rnab32

Proof of on-going relationship - Pictures question

44 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Ah that's right, I believe proof of an on-going relationship during the initial is I-129F petition is optional, while proof of meeting in person within the last 2 years is optional.

I still plan on proving proof of an on-going relationship with my I-129F based on this statement on this sites' K1 Guide:

Additionally, please note that providing proof of your ongoing and genuine relationship in this package may benefit you by allowing the consulate to have access to this information prior to them formally contacting the non US Citizen fiance. Many high risk consulates approach cases with a skeptical eye and providing this information early on in the original I-129F package will help them in their preliminary review of your case.

And finally , is the Philippines considered a "high risk consulate"?

Thanks everyone!

Proof of ongoing relationship during the I-129F process is NOT required... not even optional, some feel the "need" to (what they call) front load their petition. For the Philippines TOTALLY unnecessary.

Yes the Philippines is considered a high risk consulate, but mostly because of fraudulent documents (and a few phony relationships ;) )... so relax.

Provide the proof of ongoing relationship during the actual visa application at the embassy, all will be fine.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People.... your making too much out of this. As Hank has stated so eloquently (oooh I just had this vision of a big burly guy in a tutu :rofl: ) you only need to prove that you have met in the past two years (passport, hotel and plane ticket will suffice) and that you have an ongoing relationship (pictures with her family is a big plus, with yourselves together in loving poses - handholding, hugs etc.) Just give them a flavor of your relationship not your life history.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Understood and thanks everyone for the feedback!

Sorry for all the questions. It's just that I've never done anything like this before along with on the fear of the unknown which brings on stress and anxiety coupled with the fact that I'm a worrier by nature. I'm really lucky and glad to find this site to be able to ask questions to you all who have gone through this. It definitely helps put me at ease knowing I'm not the first person to ever do this and that thousands of people have successfully gone through this process.

ROC:

7/2/18 - ROC packet (I-751) sent

7/5/18 - USCIS CSC received

7/13/18 - NOA (I-797) notice date

7/17/18 - $680 check cashed

7/20/18 - NOA (I-797) received

3/11/19 - Biometrics reused

6/4/19 - Case transferred to Potomac Service Center  

10/9/19 - New Card Is Being Produced / Approved

10/11/19 - Card Was Mailed To Me

10/12/19 - Approval Notice received

10/17/19 - 10-yr Green Card received

Timeline

Understood and thanks everyone for the feedback!

Sorry for all the questions. It's just that I've never done anything like this before along with on the fear of the unknown which brings on stress and anxiety coupled with the fact that I'm a worrier by nature. I'm really lucky and glad to find this site to be able to ask questions to you all who have gone through this. It definitely helps put me at ease knowing I'm not the first person to ever do this and that thousands of people have successfully gone through this process.

I remember those "nervous days", being uncertain about how to do the forms, what all to include. I actually didn't fine this site until after I had filed, but I have dealt with contracts and forms most of my life, all went smoothly and it has been rock n roll since.

The petition process is rather generic, the process in Manila is more unique so I created the guide in my link.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Agreed, the process in Manila looks way more complicated! I wish I could be in Manila to help her through it, but I'm sure she'll get it done. Your link for the process is great and we'll definitely use it when the time comes. Thanks for doing that!

ROC:

7/2/18 - ROC packet (I-751) sent

7/5/18 - USCIS CSC received

7/13/18 - NOA (I-797) notice date

7/17/18 - $680 check cashed

7/20/18 - NOA (I-797) received

3/11/19 - Biometrics reused

6/4/19 - Case transferred to Potomac Service Center  

10/9/19 - New Card Is Being Produced / Approved

10/11/19 - Card Was Mailed To Me

10/12/19 - Approval Notice received

10/17/19 - 10-yr Green Card received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Ah that's right, I believe proof of an on-going relationship during the initial is I-129F petition is optional, while proof of meeting in person within the last 2 years is optional.

I still plan on proving proof of an on-going relationship with my I-129F based on this statement on this sites' K1 Guide:

Additionally, please note that providing proof of your ongoing and genuine relationship in this package may benefit you by allowing the consulate to have access to this information prior to them formally contacting the non US Citizen fiance. Many high risk consulates approach cases with a skeptical eye and providing this information early on in the original I-129F package will help them in their preliminary review of your case.

And finally , is the Philippines considered a "high risk consulate"?

Thanks everyone!

