Rob Corvette

Met a Filipina here in US who was here on K-1 visa

30 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

that's actually a real case btw.. this girl came here on an arranged marriage, while here met an american citizen, didn't marry guy she was supposed to, the guy filed saying fraud, etc

she got hit with a lifetime ban so even though she married the citizen out of love/etc

she's sol :( she already has a lifetime ban for legality

January 21, 2020 = My wife is finally a US CITIZEN!! Thank you Jesus! Our long journey is finally over!!

December 18, 2019 = Naturalization Oath Letter Received! THANK YOU JESUS!! The journey is long, but in the end.. it's all worth it

December 17, 2019 = Naturalization Oath Scheduled! i751 Removal of Conditions on Green Card Approved!

December 16, 2019 = "do over" for n400 interview.. was sent to the Adjudicator room.. after a very long wait since it was crowded.. PASSED!

October 8, 2019 = n400 Interview, did not pass. did not fail. what?! yup. was scheduled for a "do over"

May 21, 2019 = Green Card ROC Application transferred to local office for interview

February 21, 2019 = N400 Biometrics Appointment

February 01, 2019 = N400 NOA1 received. Biometric Appointment Scheduled

January 30, 2019 = Files N400 US Citizenship Application (while green card roc is pending)

March 20, 2018 = Biometrics Appt  (i797-C, Notice of Action .. noa1?)

January 30, 2018 = Received I-757 NOA for i-751 petition

January 26, 2018 = Mailed I-751 Removal of Conditions to Vermont Service Center

March 30, 2016 = AOS Approved on the same day!!! YES THANK YOU JESUS!!

March 30, 2016 = Adjustment of Status interview..

December 3, 2015 = Employment Auth & Travel Permit Approved

September 24, 2015 = Filed for Adjustment of Status, Employment Auth, Travel Permit

August 27, 2015 = Married !!!!!!!

July 16, 2015 = CEAC status ISSUED!!! :) OH YES BABY!!! Flight Book to NYC on August 8!!!

July 2, 2015 = Returned to Embassy for fingerprints and brought Passport and 221G documents -- PASSED!!

June 21, 2015 = K-1 Interview .. issued a 221G and was told to come back to do fingerprints

June 16, 2015 = Interview Date from Riyadh Embassy!!! :D Received Packet 4

March 22, 2015 = Readyness Documents Delivered!! yay!

March 18, 2015 = Readyness Documents mailed to Riyadh Embassy.

March 17, 2015 = Visa MRV Fee Shows up on ustraveldocs.com/sa/ (Last step for the K-1 Packet!!)

March 14, 2015 = Visa MRV Fee Paid (1,0007 sar)

March 05, 2015 = K-1 Required Documents (Affidavit of Support, etc) received by fiancee in Riyadh!!! (that quick?! WOW!)

March 02, 2015 = Mailed K-1 Required Documents (Affidavit of Support, etc) to Riyadh via FedEx

February 20, 2015 = NVC Approval Letter Received! (lol a week after Riyadh Embassy contacted us)

= Riyadh Embassy EMAILS the "Packet 3" notification :) game on! and yes, they reference your Case #

February 16, 2015 = Case # Received from RIYADH EMBASSY!! Yup! Didn't call NVC or hear anything but damn that FAST!

February 06, 2015 = NVC received I-129F package (called them, no case # yet)

January 30, 2015 = Hardcopy of NOA2 received

January 30, 2015 = USCIS Status Change! Application Mailed to Visa Center. (so it took a week for TSC to mail it to NVC)

January 23, 2015 = NOA 2 Case Approval by USCIS Website and Email!!!!!

December 24, 2014 = Hardcopy NOA1 received

December 22, 2014 = NOA 1 Receipt TSC (NO!! not the hellhole that is TSC) :(

December 18, 2014 = I-129F submitted

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

From what the OP posted she seems to be an honest person, not just someone trying to turn a trick, as you suggest.

