I AM NOT THAT GUY

Saudi court gives death penalty to man who renounced his Muslim faith

108 posts in this topic

Which is something that baffles me to this day. We've had 40-year's notice on the current oil crisis and did nothing to prevent it.

I've had this discussion many times over the years. Shame on us for not making it a priority. Thank's Obama. It was his fault in 1973.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

You need to add that in the country where this man lives, his act is considered a crime, punishable by death.

Do I find it despicable that someone should die for renouncing a religion or tearing up a book? I do but that's my western upbringing, even when I am reminded that other religions did the same thing. I am sure the Saudis also find it despicable many of the things we do in our society and that they see our hypocrisy when we police the world with cries of of human rights and freedom, and spend billions of dollars waging wars, all the while millions of Americans live in poverty. I find it despicable the treatment of women in certain countries in the ME, as I am sure they find it despicable that we allow our women to prostitute themselves in the streets of our shiny cities.

Really, there is not a single country in the world with any moral high ground to cast stones at the Saudis. They have their laws, we have ours.

It's a claim, maybe true. Or maybe not. And we can also ignore the fact that tens of thousands of Jews were helped by Christians purely for humanitarian reasons, no religion involved. But it really doesn't change the discussion here. The Vatican didn't help the Nazi's kill Jews in the name of Christianity. Hitler didn't kill Jews because of their religion and he didn't kill them because of his religion.

This thread started out about a man who renounced his religion and will be executed for it by his government that supports the religion he renounced.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Timeline

It's always been Obama's fault. All the time - it was Obama behind the curtain!

1468658_289092627906183_891730735_n.png?

I've had this discussion many times over the years. Shame on us for not making it a priority. Thank's Obama. It was his fault in 1973.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Filed: Timeline

It's always been Obama's fault. All the time - it was Obama behind the curtain!

1468658_289092627906183_891730735_n.png?

The Jackass Party started with the wholesale slaughter and dispossession of civilized Native Americans in full contempt of a Supreme Court ruling. I am sure you do not want to claim that as your heritage.

It's not. The end result it the same.

I consider it egregious that someone should be put to death for renouncing one's faith. For a Saudi it must also be egregious that women should be allowed to go out and put themselves in a situation where they can engage with men other than their husbands.

Ladies and Gentleman the death penalty for renouncing your faith and killing someone in cold blood are the same thing, so says John R!

If there was any doubt, that statement removed it

Timeline

My heritage can take that and then some. Don't be jealous.

The Jackass Party started with the wholesale slaughter and dispossession of civilized Native Americans in full contempt of a Supreme Court ruling. I am sure you do not want to claim that as your heritage.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

What religion does the Saudi government follow?

I posted above about form of religion Saudi practices.

Oct 19, 2010 I-130 application submitted to US Embassy Seoul, South Korea

Oct 22, 2010 I-130 application approved

Oct 22, 2010 packet 3 received via email

Nov 15, 2010 DS-230 part 1 faxed to US Embassy Seoul

Nov 15, 2010 Appointment for visa interview made on-line

Nov 16, 2010 Confirmation of appointment received via email

Dec 13, 2010 Interview date

Dec 15, 2010 CR-1 received via courier

Mar 29, 2011 POE Detroit Michigan

Feb 15, 2012 Change of address via telephone

Jan 10, 2013 I-751 packet mailed to Vermont Service CenterJan 15, 2013 NOA1

Jan 31, 2013 Biometrics appointment letter received

Feb 20, 2013 Biometric appointment date

June 14, 2013 RFE

June 24, 2013 Responded to RFE

July 24, 2013 Removal of conditions approved

You need to add that in the country where this man lives, his act is considered a crime, punishable by death.

Do I find it despicable that someone should die for renouncing a religion or tearing up a book? I do but that's my western upbringing, even when I am reminded that other religions did the same thing. I am sure the Saudis also find it despicable many of the things we do in our society and that they see our hypocrisy when we police the world with cries of of human rights and freedom, and spend billions of dollars waging wars, all the while millions of Americans live in poverty. I find it despicable the treatment of women in certain countries in the ME, as I am sure they find it despicable that we allow our women to prostitute themselves in the streets of our shiny cities.

Really, there is not a single country in the world with any moral high ground to cast stones at the Saudis. They have their laws, we have ours.

Key word. This is the 21st century. Pakistan and a few other countries do the same thing in the name of religion. Their laws are based on religion, an eye for an eye. That's not peaceful in my book. Of course I know that there are millions of people who practice Islam that don't condone this either. But it is a big issue in the world where ISIS is concerned.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Timeline

Be as it may, Saudi Arabia is a sovereign country with its own laws. ISIS is not.

Back to topic... Saudi laws are what they are, some of which as objectionable to us as I am sure of ours are to them.

Key word. This is the 21st century. Pakistan and a few other countries do the same thing in the name of religion. Their laws are based on religion, an eye for an eye. That's not peaceful in my book. Of course I know that there are millions of people who practice Islam that don't condone this either. But it is a big issue in the world where ISIS is concerned.

Edited by JohnR!

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Question is, which ones are these "good" Muslim nation?. It seems every time we get to liking somebody, they are not around for very long. I mean, Iran under the Shah, we were best of buddies. King of Jordan looks baddass now, but his country is a powder keg waiting to explode. He married a Palestinian for two reasons: 1) She is hot! 2) the Palestinians like her and she gives them a voice.

Edited by I AM NOT THAT GUY

Timeline

It depends. What criteria must a nation meet to be considered good?

Question is, which ones are these "good" Muslim nation?. It seems every time we get to liking somebody, they are not around for very long. I mean, Iran under the Shah, we were best of buddies. King of Jordan looks baddass now, but his country is a powder keg waiting to explode. He married a Palestinian for two reasons: 1) She is hot! 2) the Palestinians like her and she gives them a voice.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

It depends. What criteria must a nation meet to be considered good?

No mention of the Great Satan in reference to the United States would work for me. Some other folks might include something about equal treatment for women, Jews, and Christians, but hey, your country, your rules.

Timeline

That rules out almost every nation on Earth, except perhaps CABA countries. :rofl:

No mention of the Great Satan in reference to the United States would work for me. Some other folks might include something about equal treatment for women, Jews, and Christians, but hey, your country, your rules.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

They are also Millions that practice Islam that do condone it

Be as it may, Saudi Arabia is a sovereign country with its own laws. ISIS is not.

Back to topic... Saudi laws are what they are, some of which as objectionable to us as I am sure of ours are to them.

I don't get the defense of Saudi and other radical nations. A few of you speak up and defend their ways and fight tooth and nail against the Second Amendment of our Constitution. I don't mean that as a dig or insult, it just seems so strange to me.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015