Rajaeejehad

No Sponsor for Affidavit of Support, Please need Urgent Help!!!

17 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Dear All

i have paid all fees (AOS and IV) and now i have been looking for a sponsor since last week but i am unable to find one.

My wife is the petitioner and she is a student that never worked before. She doesnt even have a Tax file number.

Can i sponsor myself?

What is the amount needed in my bank account?

Can a friend sponsor me or he must be a relative of mine?

Please please i need your support urgently, ,kindly advise.

Thank you.

Filed: Timeline

Dear All

i have paid all fees (AOS and IV) and now i have been looking for a sponsor since last week but i am unable to find one.

My wife is the petitioner and she is a student that never worked before. She doesnt even have a Tax file number.

Can i sponsor myself?

What is the amount needed in my bank account?

Can a friend sponsor me or he must be a relative of mine?

Please please i need your support urgently, ,kindly advise.

Thank you.

Any US citizen or LPR can sponsor you. They don't have to be related. They have to make enough money to support their dependents and you.

Timeline

Thank you PK for your reply.

I am currently working in saudi arabia and making 6000 dollars per week and it is tax free.

if i get an employment certificate with my salary would it be enough?

I have around 40,000 dollar in my account now, how can i use them? can i transfer them to my wife account and get us of it?

Filed: Other Timeline

I just confirm it :

Q: What is the family-sponsored immigration? and who can be a sponsor?

A: Family-sponsored immigration is to become a U.S. permanent resident through certain family relations. Normally, a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident would file an immigration petition with the United States Citizenship and Immigrations Services (USCIS). The U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident is called the sponsor. The alien relative for whom the immigration petition is filed is called the beneficiary.

A U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident can be the sponsor of a family-sponsored immigration petition. However, the sponsor has to meet certain requirements and legal obligations. The sponsor has to submit a legally binding affidavit of support for the beneficiary to USCIS, in which the sponsor guarantees to maintain the standard of living of the intending immigrant at a level not lower than 125% of the national poverty level. This obligation continues until the beneficiary has become a U.S. citizen, or has worked in the United States for 40 qualifying quarters.

Pd 24 july 2014

Case complete 12/08/2015

Interview date ##

Medical app. Date feb. 1st 2016

Visa in hand ???

POE ???

Timeline

Thank you Lera

then there is no way for me to help myself out, this is really sad.

begging someone to file the AOS is very painful to me. as no one is willing to help.

Can my wife buy a car there or piece of land with 60,000 dollar worth, would she be able to sponsor me afterwards?

Sorry I don t know I will ask ... There is poverty guideline this is for Massachusetts but is the same for the 48 states except Hawaii and Alaska ... You need someone who make at least 15 000$/ year

http://www.masslegalhelp.org/housing/poverty-guidelines

Pd 24 july 2014

Case complete 12/08/2015

Interview date ##

Visa in hand ???

POE ???

Timeline

Thank you lera.

Really great support.

her dad is a LPR and he has been working for the past 4 years, he will become a USC in the next couple of months.

his current salary is 800 dollars per month (9600 dollars per year), can he sponsor me and also my wife will buy a land for 60,000 dollars, would this be ok?

I don t think it work like this but i am learning too about this process step by step ... Maybe apple21 can help you

US government just want to make sure someone can afford you until you can start to work. I read some people tried to show everything they could 6 months pay stub, job letter etc try to gather maximum doc between her and her father anyway if it s not enough they ll tell you or she go to see an free immigrant lawyer before to send the papers like this you don loose your time. I always tell my husband to see an immigrant lawyer in Boston there is volunteer that you can go to see.

Good luck to you !

Pd 24 july 2014

Case complete 12/08/2015

Interview date ##

Visa in hand ???

POE ???

So your filing as F2a (spouse of LPR) You say your wife never got a tax id number (Social Security number) she really needs to get one. Part of the aff of support includes her including her tax returns or a statement explaining why she has none. The 864 needs to be filled out by your wife for you even if she has no income. There is a place on it for her to list her social #. It is required. The instructions clearly state it is needed and the form will be rejected with out one. So that is your big STEP ONE>

On her 864 you can include YOUR assets and income. However your current job is not going to count because it will not be continuing once you get to the US- so dont include it- unless you can telecommute and have proof the job will continue.

