Jump to content

Question about getting wife and possible child to USA

4 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Ok, so me and my fiance are planning to get married in China. It's something we agreed on and her big family and friends can attend this way. So after we get married, I understand that we'd have to start the process to get a CR-1 Spouse Visa. But my question is, what if she was to get pregnant and have a baby in China? How will this affect the CR-1 visa? Would I have to get a new visa for the infant baby? I'm really not good at any of this law stuff, so any help is greatly appreciated.


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

~Moved from IR1/CR1 Process to CRBA Forum~

~Similar topics are often discussed at this forum~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

> Almost 2 years of our lives involved with the USCIS/DOS "shuffle" & worth every second of it ! <

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca


:idea: Read more, post less.... Google can be your friend ! :idea:

Prior apologies if I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Keep your timeline current: http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites


Getting pregnant and having a baby will not affect the CR-1.

If you are a US citizen who has lived in the US for five years (two years of which was after age 14), then you can pass US citizenship to your child. You will need to file a CRBA to report the birth of a US citizen child and apply for his/her US passport. The child uses the US passport to enter the U.S. Look at the US Embassy's website for what you would need to do.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.