She should have married the first guy and whalloped him with VAWA.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

That is what I was afraid of, that she would have to go back home, and that figures, just when I meet someone that I really hit it off with, and who is already here, I lose her...

OK, so if she has to go back, and then I have to petition her to come back, will the time we spent together here, along with the pictures we took, count for the having met within the last 2 years requirement,

Yes

so that I would not have to fly to the Philippines again like last time?

Last time?

Is there any kind of rule about her having to wait some length of time before she could be allowed for me to petition her on a new K-1?

No

Edited by baron555

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello again to all of the wonderful people who gave me such great advice on a problem I posted before.

I met a Filipina a few weeks ago who had arrived in the US back in the end of November 2014 on a K-1 Fiance Visa, but things didn't work out with them, and she did not marry him. Her K-1 Visa expired a few days ago, and she and I want to have some time to get to know each other better to see if we want to make a life together. We are close to the same age, and are getting along just great, and I sure hope there is a process or a proper form to fill out that would allow her to extend her K-1 so that we might have a chance to see if we can make each other happy.

Can anyone tell me if this is possible, or are they just going to come along and scoop her up and send her home? For the record, she wants nothing to do with her original fiance, he turned out to be a violent jerk, and in my opinion mean and bitter enough to call immigration to have her picked up. I sure would like to have the time for a chance at happiness...

I appreciate any help you can give me.

Rob

That K-1 visa was for marrying "the other guy", which she was to complete within the 90 days, if those 90 days have passed she needs to return to the Philippines as she is now out of status... as in illegal. Buy her airfare back to the Philippines then start the K-1 process to bring her here.

Yes take pictures and collect documentation that she was here with you (copy of her passport and entry stamps, airfare boarding pass) as evidence you have met within the 2 years requirement then she does not need to fly to the Phils.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

What happens please explain. Is she suppose to marry someone that treats her bad and be unhappy? just because she got her case expedited. Did she know he was going to be like that when she got here? What makes a couple more deserving? the fact that they had to wait longer. I am sorry for couples wait, but that does not make it more deserving.

How do you know he treated her bad, because thats what she said? How about she is just trying to do what a lot do and that is to get a green card, how do you know she didnt use the first guy just to get here and now she is hooking up with this guy cause the first guy found out about her plans and cut her off? This happened to my brother, and by the time he got her here on the K1 she had already found some one with a little more money so when she got here she told him she changed her mind and that she met someone else. Then should tried to pull that VAWA mess on him so she could stay.

That's an interesting point. It is possible (not probable, not likely, and not saying it happened....just possible with the expedite) that she met her first failed fiance as little as 6 months ago (3 months to process expedited k1, 3 months of being here), whereas there are people languishing in TSC who have been waiting for NOA2 for 7 months. Crazy when you think about it. ::smh::

That is possible, but if she just wanted to get a visa to come to the USA. she could of just marry and file for vawa. There are people posting on this site all the time about fail relationships. Some are long relationship. others are very short relationship. Is a couple that knows each other longer but does not communicate that much, better then a couple who only knew each other for a while, but communicate daily?There will always be fail relationships,

For a poster to say her relationship fail because she Filipina and had her case expedited is wrong. that other couples are more deserving is wrong. Does waiting longer for the visa makes a couple more deserving of one ?

Edited by j&ana

ROC
Service Center : Nebraska Service Center
Consulate : Manila, Philippines
Marriage (if applicable): 2014-05-20
I-130 Sent : 2014-10-06
I-130 NOA1 : 2014-10-09
I-130 RFE for NSO copy of marriage certificate: 2014-11-03
I-130 RFE Sent : 2014-11-18
I-130 Approved : 2014-12-07
NVC Received : 2014-12-23
NVC case number: 2015-02-04
Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2015-02-04
Pay AOS Bill : 2015-02-05
Submit DS-261 : 2015-02-05
Sent AOS Package : 2015-02-09
Sent IV Package : 2015-02-09
Scan date : 2015-02-10
Receive IV Bill : 2015-03-03
Pay IV Bill : 2015-03-06
Submit DS-260: 2015-3-12
Case Completed at NVC : 2015-03-20
Receive Instruction and Interview appointment letter: 2015-3-27
Medical complete: 2015-04-08
Interview Date : 2015-05-08
Interview Result : Approved
Visa Received : 2015-05-13

