NewKid

Courthouse Wedding... California

19 posts in this topic

Hi there. Well, to be honest I am not 100% sure which county we will fall into, she is in Long Beach, that still LA county? Thank you A LOT for the link and the fees, that makes planning soooooo much easier. We both tend to be one of those couples that like planning things to a T. maybe I am more of the OCD type that loves planning haha. Thank you for the further information regarding the RR/CC. Will go do some reading on the website you listed. Thank you again. have a wonderful weekend!

All the best

Are you in LA County? I saw Los Angeles in your profile. You'll need to go to one of the LA County Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk offices for a license. I've been to the ones at the Beverly Hills Courthouse, in Van Nuys and at the LAX Courthouse, but there are other locations. Licenses cost $91. You can apply online or in person and pick up on the same day (both of you need to be there). Bear in mind you can't get married at any courthouse, only those that have an RR/CC office (and you can get married at most but not all RR/CC offices). Sounds complicated but it's not. The RR/CC has a great and really useful website on this: https://www.lavote.net/home/county-clerk/marriage-licenses-ceremonies

Of course if you're not in LA, feel free to ignore me. :P

Thank you for your reply! thank you for the Welcome as well! We both have those Luckily! haha. thank you for bringing it up :-)

Hello NewKid and welcome to the forum, one tiny thing you may wish to get sorted for this is just to check if your Fiancee has a new style birth certificate 'certified' with both parents names on it. It would be annoying to have to go off and get that at the time when you have months to send off for a new one now :)

applied for N400 whilst I751 was pending, however I751 was approved without an interview on Jan 10th /11th

N-400 applied Online: 11/7/18

BIO for N400 : 11/30/18

EST. Case Completion: October 2019) of 7/15/19 

INTERVIEW: 10/7/2019- APPROVED

OATH DATE: 10/24/2019-  received oath letter in the mail on 10/11 

LOCAL OFFICE: BOSTON ( moved from California (SANTA ANA, CA) )

Hi there! Thank you for the tip, I did luckily recieve a link in a previous post regarding the website, will be going through that in due course. :-) As for the process, it seems painless enough :-) I am glad to hear that you went throught the same process and it turned out easy enough. Calms my nerves a bit that you went through the same process :-) I know what to expect then.

All the best and have a lovely weekend.

Check directly with the county where you want to get married -- find their web site and email, or call directly and ask about their specifics. One thing I've learned about California is that there is nothing the same from one county to the next.

I arrived in California on Saturday, we went to the court house on Monday and got the license, and got married Tuesday morning. Easy peasy for us. :)

Good luck to you!

applied for N400 whilst I751 was pending, however I751 was approved without an interview on Jan 10th /11th

N-400 applied Online: 11/7/18

BIO for N400 : 11/30/18

EST. Case Completion: October 2019) of 7/15/19 

INTERVIEW: 10/7/2019- APPROVED

OATH DATE: 10/24/2019-  received oath letter in the mail on 10/11 

LOCAL OFFICE: BOSTON ( moved from California (SANTA ANA, CA) )

Hi there. Well, to be honest I am not 100% sure which county we will fall into, she is in Long Beach, that still LA county? Thank you A LOT for the link and the fees, that makes planning soooooo much easier. We both tend to be one of those couples that like planning things to a T. maybe I am more of the OCD type that loves planning haha. Thank you for the further information regarding the RR/CC. Will go do some reading on the website you listed. Thank you again. have a wonderful weekend!

All the best

Thank you for your reply! thank you for the Welcome as well! We both have those Luckily! haha. thank you for bringing it up :-)

Yep, Long Beach is LA County. The LAX Courthouse is probably most convenient, but the Beverly Hills location is much nicer! Heads up about the LAX Courthouse -- if you go there, bring lots of quarters for the parking meters which make up the bulk of the onsite parking. Amazingly, the meters don't take cards, unlike every other meter in LA... (Learned this the hard way...)

Congratulations on the upcoming wedding!

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Go to Las Vegas Nevada, Marriage capital of the USA.

Courthouse never closes and is open from 8 am till 12pm and marriage license is $60 and you can get married same day.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.