vatten

Do you like American food and water?

99 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline

Wow, I thought this was an off topic discussion and that it would be a friendly environment to pop into. However, I have been sat here reading comments and thinking come on guys, let's just be nice to each other. After all this is a discussion about food and water, not about politics or religion, nor is it about who was top of the class for geography or chemistry!! SMH. :no:

Yeah man.....that ###### guy Darnell, he's terrible.....

#@&X#*$......

#@&X#*$......

Ha ha ha someone with a sense of humour/humor! Love it! :)

Removal of Conditions..  TICK TOCK, TICK TOCK

Time to reset the tick tock clock again.   Roll my eyes.

GC  Conditional date:  05/26/2015

N400.  Application:      02/28/2018       

Biometrics:                    02/22/2018

Waiting............    Roll my eyes again :(

USA citizen as of 25th of July 2018. :)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

American water is perfectly safe. I sell analytical equipment to environmental testing labs and I know the specifications they have to work to. That having been said, some places have more or less minerals in their water than others (that white powder you see after boiling your water is a mixture of calcium carbonate and sodium bicarbonate). If you find it unpalatable or otherwise troublesome, a water softener might be a good idea. I also don't know where everyone is drinking this hormone filled milk; even the cheap grocery store milk near me comes from hormone free cows. As for fluoridation, it's one of the major public health achievements of the 20th century.

07/14/2012: Eloped in Texas Hill Country
08/11/2012: Mailed I-130, I-485, and I-765 to Chicago Lockbox
08/13/2012: Package received by Chicago Lockbox
08/14/2012: Priority Date
08/17/2012: Notice of receipt sent
08/21/2012: Biometrics appointment notice sent
08/27/2012: Walk-in biometrics completed
09/19/2012: Interview scheduled for October 26
10/24/2012: EAD production ordered
10/26/2012: Interview in San Antonio. AOS approved!
11/5/2012: USCIS claims green card delivered, nothing in mailbox.
12/5/2012: Service request filed for non-delivered green card.
12/7/2012: Service request replied to (but not delivered).
1/4/2013: Filed I-90, paid another $450
1/24/2013: Biometrics again...
4/1/2013: First Green Card from November finally arrived...

4/22/2013: Replacement Green Card arrived.

8/9/2014: Filed I-751

8/14/2014: Received NOA for I-751

3/12/2015: ROC Approved!

7/18/2016: Sent in N-400 to Texas lockbox

7/21/2016: N-400 delivered

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

#@&X#*$......

am not!

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

When I need water in the US I have to shout for "WADAH" when I am used to asking for "Wah-tur" in South Africa. No-one understands what I am saying. :)

Most of the food is really fattening and no good. Luckily my spouse and I enjoy cooking from fresh ingredients. Only expensive restaurants in the US have what I would call really good food.

Edited by ZA_35

I don't like processed food or some restaurants food because it is litterally soaking in oil/grease.

Unfortunately I live with my in laws and the mother has never learned to cook properly. She uses a ton of pre made mixes, so in the end, a lot of the flavours are artificial. When I insist on cooking (from scratch and with healthy ingredients) she tells me I shouldn't (treats me like a guest but I'm here to stay with the family for a few months). So now I have my car and go and buy my own food, when she comes back from work, it's ready for everyone to enjoy, but she feels guilty for not preparing the food herself.

I'm not going to eat ####### just to please her...

Oh my word! Are you going to move away from your monster in law soon? I hope so :)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

I don't like processed food or some restaurants food because it is litterally soaking in oil/grease.

Unfortunately I live with my in laws and the mother has never learned to cook properly. She uses a ton of pre made mixes, so in the end, a lot of the flavours are artificial. When I insist on cooking (from scratch and with healthy ingredients) she tells me I shouldn't (treats me like a guest but I'm here to stay with the family for a few months). So now I have my car and go and buy my own food, when she comes back from work, it's ready for everyone to enjoy, but she feels guilty for not preparing the food herself.

I'm not going to eat ####### just to please her...

When my father-in-law cooks it's soaking in oil, but apparently that's just what they do in China (he goes through about 2.5 gallons of cooking oil per month).

07/14/2012: Eloped in Texas Hill Country
08/11/2012: Mailed I-130, I-485, and I-765 to Chicago Lockbox
08/13/2012: Package received by Chicago Lockbox
08/14/2012: Priority Date
08/17/2012: Notice of receipt sent
08/21/2012: Biometrics appointment notice sent
08/27/2012: Walk-in biometrics completed
09/19/2012: Interview scheduled for October 26
10/24/2012: EAD production ordered
10/26/2012: Interview in San Antonio. AOS approved!
11/5/2012: USCIS claims green card delivered, nothing in mailbox.
12/5/2012: Service request filed for non-delivered green card.
12/7/2012: Service request replied to (but not delivered).
1/4/2013: Filed I-90, paid another $450
1/24/2013: Biometrics again...
4/1/2013: First Green Card from November finally arrived...

4/22/2013: Replacement Green Card arrived.

8/9/2014: Filed I-751

8/14/2014: Received NOA for I-751

3/12/2015: ROC Approved!

7/18/2016: Sent in N-400 to Texas lockbox

7/21/2016: N-400 delivered

It's soooooo easy to make things from scratch. Pasta is just flour and water. Yes you need a pasta roller but it's fun.

Bread is easy to make too if you have one of those bread machines.

I love vegetable stir-fry, also SO EASY to make from freshly sliced vegetables.

People are scared to cook their own food from scratch so they buy frozen rubbish filled with horrible chemicals.

If you like food a certain way, it's fine to state that. What is not okay is the constant bashing. Please stop. I'm not even American and I find it offensive.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

If you like food a certain way, it's fine to state that. What is not okay is the constant bashing. Please stop. I'm not even American and I find it offensive.

Was I "bashing"? Sometimes the truth hurts. Americans, on average, do not eat heathy food. It's not bashing to state the obvious.

Bashing is what is happening in the entire thread, not just your posts, yes. You're sterotyping an entire country. When that happens to a race, it's called racism.

You chose to move here, as I did. No one forced us. Life your life the way you choose. Do what you want, I'm out. Enjoy yer day.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Bashing is what is happening in the entire thread, not just your posts, yes. You're sterotyping an entire country. When that happens to a race, it's called racism.

You chose to move here, as I did. No one forced us. Life your life the way you choose. Do what you want, I'm out. Enjoy yer day.

OP's question was "Do you like American food?", not "Do you love your Spouse?" or "Do you like Americans?".

I gave my honest opinion, do with that what YOU like. I'm out too, Enjoy your day.

Edited by ZA_35

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.