Date of US Entry : 2015-06-09

Date of Social Security card receive : 06-2015

Date of Green Card received 07-2015

Date of ROC FILE 05-19-2017

I-751 NOA Date 05-26-2017

http://jerryjja.wix.com/filipinasaswa?_ga=1.194674661.91538870.1441656248

That is possible, but if she just wanted to get a visa to come to the USA. she could of just marry and file for vawa. There are people posting on this site all the time about fail relationships. Some are long relationship. others are very short relationship. Is a couple that knows each other longer but does not communicate that much, better then a couple who only knew each other for a while, but communicate daily?There will always be fail relationships,

For a poster to say her relationship fail because she Filipina and had her case expedited is wrong. that other couples are more deserving is wrong. What makes a couple more deserving of a visa?

I didn't agree with the "this is what happens" part that the other poster said and I can't speak for the other poster. So...I don't know. I personally choose to interpret it as "when these visas are so quick and easy to get they will be abused" but, again, not being the person who said that ....I don't know. Even if that is what they mean, I don't see it that way myself.

I was only pointing out how insane the difference between an expedited application vs the new normal at Texas is. This woman (in theory) had enough time to meet someone, get engaged, get a visa, come here, have the relationship fail AND meet a new person all in a span of time quicker than many people have been waiting for a single piece of paper to make it through TSC. It's the potential to have met after many others filed that's crazy to me. It's like one of those "the average-aged NBA player wasn't even born by the time Michael Jordan retired"* kind of things.

*I have no idea if this is actually true, I don't even like basketball

Marriage/ AOS Timeline:

23 Dec 2015: Legal marriage

23 Jan 2016: Wedding!

23 Jan 2016: "Blizzard of the Century", wedding canceled/rescheduled (thank goodness we were legally married first or we'd have had a big problem!) :sleepy:

24 Jan 2016: Small "civil ceremony" with friends and family who were snowed in with us. December was a bit of a secret and people had traveled internationally and knew we *had* to get married that weekend, and our December legal marriage was nothing but signing a piece of paper at our priest's kitchen table, without any sort of vows etc so this was actually a very special (if not legally significant) day. (L)

16 Apr 2016: Filed for AOS and EAD/AP (We delayed a bit-- no big rush, enjoying the USCIS break)

23 Apr 2016: Wedding! Finally! :luv:

27 Apr 2016: Electronic NOA1 for all 3 :dancing:
29 Apr 2016: NOA1 Hardcopy for all 3
29 Jul 2016: Online service request for late EAD (Day 104)
29 Jul 2016: EAD/AP Approved ~3 hours after online service request
04 Aug 2016: RFE for Green Card (requested medicals/ vaccination record. They already have it). :ranting:
05 Aug 2016: EAD/AP Combo Card arrived! (Day 111)
08 Aug 2016: Congressional constituent request to get guidance on the RFE. Hoping they see they have the form and approve!

K-1 Visa Timeline:

PLEASE NOTE. This timeline was during the period of time when TSC was working on I-129fs and had a huge backlog. The average processing time was 210+ days. This is in no way predictive of your own timeline if you filed during or after April 2015, unless CSC develops a backlog. A backlog is anything above the 5-month goal time listed on USCIS's site