You can also include assets YOU have. No need to transfer them into her name. Assets are tricky though. They are not calculated at the same rate as job income. First. its up to the discretion of the CO reviewing it. But generally they need to be something that can be converted into cash (or is cash) and can be viewed as something disposable that wont cause hardship to the family. Cash is simple, cash is cash. When you put up something like a house though- then it becomes well how much is the house worth if you own it outright and where will you all live if you need to sell it?

Your assets need to be 5 times the difference between your income and the poverty guidelines. For cash you would need to show proof that the cash is yours. Ex how you accumulated it over time or where it was withdrawn from a retirement acct or whatever.

Honestly, most of the questions youve asked are in the 864 instructions. Some times just looking at the form and not the instructions... well sometimes the instructions are silly, put your name here and sign at the bottom...but for this form the instructions contain a lot of necessary info. Please read through them. You will find most everything you need.

Feel free to post back if you have specific issues or dont understand where to fill it out what you need to or want a double check of what you are doing.

http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-864instr.pdf

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Thank you lera.

Really great support.

her dad is a LPR and he has been working for the past 4 years, he will become a USC in the next couple of months.

his current salary is 800 dollars per month (9600 dollars per year), can he sponsor me and also my wife will buy a land for 60,000 dollars, would this be ok?

how can your wife but land if she isn;t working? No she cannot but land and use it to sponsor you. No, you cannot sponsor yourself because the minute you walk into the US you will no longer be working in KSA. Your wife will always be your main sponsor, you can get a joint sponsor. A joint sponsor can be any US citizen or LPR residing in the US.No $9600 is not enough to be a joint sponsor. Your joint sponsor must make enough for dependents plus you. Here are the guidelines http://aspe.hhs.gov/poverty/15poverty.cfm

Edited by mimolicious

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

Thank you Lera

begging someone to file the AOS is very painful to me. as no one is willing to help.

Can my wife buy a car there or piece of land with 60,000 dollar worth, would she be able to sponsor me afterwards?

"...begging someone to file the AOS is very painful..."

That is because you are only thinking from your perspective.

Why would anyone (except for very close and "kind" family members)

easily agree to sponsor you and risk full financial burden...

for what benefit they would get in return?

I certainly wouldn't sponsor anyone except for very close family members

such as my parents or siblings.

You know the minimum income level to sponsor is really not that much ($21000).

If your fiancee badly wants you in US, can she stop going to school and

start working? After you get here and start working again, then she can resume her studies.

If she works even for the minimum wage of about $7.50 per hour (but varies by state)

she can still make about $15,600/year.

Therefore, between her father's earning, and her potential earning,

the total should qualify them to joint sponsor you.

As for the Tax filing ID...there is no such for individuals.

They use Social Security Card number, which pretty much everyone has in US.

Edited by DualityOneness
10-04-2013 We met online
11-21-2013 We met in person in Shanghai for 2 weeks

12-13-2013 I-129F packet sent via express

12-19-2013 USCIS NOA #1 (text and email) received

12-24-2013 USCIS assigns Alien Registration Number
12-31-2013 USCIS NOA #1 hard copy received
06-02-2014 USCIS web site shows NOA #2 approval
06-06-2014 USCIS web site shows case sent to NVC

06-xx-2014 Fiancee acquired birth, marriage, and police certificates from local police station (wrong)

06-16-2014 NVC creates case with GUZ### number

06-19-2014 NVC sends case sent to Guangzhou, China
06-24-2014 Received packet 3 express mail from embassy
06-25-2014 Completed DS-160 and paid K1 visa fee

06-26-2014 Mailed packet 3 response back to Embassy

06-26-2014 Requested police certificate from Russian embassy

07-08-2014 Received packet 4 email from Embassy

07-17-2014 Picked up Russian police certificate

07-25-2014 Fiancee medical exam (received MMR & Varicella, but they missed required TD shot)

