LibCampFireClub

Obama, Obama did you see Christian Blood in the Sea?

118 posts in this topic

In my experience people who describe themselves as atheist, as opposed to being atheist simply by virtue of being non religious, view religious beliefs and those who have them as primitive.

How does that equate to a terrorist or frothing Evangelist that you stated above?

Because assumptions are made about religious people on the basis of extreme examples

You're right back to this statement:

It depends what we're talking about. I have no issue with anyone who follows a religious belief. As with everything, if it adds meaning to someone's life and they aren't brutalising anyone because of what they believe I don't think anyone has the right to write them off for it.

Many non religious people are jaded on the issue because they associate being religious with being a terrorist or some frothing evangelist. Its arrogant to tar everyone who believes with that brush. Imo.

As I said, I've never known anyone who believes this.

It's a word that describes someone who was murdered for their beliefs. That is precisely what happened. 21 Coptic Christian men were kidnapped and had their heads cut off on video. This happened not as a random event, it happened because they were Christian.

Obviously you don't like Christians, and that's cool. You're in good company with the libs.

i know what the word means, thanks.

obviously, i love plenty of people who are christian. also, i fully support anyone's right to be christian if they choose. poor judgement skills on your part.

plenty of liberal christians - in case you're unaware.

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

But in the true sense of the word, why would anyone describe themselves as atheists? You can't define yourself by something that doesn't exist. Having said that it's true that some 'atheists' view monotheists in the same manner these view polytheists.

In the end it really depends on how many imaginary deities one believes. In that sense the count really begins at 1. There are monotheists and polytheists. Atheists, by exclusion would be the group that doesn't subscribe to any particular mythology, and as such need no monicker. Come think of it, the term atheist must have been invented by monotheists to describe those who believe in one less deity than they do.

In my experience people who describe themselves as atheist, as opposed to being atheist simply by virtue of being non religious, view religious beliefs and those who have them as primitive.

Edited by JohnR!

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

I don't know what anyone believes only what they say they do.

Have you ever known anyone who equates a simple believer to a terrorist or frothing evangelist?

Filed: Other Timeline

i know what the word means, thanks.

obviously, i love plenty of people who are christian. also, i fully support anyone's right to be christian if they choose. poor judgement skills on your part.

plenty of liberal christians - in case you're unaware.

I don't understand your objection to the use of the word martyr in the case of these men. The word has no other meaning other than someone who is killed because of their religion. I also know a lot of Christians, and life is very different for them in today's America than it was just a few years ago as they are openly taunted and ridiculed.

Edited by ExExpat

I don't understand your objection to the use of the word martyr in the case of these men. The word has no other meaning other than someone who is killed because of their religion. I also know a lot of Christians, and life is very different for them in today's America than it was just a few years ago as they are openly taunted and ridiculed.

wow, what a ridiculous exaggeration. how much cbn have you been watching?

wow, what a ridiculous exaggeration. how much cbn have you been watching?

It adds up now val. You fully support 0bama's calling the beheadings of 21 men: Egyptian Citizens. That "C" word muddles up the entire agenda now, doesn't it.

:rofl: :rofl:

Your Mother was a hamster and your Father smelled of Elderberry!

It adds up now val. You fully support 0bama's calling the beheadings of 21 men: Egyptian Citizens. That "C" word muddles up the entire agenda now, doesn't it.

what agenda? obama's switched his mastermind gears from a race war to religious war? lol.

back in the nineties my church was talking about how christians have to suffer relentless mockery. it was laughable then and it's laughable now.

what agenda? obama's switched his mastermind gears from a race war to religious war? lol.

back in the nineties my church was talking about how christians have to suffer relentless mockery. it was laughable then and it's laughable now.

Christians, religion, martyrs. Yeah, it sounds so icky, doesn't it. Citizens sounds much better

Christians, religion, martyrs. Yeah, it sounds so icky, doesn't it. Citizens sounds much better

i don't give a poo if obama calls them christians or citizens. but if obama would have referred to them as martyrs, i would take issue.

i don't give a poo if obama calls them christians or citizens. but if obama would have referred to them as martyrs, i would take issue.

What is the value of one of your poos? Is it more or less than two poos? We know 0bodingbat has provided a lot of poo lately.

And you're right again. Had he called them martyrs, then he would have acknowledged they were Christian. Can't do that. It would be poo.

Edited by ExExpat