14 Feb 2015: Mailed I-129f to Dallas Lockbox. (L) (Most expensive Valentine's card I've ever sent!)

17 Feb 2015: NOA1 "Received Date"
19 Feb 2015: NOA1 Notice Date
08 Aug 2015: NOA2 email! :luv: (173 days from NOA1)

17 Aug 2015: Sent to NVC

?? Aug 2015: Arrived at NVC

25 Aug 2015: NVC Case # Assigned

31 Aug 2015: Left NVC for Consulate in San Jose

09 Sep 2015: Consulate received :dancing: (32 days from NOA2)

11 Sep 2015: Packet 3 emailed from embassy to me, the petitioner (34 days from NOA2).

18 Sep 2015: Medicals complete

21 Sep 2015: Packet 3 complete, my boss puts a temporary moratorium on all time off due to work emergency :clock:

02 Oct 2015: Work emergency clears up, interview scheduled (soonest available was 5 business days away--Columbus Day was in there)

13 Oct 2015: Interview

13 Oct 2015: VISA APPROVED :thumbs: (236 days from NOA1)

19 Oct 2015: Visa-in-hand

24 Oct 2015: POE !

15 Dec 2015: Fiance's mother's B-2 visa interview: APPROVED! So happy she will be at the wedding! :thumbs:

!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

For a poster to say her relationship fail because she Filipina and had her case expedited is wrong. that other couples are more deserving is wrong. Does waiting longer for the visa makes a couple more deserving of one ?

I dont think being expedited has anything to do with the failed relationship, I think what the poster is saying that because they are expedited it pushes others behind and then when it dosent work out they may have wasted time for others to have been approved faster. Most people have very good intentions when they enter this process its just sad that non phillipine applicants have to wait. so when you see something like that it can strike a nerve.

People who live in glass houses.... :rolleyes:

When you make that statement you do realize your also throwing stones???? :oops: But your right I am, and I am sure a lot of people where thinking that same thing.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

If you plan to petition her for K1 visa, she will have to go back home ASAP (in case she is not banned already for overstaying). In case you do follow the K1 path (or any) be prepare to answer some questions during the process.

Keep in mind that she was in a K1 visa not long ago with someone else, and shortly she will be in another one with another guy (you). That will put some red flags in your case. Make sure to know her VERY well before you proceed. Sometimes it's better to have a distance before you proceed, you see if what you have survives the distance test.

All the best for you no matter what path you take. :thumbs:

Filed: Timeline

She need not go all the way back to the Philippines; she simply has to leave the U.S.

If she could find a way to relocate to Canada or Mexico, for example, it would be more convenient for you.

She needs to leave the US. Then she would only need to reenter the US lawfully. There are several ways to do this, a new fiancée visa with you as the petitioner, or you get married outside the country and you petition for her as your wife, for example. Many other paths as well.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Bottom Line: she has to leave the US

and like I said, be very careful as she is already treading on risky ground.. I don't know if they'll contact the other guy if you file a new petition, but just pray they do not and he is not vindictive and makes it out to be fraud

a lifetime ban lasts how long?

yup.

January 21, 2020 = My wife is finally a US CITIZEN!! Thank you Jesus! Our long journey is finally over!!

December 18, 2019 = Naturalization Oath Letter Received! THANK YOU JESUS!! The journey is long, but in the end.. it's all worth it

December 17, 2019 = Naturalization Oath Scheduled! i751 Removal of Conditions on Green Card Approved!

December 16, 2019 = "do over" for n400 interview.. was sent to the Adjudicator room.. after a very long wait since it was crowded.. PASSED!

October 8, 2019 = n400 Interview, did not pass. did not fail. what?! yup. was scheduled for a "do over"

May 21, 2019 = Green Card ROC Application transferred to local office for interview

February 21, 2019 = N400 Biometrics Appointment

February 01, 2019 = N400 NOA1 received. Biometric Appointment Scheduled

January 30, 2019 = Files N400 US Citizenship Application (while green card roc is pending)

March 20, 2018 = Biometrics Appt  (i797-C, Notice of Action .. noa1?)