07-31-2014 Picked up medical exam reports

08-01-2014 Request (correct) birth, marriage, and police certificates from Notarial Service (GongZhengChu)

08-06-2014 Picked up birth, marriage, and police certificates from Notarial Service

08-14-2014 Passed Interview Guangzhou embassy

09-01-2014 Received passport, visa, & sealed envelope

09-13-2014 POE

09-17-2014 Went to CBP office to get (US entry) I-94 updated correctly

09-18-2014 Applied for Social Security Card
09-19-2014 Applied for Marriage License (via online)
09-25-2014 Received Social Security Card
09-30-2014 Picked up Marriage License
10-09-2014 Marriage by Justice of Peace
10-09-2014 Got Certified Marriage Certificate Copies
10-17-2014 Received a letter from SS office that they need the marriage license
10-09-2014 Applied to change the social security card name
10-24-2014 Went back to SS office to provide the marriage certificate documents again!!!
12-09-2014 Submitted AOS, EAD, and AP
12-16-2014 Received 16 emails and 16 text NOA messages
01-05-2015 Received Biometrics appointment letter for (01-12-2015)
01-12-2015 Had Biometrics (fingerprint & picture) - Required Marriage Certificate!!!
02-17-2015 EAD and AP is approved
02-23-2015 Received AP is approval letter
02-25-2015 Received EAD/AP combo card (expires 02/16/2016)
02-27-2015 Applied for SS card name change (they took her SS card)
02-27-2015 Driver's learner permit test was denied since the SS card was given to SS office for name change
03-17-2015 Received SS card with married name
03-17-2015 Started to change all her accounts to married name
03-23-2015 Received potential interview waiver letter
03-27-2015 DMV rejects learner's permit due to "legal status=pending" and vision test failure
04-05-2015 Vision test for learner's permit
04-06-2015 DPS sent us letter that DHS cleared my wife's status to acquire driver's license.
04-10-2015 Passed Driver Learner's Permit
04-22-2015 Received Driver Learner's Permit ID card (expires 02/16/2016)
08-27-2015 Green Card approved
08-31-2015 Received Green Card "Welcome Notice Was Mailed" letter
09-05-2015 Received Green card
10-26-2015 Passed Driver's License Road Test (on 3rd attempt)
11-03-2015 Received Driver's License (expires 02/16/2022)
11-06-2015 Applied to remove conditional work remark on SS card
11-23-2015 Received updated Social Security Card.
- - - - - - - - - - Pending Future Processing - - - - - - - - - -
05-27-2017 File 10 Year Green Card
08-27-2017 2 Year Green Card Expires
05-27-2018 File USC

Iam agree with duality oneness if she can earn 16000$/year wich is not much hours to work it will make easy for you guys ... Is just an idea we all have to play efficient in this process...

Pd 24 july 2014

Case complete 12/08/2015

Interview date ##

Visa in hand ???

POE ???

Thank you Lera

You want liquid assets. Cash is better than a car or land. But it needs to be 5x the 125% poverty income. So assuming 2 people (you and your spouse) it would be around $100K. You might want to have a clear records of how you acquired the assets (like many years of paystubs/bank statements) to show you don't get a quick loan or something. They are just trying to insure that taxpayers are on the hook for 5 years after you come over. Realty is you may get a job soon after you come but they cannot be sure.

Edited by PK and PK

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Thank you all for the great help :)

i will keep you update.

Many thanks again.

Read the info on this link. Expand all and under "obtain financial evidence" you will find the following;

• For those who are unemployed or retired, submit a photocopy of ongoing income from other means, such as:
    • retirement benefits;
    • other household members' income; or
    • other significant assets.

Maybe she puts down payment for a house ( use the $60,000) and your father-in-law can be a joint sponsor. Have you been sending your wife any money, weekly or monthly? Her bank statements can show that.

Note this under the head "Complete an Affidavit of Support Form"

If none of the above apply and:
  1. You do not meet the minimum income requirement and are using a joint sponsor, and
  2. You are not using the income of other household members to qualify.
The sponsor and the joint sponsor must each complete Form I-864

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/Step_4_Collect_Financial_Documents.html

Also get the help of a lawyer, that would be the best.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.