I AM NOT THAT GUY

Saudi court gives death penalty to man who renounced his Muslim faith

108 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

When did Christians kill non believers in Germany during WWII? I recall a much larger genocide, and it had nothing to do with religion.

Jews. Why do you think the good Christians were killing them? Do you realize the the Vatican has apologized for its part in helping Germany exterminate Jews, gypsies, homosexuals, etc?

What were the reasons for Nazi Germany to kill the Jews if not religion? Just answer this one question.

Edited by aaron2020

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

US wants Saudis as allies in Middle East and also their oil supply.

And the Saudis has the nerve to complain about other countries human rights record. :lol:

http://journal-neo.org/2014/06/09/rus-saudovskaya-araviya-v-avangarde-bor-by-za-prava-cheloveka/

The moderate muslims like to preach "There is no compulsion in religion" .

I think the words are only for show. Death awaits those who dare to renounce their religion.

What about the American public? Why does one get all the press and other nothing?

Jews. Why do you think the good Christians were killing them? Do you realize the the Vatican has apologized for its part in helping Germany exterminate Jews, gypsies, homosexuals, etc?

Genocide was not because of religion. No, I didn't realize the Vatican helped with Genocide. Any good link for that? I'm interested.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Filed: Timeline

When did Christians kill non believers in Germany during WWII? I recall a much larger genocide, and it had nothing to do with religion.

Well, actually the Pope at the time refused take the Nazi's to task for the killing of Jews and other "undesirables". I believe some suggested there was an almost tacit support for the actions the Nazi's were taking. For some reason, the Roman See felt the need to apologize decades after the fact..

Timeline

I have never supported Saudi's justice system. But let's not make them quite the equal of ISIS for atrocities.

I'm not saying you do. ISIS' atrocities are more visible in the news but the atrocities in Saudi Arabia have been going on for longer while the US has turned a deliberate blind eye. And that's before any mention of the fact that they bankrolled 9/11.

So why all the call for war in Syria and not in Saudi Arabia. Is it because public opinion is well thought out or because partisan politics and sensationalist headlines get people's blood up?

Kosovo, Bosnia, Ireland, although usually these are more national and tribal things, rather that religious.

I personally haven't read of any incidents of people being put to death for renouncing their religion in those countries. Maybe it just doesn't make the news the way it does when it involves Islam?

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Timeline

If the Saudis start beheading children and burning people alive, I have no doubt they would get negative press.

Should they not get negative press for killing a dude for changing his faith? Should they not get negative press for funding Al Qaeda to attack the USA and Europe?

Filed: Timeline

I personally haven't read of any incidents of people being put to death for renouncing their religion in those countries. Maybe it just doesn't make the news the way it does when it involves Islam?

Renouncing their own religion? I think you are right there. However in the cases I suggested, the divisions were drawn along apparent religious lines.

I'm not saying you do. ISIS' atrocities are more visible in the news but the atrocities in Saudi Arabia have been going on for longer while the US has turned a deliberate blind eye. And that's before any mention of the fact that they bankrolled 9/11.

So why all the call for war in Syria and not in Saudi Arabia. Is it because public opinion is well thought out or because partisan politics and sensationalist headlines get people's blood up?

Saudi has followed an eye for an eye as long as I can remember. I don't recall any incidents of them kidnapping tourists, etc and killing them for no reason. North Korea has a brutal regime and the world does nothing either.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Why do you need a specific case of putting a person to death for renouncing a religion? Isn't killing someone for being of a different religion not as bad?

If you kill a person for renouncing a religion, it's not so bad when first world countries participate in killing non-believers?