I AM NOT THAT GUY

Saudi court gives death penalty to man who renounced his Muslim faith

108 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Saudi has followed an eye for an eye as long as I can remember. I don't recall any incidents of them kidnapping tourists, etc and killing them for no reason. North Korea has a brutal regime and the world does nothing either.

They are most definitely linked to 9/11. However, sure - you're right - noone dies anything about North Korea.

Similarly noone did anything when Pol Pot killed a million people.

Why?

Edited by For Ffolkes Sake

Renouncing their own religion? I think you are right there. However in the cases I suggested, the divisions were drawn along apparent religious lines.

That I don't doubt. But now I have a guy trying to convince me that the Vatican was responsible for the Holocaust. I don't recall Hitler exterminating Jews because of his or their religious beliefs.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Why do you need a specific case of putting a person to death for renouncing a religion? Isn't killing someone for being of a different religion not as bad?

If you kill a person for renouncing a religion, it's not so bad when first world countries participate in killing non-believers?

Killing anyone for their religious beliefs or lack there of is wrong as far as I'm concerned.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Filed: Other Timeline
Barack had a point about the high horse Christians.

The Bloody History of Papal Rome - A Timeline
In 1940, French statesman Baron DePonnat stated “Roman Catholicism was born in blood, has wallowed in blood, and has quenched its thirst in blood, and it is in letters of blood that its true history is written.” Indeed, the history of papal Rome has been one of brutal torture, slaughter, and mass murder. The below list provides a sampling of papal Rome’s bloody history.
1096 Roman Catholic crusaders slaughter half the Jews in Worms, Germany.
1098 Roman Catholic crusaders slaughter almost all of the inhabitants of the city of Antioch.
1099 Roman Catholic crusaders massacre 70,000 Muslims and Jews when they capture Jerusalem.
1208 – 1226 The Albigensian Crusades in southern France. Roman Catholic crusaders slaughter approximately 20,000 citizens of Beziers, France on July 22, 1209. Both Albigensian Christians and Catholics were slain. By the time the Roman Catholic armies finished their “crusade,” almost the entire population of southern France (mostly Albigensian Christians) has been exterminated. During the six centuries of papal Inquisition that began in the 13th century, up to 50 million people were killed.
1236 Roman Catholic crusaders slaughter Jews in the Anjou and Poitou regions of western France. The Catholic crusaders trample to death under their horses 3000 Jews who refuse baptism.
1243 Roman Catholic mobs burn alive all the Jews in Berlitz, Germany (near Berlin).
1298 Roman Catholic mobs burn alive all Jews in Rottingen, Germany.
April 26, 1349 Roman Catholic mobs burn to death all Jews in Germersheim, Germany.
1348 – 1349 The Jews are blamed for the bubonic plague. Author Dave Hunt tells us, “Accused of causing the ‘Black Death’ Jews were rounded up [by Roman Catholic mobs] and hanged, burned, and drowned by the thousands in revenge.”
1389 Roman Catholic mobs murder 3000 Jews in Prague when they refuse to be baptized.
1481 – 1483 At the direction of the Roman Catholic inquisitors, authorities burn at the stake at least 2000 people during the first two years of the Spanish Inquisition.
1540 – 1570 Roman Catholic armies butcher at least 900,000 Waldensian Christians of all ages during this 30-year period.
1550 – 1560 Roman Catholic troops slaughter at least 250,000 Dutch Protestants via torture, hanging, and burning during this ten-year period.
1553 – 1558 Roman Catholic Queen Mary I of England (aka “bloody Mary”) attempts to bring England back under the yoke of papal tyranny. During her reign, approximately 200 men and woman are burned to death at the sake. Her victims include bishops, scholars, and other Protestant leaders.
1572 St. Bartholomew’s Day Massacre. French Roman Catholic soldiers begin killing Protestants in Paris on the night of August 24, 1572. The soldiers kill at least 10,000 Protestants during the first three days. At least 8000 more Protestants are killed as the slaughter spreads to the countryside.
1618 – 1648 The Thirty Years’ War. This bloody, religious war is planned, instigated, and orchestrated by the Roman Catholic Jesuit order and its agents in an attempt to exterminate all the Protestants in Europe. Many countries in central Europe lose up to half their population.
1641 – 1649 Eight years of Jesuit-instigated Roman Catholic butchery of Irish Protestants claims the lives of at least 100,000 Protestants.
1685 French Roman Catholic soldiers slaughter approximately 500,000 French Protestant Huguenots on the orders of Roman Catholic King Louis 14 of France.
Circa 1938 – 1945 Catholic dictators such as Adolf Hitler and Monsignor Tiso slaughter approximately six million Jews in Europe prior to and during World War 2.
1941 – 1945 The Roman Catholic Ustashi in the fascist state of Croatia butcher up to one million Serbian Orthodox Christians. Roman Catholic killer squads are often led by Franciscan priests, monks, and friars. This genocide is choreographed by two Jesuit prelates: Aloysius Stepinac and Ivan Saric.

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

That I don't doubt. But now I have a guy trying to convince me that the Vatican was responsible for the Holocaust. I don't recall Hitler exterminating Jews because of his or their religious beliefs.

Ok. Hitler did not kill the Jews for being Jews. He killed them why?

The Vatican apologized for its complicity in WWII for shits and giggles.

No where did I say the Vatican was responsible for the Holocaust. I said they were complicit in the German's atrocities.

Ok. Have it your way. Christians do not kill non-believers.

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Hitler considered the Jews a race. He didn't kill them in the name of Christianity because they practiced a different religion.

It might be my first time getting one, but no doubt you've given many.

And religion had nothing to do with it at all.

And religion had nothing to do with it at all.

Perhaps you're the one who needs to brush up on Hitler and Nazi Germany.

I guess it's kinda like having an army that belongs to you, but the pope and his bishops chose not to accompany them on their conquests.

I was mainly referring to the WWII era. Lots of blood in earlier times.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Just the other week a Saudi historian was on TV saying that women who drive can expect to be raped.

It is an oppressive, brutal country. And the US supports them not because they are nice people but because they have oil.

And why is it people object to ISIS? Strangely nothing to do with oil.

Morally bankrupt.

And because they're stable

Timeline

And because they're stable

That's why the government doesn't object to them, officially at least. Of course Iraq was stable as was Libya. Least said about that the better eh?

But what about the people who want the US to go to war because ISIS beheaded a few people on tv?

Why is one situation a cause for anti Muslim hysteria and a justification for war while the other gets silence?

Edited by For Ffolkes Sake

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

That's why the government doesn't object to them, officially at least. Of course Iraq was stable as was Libya. Least said about that the better eh?

But what about the people who want the US to go to war because ISIS beheaded a few people on tv?

Why is one situation a cause for anti Muslim hysteria and a justification for war while the other gets silence?

It's a human thing. Instability is more frightening.

Timeline

It's a human thing. Instability is more frightening.

Sure. Its because the public are ignorant and easily manipulated by the media. Stability has nothing to do with it. If it did, we wouldn't have got involved in Iraq.