Rajaeejehad

No Sponsor for Affidavit of Support, Please need Urgent Help!!!

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Ok so here are the facts:

Do not buy land, this will not aid in your sponsorship or visa at all.

Do not have your wife buy land, this will not aid in your sponsorship or visa at all.

You NEED someone that is a United States citizen to be your sponsor. It does not have to be your relative or her relative. It just needs to be someone who is a US Citizen and makes 125% above the given poverty level. So...the federal poverty guideline for 2015 is $24,250 for a family of four. If she lives in a smaller family, subtract $4,160 per person to see the guidelines. Here is a great link to check out:

http://useconomy.about.com/od/glossary/g/Federal_Poverty_Level.htm

Basically, if the home you are going to be living in will only be you and your wife, then the poverty guideline is for 2 people and that is $15,930 annual income. 125% of $15,930 is $19,912.50. SO, since your wife has never worked in the US, you will NEED someone else to sign for you. Since her father only makes $9,600 annually, he CANNOT be your only sponsor. You can get a joint sponsor. This person must have an annual income that makes uo the difference from what your wife's father makes. Maybe a family friend of hers. Perhaps an aunt or an uncle...maybe a cousin. We arabs have plenty of those! :) When there is a will, there is a way!

I would recommend giving her some of your money to put in her account so that this money can be seen as an asset. Either you can put it in her account or in her father's account since he will be one of the people sponsoring you.

You absolutely 100% CANNOT be your own sponsor. Obviously you have a good job in KSA, but this job will no longer exist when you get here. The US will not grant you a visa if they feel that it is likely that you will become a financial burden to to government. This is why they enforce the immigration sponsorship, to ensure that someone takes financial responsibility for you in the US. That is obviously unlikely to happen if you have the capability to make 6,000 dollars a month in KSA. I feel confident that you will get a good job here but the government doesn't see it that way.

Long story short...you need another sponsor. Your wife is going to have to ask around. They will 100% DENY your Visa if you do not meet the sponsorship requirements.

I know its frustrating but honestly, it is necessary. i brought my husband here from Jordan over a year ago. It was the hardest thing I've ever endured but it was well worth it! Good luck my friend

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.