Me 2

ridiculous!

22 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Can someone explain to me all these "hoops" ,many are the same "hoops", which have been jumped over/thru again and again, that are put forth by my government? WE ARE MARRIED!! SHE WAS HERE BECAUSE THE GOVERNMENT APPROVED HER (AND ME) ALREADY IN THE PAST!!! We recently submitted a petition in August for her to return, IT WAS APPROVED!. Now this info. goes to NVC which seems to require much of the SAME information that has been submitted time and time again, and was in the packet they just received in August. (ex. passport photos, why do they need more goddamn passport photos?) They should have all this information on file from previous applications and visa. (I included case #'s, visa #'s, whatever, from our first application & acceptance in this recent petition for MY WIFE to return.) YES,... I understand the need to update some of our information, but a lot of these requirements seem to be ridiculous and unnecessary. WE ARE MARRIED!!! Where is the logic from the "powers that be", when we have so many illegals in my country that the government caters to? This is absolutely unbelievable! Some politician needs to look into some of these requirements and exercise some commonsense and make logical changes in these requirements.

Any comments will be welcomed.

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Hi,

The system is the system. It's good to let off some steam, but staying angry will not get you anywhere.

If you want to change the sýtem, then lobby Congress on immigration reform.

Don't blame illegals for your problems. They have nothing to do with the paperwork you are required to file.

Did you file for a K-1? What procedure this you have to go through the first time? What are you applying for now?

Yes, really they do. I have been separated from my husband during this process for a long time. If he came here illegally, he could be getting a driver's license, social security card and a job right now.

Please explain the logic in this?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

You are old enough to understand that you are dealing with the United States of America government and nothing in "this" government will ever make sense. Just do what they want / need and you will survive it all....we did.....Good Luck

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yes, really they do. I have been separated from my husband during this process for a long time. If he came here illegally, he could be getting a driver's license, social security card and a job right now.

That's very easy to explain. People will lie, cheat, and steal to get into this country. You may know your husband is a good man, but the government does not. Of course they want to investigate him and know his background before welcoming into this country. The government doesn't even know if you are a good woman, so they want to take a look at you too. Believe it or not, there are people that want to come here to do bad things! And there are people that live here that want to help them do bad things!

Coming here is a privilege, not a right. I know illegals that are here and they live in constant fear of deportation. How would you like to for your husband to be deported and you to be left alone with children (if you have any)? Simple and fast immigration is not going to happen. Illegal immigration is a completely different issue than legal immigration anyway. If we allowed everyone to just move here then there would be a problem, right? Our population would double in 5 years.

The process is not "hard." Yes, it takes a little time to gather the correct documents, but it isn't hard. The waiting and separation is difficult, I agree.

Avoiding the process is like robbing a bank instead of getting a job. It is all great until you get caught, then not so good.

Please don't take offense at my post- it is not directed at you pr your husband personally. I just wanted to respond in general.

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

On the Daily Show with Jon Stewart, there was a sheriff who said illegals get free laptops.

If you don't want your husband to wait for a visa, then have him hop the fence. He can get all those things you listed. Life will be peachy after that. He will also get a free laptop.

Edited by aaron2020

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Illegals can get DLs in Colorado.

Not sure about lap tops but look up Agricultural Trespass Denver.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Timeline

A former head of the USCIS fraud unit had a similar sentiment to the USCIS adjudicator union rep about this:

That the USCIS had become in the principal business of responding to requests from attorneys of illegals who occupied their significant resources reducing what was otherwise available to other "customers" and "stakeholders".

Google. you should be able to pickup the quotes.

Edited by asisflyer

Don't take this as me being negative or anything but...

You keep saying "WE ARE MARRIED" as if that is enough to not have to prove to uscis that you are legitimate?

Being married isn't proof of anything other than being in the same place at the same time and having said some stuff and signed a piece of paper.

We have to go through all this because they don't know who we are or what our intentions are.

I'm thankful for the process, and I get mad myself at the situation with illegals but they have no baring on my process.

I was shocked to find out the amount of people that do k1 visas.

Especially those that do them multiple times which confuses me.

I don't know why anyone would seek out to do this process, it's horrible.

Anyway I guess I just want to point out that being married does not give you a right to be in America.

You've just gotta accept the process because being mad at it is pointless.

My Name is Daisy, I am British, I say things bluntly and to the point.
London K1, A complete guide -- >http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/474161-london-k1-a-complete-guide/
I am Daisy the Beneficiary, These are my views!
U.K. k1 visa, approved 2014.

NOA1: 20/03/2014

NOA2: 11/04/2014 (22 days)

Interview: 09/07/2014 (111 days)

D.O.E 29/07/2014

Married 29/08/2014

AOS from K1/K3 Guide -->http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1k3aos

AOS/EAD/AP Sent: 12/11/2014

Delivered at Chicago LB:15/11/2014

NOA1 (all 3): 17/11/2014

NOA1 (all 3) hardcopy: 24/11/2014(Notice date 20th)

Bio-metrics App letter: 28/11/2014(Notice date 21st)

Bio-metrics App Cleveland Ohio: 10/12/2014

EAD/AP:Approved/production 31/01/2015(update 2/2/1015) (80 days)

Combo Card: Mailed 5/2/2015

Combo Card: Delivered 6/2/2015AP

NOA: Approval Notice received 7/2/2015

Interview waiver letter: received 23/2/15 dated: 18/2/2015

Green Card: APPROVED 31/07/2015

(Remember, all my dates are British layout.. the proper layout!)

Filed: Timeline

There is no way for officials to know if any of your information has changed unless they ask for it again so it can be updated. Plus, your previous application has most likely been archived and was likely done before a lot of the process was electronic, so would not be easy to retrieve. And -- there is actually a good reason why new photos are requested even though you gave them some in August....photos have to have been taken within the past six months to be used during the immigration process. This ensures it is recent enough to actually look like the person. Sorry, but the government is only asking you to follow the process -- it may be a pain, but it's not their fault that you have to do it again.

That's very easy to explain. People will lie, cheat, and steal to get into this country. You may know your husband is a good man, but the government does not. Of course they want to investigate him and know his background before welcoming into this country. The government doesn't even know if you are a good woman, so they want to take a look at you too. Believe it or not, there are people that want to come here to do bad things! And there are people that live here that want to help them do bad things!

Coming here is a privilege, not a right. I know illegals that are here and they live in constant fear of deportation. How would you like to for your husband to be deported and you to be left alone with children (if you have any)? Simple and fast immigration is not going to happen. Illegal immigration is a completely different issue than legal immigration anyway. If we allowed everyone to just move here then there would be a problem, right? Our population would double in 5 years.

The process is not "hard." Yes, it takes a little time to gather the correct documents, but it isn't hard. The waiting and separation is difficult, I agree.

Avoiding the process is like robbing a bank instead of getting a job. It is all great until you get caught, then not so good.

Please don't take offense at my post- it is not directed at you pr your husband personally. I just wanted to respond in general.

If we are so concerned about our population doubling then we got 5 million that should not really be here. Just saying. That didn't answer my question.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

You are old enough to understand that you are dealing with the United States of America government and nothing in "this" government will ever make sense. Just do what they want / need and you will survive it all....we did.....Good Luck

+1 for this. Trying to apply the word "logic" in any form to dealing with the U.S. government is an exercise in futility. If it's any consolation, be thankful you're not tangling with the IRS. Now that's something that will make you go ballistic.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.