Yes, PHL is considered high risk specially with the red flags that goes with mail order bride. Also, CFO have red flags for minor fiancee and "huge" age gap. These are some I have learned during my CFO training.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yes, PHL is considered high risk specially with the red flags that goes with mail order bride. Also, CFO have red flags for minor fiancee and "huge" age gap. These are some I have learned during my CFO training.

Please Expand what you have learned during your 'CFO Training" for minor fiancé?

I have not seen anyone from USA marry a minor via a K1 from Philipinnes, a minor is considered under 18 years old in USA.

Timeline

Red flags for mail order brides, that is a new one with me, and what do you consider "huge" age gap that the embassy would consider a red flag as I have never heard of anyone having problems during the visa interview with this either?

CFO training, that is a new one also? Where are they offering CFO training?

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Red flags for mail order brides, that is a new one with me, and what do you consider "huge" age gap that the embassy would consider a red flag as I have never heard of anyone having problems during the visa interview with this either?

CFO training, that is a new one also? Where are they offering CFO training?

CFO Training = CFO GCP ... you have to pardon me on my vernacular ;) . Being used to the corporate meetings, GCP feels more like a training instead of a seminar/counseling program. They tell you what to do if you future husband will punch you in the face or turn out to be a complete PITA.

Anway, mail order brides have been rampant in the Philippines since the 80's. Also this is not exclusive for US folks...Japan, European countries, etc. But yeah, to cut the long story short, this was reiterated during the GCC and something the US Embassy tags as red flag. IMO, that's why the proof of relationship and meeting in the last 2 years are important factors during the entire K1 visa process.

And the "huge" age gap was also mentioned during GCC. No one can really define (as the instructor put it) the term "huge" age gap. But at the very least, they (the CFO folks) would put a red flag on a 30 year age gap. And CFO conducts one-one-one interview during GCC, thus they can make a judgement call on these "huge" age gap.

Edited by kipper_22

Timeline

Please Expand what you have learned during your 'CFO Training" for minor fiancé?

I have not seen anyone from USA marry a minor via a K1 from Philipinnes, a minor is considered under 18 years old in USA.

Let me rephrase that to correct myself...a parental consent is needed for fiance/e whose age are between 18-21 years old, which is stated in the PHL family code. And that age bracket is considered as red flag for those applying for K1 visa then couple that with a "huge" gap.

And I read some USC who marry a minor...whether legally or not, that's a whole different topic.

Timeline

CFO Training = CFO GCP ... you have to pardon me on my vernacular ;) . Being used to the corporate meetings, GCP feels more like a training instead of a seminar/counseling program. They tell you what to do if you future husband will punch you in the face or turn out to be a complete PITA.

Anway, mail order brides have been rampant in the Philippines since the 80's. Also this is not exclusive for US folks...Japan, European countries, etc. But yeah, to cut the long story short, this was reiterated during the GCC and something the US Embassy tags as red flag. IMO, that's why the proof of relationship and meeting in the last 2 years are important factors during the entire K1 visa process.

And the "huge" age gap was also mentioned during GCC. No one can really define (as the instructor put it) the term "huge" age gap. But at the very least, they (the CFO folks) would put a red flag on a 30 year age gap. And CFO conducts one-one-one interview during GCC, thus they can make a judgement call on these "huge" age gap.

You are drifting off course.... neither of those items you listed have anything to do with the why the Philippines is considered a High Fraud country. (and this site is exclusive to US folks) Provide me a link to the embassy website or DOS website where it states they tag as RED FLAG "mail order brides" and "age gap".

Secondly 1) The OP was asking about the visa interview Not CFO.

As for CFO don't know of any "mail order brides" coming through here, and regarding "age gap" I have seen them being close to 40 years come through here without issue.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

What judgement call are they going to make? Whether or not to issue a sticker?

I have never heard of anyone being denied sticker.

What is the purpose of CFO, Who knows, It seems to change it focus over the years. 15 years of so they would try to get citizen who live in USA to make sure the remitted back to Social Security sytem back in the PHilippines. A few years ago BDO would have a bank rep their trying to get their citizens to sign up for credit cards.

Apparently CFO is very ineffective and serves little purpose, Go to the Effect on Family changes here, and look at all the Philppines who are having marriage issues or friend of friend of Pinay who are posting asking for help on abuse or alleged abuse. I thought all of this was handled in CFO...

I have had two fiancé go thru CFO over the years....

