada de seccion:notaria tercera.. Serie....tomo... consta de __hojas. then it's signed by the director. (i attached a scan of the seal for you to see)

It looks like it needs to be authenticated according to the info I found below....although I think different jurisdictions do it differently-hopefully the one you got had the proper signature/seal. So sad! It was the original with the stamp from the "issuing authority" as requested...the directions on the NVC site/reciprocity info never mentioned it should be "autenticado". But like I said I think many places that issue them in Colombia do issue it from the notaria that they require....you should be ok.

CERTIFICADOS DE NACIMIENTO: Cada solicitante debe presentar un original o una fotocopia autenticada de su registro civil de nacimiento. Se requiere copia del folio. La fecha y lugar de nacimiento, nombres de los padres y fecha en que se registró el nacimiento deben incluirse. No aceptamos “formas abreviadas” de los registros civiles de nacimiento, ya que ellas no son extraídas de los registros del gobierno.

What I see, is that is missing the notary signature. Take a look at mine's, there is the signature over the seal of the notary.

post-203215-0-27150800-1425395155_thumb.jpg

Edited by lopezgallo

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.