I AM NOT THAT GUY

Russian opposition leader Nemtsov shot dead in Moscow

53 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

ROFl One should only discuss politics based in their own country

Discussing politics would actually be a step forward in this thread. You haven't actually done that so far in the thread.

Jingoism isn't discussing politics.

Discussing politics would actually be a step forward in this thread. You haven't actually done that so far in the thread.

Jingoism isn't discussing politics.

Do you wish to discuss English politics. You said a person should worry about politics in their own country, but yet you are fixated on everything American. Odd

Filed: Timeline

Do you wish to discuss English politics. You said a person should worry about politics in their own country, but yet you are fixated on everything American. Odd

I have noticed foreigners like to talk about what is wrong with America, but somehow neglect what is wrong with their own countries.

Something about getting the log out of your own eye first comes to mind.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Do you want to keep repeating the same thing in the hope that it will achieve a different result?

In point of fact, I didn't say a person should restrict their political opinions to the politics in their own country. I said that you should be more engaged in your own political process, rather than idolising dictators in other countries and making spurious statements about the people you do elect that have little basis in fact.

If you misunderstood that, i trust you are now corrected.

Edited by For Ffolkes Sake

Filed: Other Timeline

I still think women prefer bad boys, and putin may well have a bigger whanger than the american emperor. It certainly seems like he could also kick hisASS in a bronco riding contest. That could work out in a bad way for all the rest of us. Everyone better start practicing their whittling for the nesting doll factories.

Edited by ExExpat

I have noticed foreigners like to talk about what is wrong with America, but somehow neglect what is wrong with their own countries.

20040224_2.gif

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

I have noticed that too, but I'd rather give the motley crew the benefit of the first amendment and let them criticize our ways, our POTUS and political system, all the while revering the likes of Putin, than to restrict their freedom of expression. It reveals a lot about their particular human condition and inability to adapt to life in the West. Perhaps if you and I had to move half way across the planet in order to seize opportunities denied at the home country, we'd too feel rancorous about any adoptive country.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Perhaps if you and I had to move half way across the planet in order to seize opportunities denied at the home country, we'd too feel rancorous about any adoptive country.

I didn't know things were that bad in western Europe. Thanks for the heads up.

Timeline

Things are bad everywhere, especially in Asia. A great deal of the loathing for our ways of live stem from Asian immigrants. In this forum they seem to be the most vocal about their anti-American sentiments.

I didn't know things were that bad in western Europe. Thanks for the heads up.

You waste your intellect. There is a picture of Putin in the middle of the circle. Think of that.

Do you want to keep repeating the same thing in the hope that it will achieve a different result?

In point of fact, I didn't say a person should restrict their political opinions to the politics in their own country. I said that you should be more engaged in your own political process, rather than idolising dictators in other countries and making spurious statements about the people you do elect that have little basis in fact.

If you misunderstood that, i trust you are now corrected.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Things are bad everywhere, especially in Asia. A great deal of the loathing for our ways of live stem from Asian immigrants. In this forum they seem to be the most vocal about their anti-American sentiments.

You do realize this forum is mostly populated by petitioners, native USC's predominately.

Timeline

Russians are not taking it is as joyously as the Putinistas would purport...

20150302RUSSIA-hp-slide-LE24-jumbo.jpg

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/02/world/europe/march-in-moscow-to-honor-putin-critic-boris-nemtsov.html?_r=0

Remembering Slain Critic of Putin, Tens of Thousands March in Moscow

MOSCOW — They carried carnations and roses in even-numbered bouquets, which is how Russians mourn. They held placards praising a fallen hero and waved the Russian tricolor flag.

Tens of thousands of people from a wide range of political parties and movements turned out in central Moscow on Sunday to honor the opposition leader Boris Y. Nemtsov, who was shot dead on Friday near Red Square. Many of the mourners walked right past the Kremlin walls, holding signs saying, “I am not afraid.”

The crowd was roughly the size of some of the larger rallies held in the Russian capital three years ago during the “white ribbon” protests, a movement that Mr. Nemtsov helped organize.

Since Vladimir V. Putin returned the presidency in 2012, though, the Russian opposition has fractured and faded, and the country has become absorbed in the conflict in Ukraine that broke out last year.

Some in the crowd on Sunday said they hoped the turnout for the vigil for Mr. Nemtsov would signal a revival of opposition street politics in Russia. But it was far from clear that that would happen, given the many legal obstacles to organizing in Russia and the splintering and repression of the opposition leadership.

Edited by JohnR!

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org