Timeline

You are drifting off course.... neither of those items you listed have anything to do with the why the Philippines is considered a High Fraud country. (and this site is exclusive to US folks) Provide me a link to the embassy website or DOS website where it states they tag as RED FLAG "mail order brides" and "age gap".

Secondly 1) The OP was asking about the visa interview Not CFO.

As for CFO don't know of any "mail order brides" coming through here, and regarding "age gap" I have seen them being close to 40 years come through here without issue.

You really think a couple would disclose that they met thru a mail order bride website? Hmm.

And I disagree that I'm drifting....the OP asked why it PHL is high risk for fraud. Having a huge gap would immediately raised questions about the authenticity of the relationship. And huge gap would entails marriage for convenience for the younger partner. Let's call a spade a spade.... in the real world even a non inter-racial relationship with "huge" age gap would raised some RED flags. The fact that it was mentioned during GCC would entail it is a RED flag for marriage sham.

Lastly, let's not generalize situations...one couple's journey doesn't make it a template for all cases. RED flags are a way for the CO to scrutinize each case and ask the correct questions during the interview. Being prepared is the best way to go. I'm sharing what I have observed during the interview process...hopefully those who will be in this situation can prove the authenticity of their relationship and live happily ever after.

Timeline

What judgement call are they going to make? Whether or not to issue a sticker?

I have never heard of anyone being denied sticker.

What is the purpose of CFO, Who knows, It seems to change it focus over the years. 15 years of so they would try to get citizen who live in USA to make sure the remitted back to Social Security sytem back in the PHilippines. A few years ago BDO would have a bank rep their trying to get their citizens to sign up for credit cards.

Apparently CFO is very ineffective and serves little purpose, Go to the Effect on Family changes here, and look at all the Philppines who are having marriage issues or friend of friend of Pinay who are posting asking for help on abuse or alleged abuse. I thought all of this was handled in CFO...

I have had two fiancé go thru CFO over the years....

That I can't answer...I don't know of anyone got denied of a sticker neither so I dont know if they have the power to stop anyone from flying if USEM gave them a visa.

And the purpose of CFO is to look for the welfare of Filipinos who are living overseas whether via immigration or as OFW. And the counselor shared some of her cases where Filipinos asked for their help to remove them from certain "situations".

Sample 1. USC husband refused to file AOS for spouse....so she is "trapped" and have no status. They are trying to get her back home because she doesn't want to be in that situation no more.

Sample 2. USC husband died and young Filpina is left alone to tend for herself and she have limited "skills" to work. I forgot though what CFO did to help them.

Anyway, I will not try to close one eye and pretend that CFO are doing a good job but to give them the benefit of the doubt...these abused Pinays need to contact CFO for help. But if you are in an abusive situation, I don't even know how you can find the chance to call 911 at least.

I dont know, it's really sad to hear these abusive situations....one can only hope that you know your future spouses well enough.

Edited by kipper_22

Timeline

You really think a couple would disclose that they met thru a mail order bride website? Hmm.

And I disagree that I'm drifting....the OP asked why it PHL is high risk for fraud. Having a huge gap would immediately raised questions about the authenticity of the relationship. And huge gap would entails marriage for convenience for the younger partner. Let's call a spade a spade.... in the real world even a non inter-racial relationship with "huge" age gap would raised some RED flags. The fact that it was mentioned during GCC would entail it is a RED flag for marriage sham.

Lastly, let's not generalize situations...one couple's journey doesn't make it a template for all cases. RED flags are a way for the CO to scrutinize each case and ask the correct questions during the interview. Being prepared is the best way to go. I'm sharing what I have observed during the interview process...hopefully those who will be in this situation can prove the authenticity of their relationship and live happily ever after.

Well if you think the U.S. Department of State lists the Philippines as a HIGH FRAUD country because of "mail order brides and age gap" you truly need a reality check.... as they don't. No red flags... nothing.

Truly don't care what GCC states, most of their info seems to be at least 50 years out of date, especially considering no one does "mail order brides" anymore... this is the internet age.

And meeting through an online "dating site" is NOT a "mail order bride", plus it seems you don't have a clue on what an International Marriage Broker is either.

FilipinoCupid, CherryBlossom and such are NOT "mail order bride" websites, and many have disclosed they met on one of them. As for International marriage brokers, YES I think a couple would disclose they met through such an organization as it is a REQUIRED disclosure by USCIS ... to lie is fraud.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-129f.pdf question 35.

- Glad you are sharing what you have observed in the few months you have been doing this process-

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.