January 30, 2018 = Received I-757 NOA for i-751 petition

January 26, 2018 = Mailed I-751 Removal of Conditions to Vermont Service Center

March 30, 2016 = AOS Approved on the same day!!! YES THANK YOU JESUS!!

March 30, 2016 = Adjustment of Status interview..

December 3, 2015 = Employment Auth & Travel Permit Approved

September 24, 2015 = Filed for Adjustment of Status, Employment Auth, Travel Permit

August 27, 2015 = Married !!!!!!!

July 16, 2015 = CEAC status ISSUED!!! :) OH YES BABY!!! Flight Book to NYC on August 8!!!

July 2, 2015 = Returned to Embassy for fingerprints and brought Passport and 221G documents -- PASSED!!

June 21, 2015 = K-1 Interview .. issued a 221G and was told to come back to do fingerprints

June 16, 2015 = Interview Date from Riyadh Embassy!!! :D Received Packet 4

March 22, 2015 = Readyness Documents Delivered!! yay!

March 18, 2015 = Readyness Documents mailed to Riyadh Embassy.

March 17, 2015 = Visa MRV Fee Shows up on ustraveldocs.com/sa/ (Last step for the K-1 Packet!!)

March 14, 2015 = Visa MRV Fee Paid (1,0007 sar)

March 05, 2015 = K-1 Required Documents (Affidavit of Support, etc) received by fiancee in Riyadh!!! (that quick?! WOW!)

March 02, 2015 = Mailed K-1 Required Documents (Affidavit of Support, etc) to Riyadh via FedEx

February 20, 2015 = NVC Approval Letter Received! (lol a week after Riyadh Embassy contacted us)

= Riyadh Embassy EMAILS the "Packet 3" notification :) game on! and yes, they reference your Case #

February 16, 2015 = Case # Received from RIYADH EMBASSY!! Yup! Didn't call NVC or hear anything but damn that FAST!

February 06, 2015 = NVC received I-129F package (called them, no case # yet)

January 30, 2015 = Hardcopy of NOA2 received

January 30, 2015 = USCIS Status Change! Application Mailed to Visa Center. (so it took a week for TSC to mail it to NVC)

January 23, 2015 = NOA 2 Case Approval by USCIS Website and Email!!!!!

December 24, 2014 = Hardcopy NOA1 received

December 22, 2014 = NOA 1 Receipt TSC (NO!! not the hellhole that is TSC) :(

December 18, 2014 = I-129F submitted

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

Rob Corvette, on 27 Feb 2015 - 02:25 AM, said:snapback.png

so that I would not have to fly to the Philippines again like last time?

Last time?

OP has a history... http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/519703-married-in-philippines-divorced-in-usa-now-want-to-get-k-1/

How do you know he treated her bad, because thats what she said? How about she is just trying to do what a lot do and that is to get a green card, how do you know she didnt use the first guy just to get here and now she is hooking up with this guy cause the first guy found out about her plans and cut her off? This happened to my brother, and by the time he got her here on the K1 she had already found some one with a little more money so when she got here she told him she changed her mind and that she met someone else. Then should tried to pull that VAWA mess on him so she could stay.

You are right I do not know. However I also do not know is someone that has waited longer then her for a visa is more deserving of the visa. Does waiting longer for a visa makes it more deserving then another. If her intentions was just to get a visa. and the other guy found out ,the outcome would of still been the same regardless if the visa would of been approved in 6 months or two years. Taking longer to get a visa does not always mean a couple knows each other better and make them more deserving of a visa.

ROC

Yes he does, and it sounds like the guy is not taking time to get to know a girl. and is just wanting to be with the first girl he meet or in other words desperate.. That does not mean that the Filipina he met now is like that

ROC

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

More than a dozen posts have been removed because of off-topic, bickering, or assaultive comments. Rather than thread-bans or suspensions of one or more of the chief offenders, this thread will be locked to further comments. The OP received correct information in the first few posts, and the thread is otherwise off the rails.

TBoneTX

VJ Moderation

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.