tineycj

From interview to issuance of visa

18 posts in this topic

There are many, many, many (did I mention many?) threads on this forum asking the exact same question. The answer is always the same. It varies.

My fiancee's interview was Feb 12th. There was no status change until February 25th where the status changed from Ready to Administrative Processing (8 business days). I am hoping it gets issued by the end of next week, but it may not... Patience is the key at this stage.

There are many, many, many (did I mention many?) threads on this forum asking the exact same question. The answer is always the same. It varies.

My fiancee's interview was Feb 12th. There was no status change until February 25th where the status changed from Ready to Administrative Processing (8 business days). I am hoping it gets issued by the end of next week, but it may not... Patience is the key at this stage.

Oww okay. I thought there is an average timeline for that. Thanks and God bless :)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from IR-1/CR-1 Progress Reports to Philippines regional forum; topic is country specific.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi All. I was wondering if how long will it take from the interview date at Manila US Embassy to receiving the visa packet? Thanks!

Well, you can always check people's timeline to get a "general" idea of how long it took other people. But as what other said, and other will chime in...each is a unique case and the timeline will vary.

And for my case, it took 8 days after interview for my CEAC status to changed into ISSUED and the visa packet was delivered after 2 days. Plus if you ask the CO and releasing folks, they will tell you that 2 weeks is the ballpark IF all your papers are okay. Goodluck!

Well, you can always check people's timeline to get a "general" idea of how long it took other people. But as what other said, and other will chime in...each is a unique case and the timeline will vary.

And for my case, it took 8 days after interview for my CEAC status to changed into ISSUED and the visa packet was delivered after 2 days. Plus if you ask the CO and releasing folks, they will tell you that 2 weeks is the ballpark IF all your papers are okay. Goodluck!

Thanks! I just had my interview this morning and got approved. When I checked the ceac after, it says ISSUED. Does that mean I can expect it to be delivered this week? Thanks! :)

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks! I just had my interview this morning and got approved. When I checked the ceac after, it says ISSUED. Does that mean I can expect it to be delivered this week? Thanks! :)

My parents visa were ready for pick-up on the 4th business day after the "Issued" date which is also their Interview date.

If you have yours delivered, it will be within 7-10 business days. Most got theirs sooner though.

Edited by J_d_Petitioner

:idea:PERSONAL IR-5 GUIDE :idea:WIKI - NVC Process

IR-5 For Both Parents
2014-04-10 │ mailed Petition to Phoenix Lockbox via USPS
2014-04-14NOA1 Date
2014-05-09 │ Approved (19 Business Days)
2014-05-09 │ Case Sent to NVC
2014-06-20 │ Received Case # & IIN via Phonecall

2014-06-30 │ DS261 available

2014-07-01 │ AOS Bill recevied and pai

2014-07-07 │ AOS package delivered

2014-08-14 │ DS260 Bill and paid

2014-08-18 │ Civil Documents delivered

2014-08-26 │ AOS checklist received

2014-08-28 │ AOS checklist delivered

2014-10-15 │ CASE COMPLETE

2014-11-10 │ Forwarded to Embassy

2014-11-13 │ Received by Embassy

2014-11-18 │ Medical Exam-Sputum Required

2015-02-18 │ INTERVIEW - Passed (Issued)

2015-02-24 │ Visa in Hand

2015-02-27 │ POE - Dallas

My parents visa were ready for pick-up on the 4th business day after the "Issued" date which is also their Interview date.

If you have yours delivered, it will be within 7-10 business days. Most got theirs sooner though.

Thank you! I am just estimating the time when will I receive it since my husband wants to get a ticket already. He's so excited. Thanks again :)

Timeline

Congrats! That was fast :). But technically, ISSUED means visa is being printed and ready to be pickup by 2GO for delivery. You can check the status of your passport via ustraveldocs.---> http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/ph-niv-passportretrieve.asp

And for the delivery time, I would say it depends on where you live. I am around the BGC area and 2GO have delivered my passport twice in my location (UStourist visa and canadian visa) so I was pretty confident they will find their way in my house ASAP once my visa was ready for delivery.

Timeline

Thank you! I am just estimating the time when will I receive it since my husband wants to get a ticket already. He's so excited. Thanks again :)

It should take 5-10 business days, but there's no way to know for sure and it could be longer. It won't be this week. Do you have your CFO certificate?

Recently friends of ours had problems with their visa not being spelled correctly upon delivery, so that's a delay.

Best to have visa in hand, make sure everything is in order and then shop for your best flight. Getting too ambitious now can cause a problem.

Congrats!!

Edited by luckytwo15

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline

It all really varies. But from my experience, I was interviewed February 2 and I got my visa packet (for pick-up) on February 9. :) I live in the province, by the way.

It all really varies. But from my experience, I was interviewed February 2 and I got my visa packet (for pick-up) on February 9. :) I live in the province, by the way.

Congrats! That was fast :). But technically, ISSUED means visa is being printed and ready to be pickup by 2GO for delivery. You can check the status of your passport via ustraveldocs.---> http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/ph-niv-passportretrieve.asp

And for the delivery time, I would say it depends on where you live. I am around the BGC area and 2GO have delivered my passport twice in my location (UStourist visa and canadian visa) so I was pretty confident they will find their way in my house ASAP once my visa was ready for delivery.

Thank you! :)

It should take 5-10 business days, but there's no way to know for sure and it could be longer. It won't be this week. Do you have your CFO certificate?

Recently friends of ours had problems with their visa not being spelled correctly upon delivery, so that's a delay.

Best to have visa in hand, make sure everything is in order and then shop for your best flight. Getting too ambitious now can cause a problem.

Congrats!!

Hopefully there'll be no errors with my name. I still didn't have my cfo seminar done. Planning to do it when I already have my visa. Thank you :)

So that's 7 days for you. Hopefully mine will be delivered soon. Thank you :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.