jjjdddlll

How long in between biometrics and next step?

16 posts in this topic

Hello,

My spouse completed the biometrics for N-400 on 02/11 and we haven't heard anything since then, where as it appears others have their status updated days afterwards. Is this normal? Thanks for any help.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Yes , its normal. Now. they will put your wife case in line for interview! This all depends on how busy your local office is! Check on field office process last update !

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processTimesDisplayInit.do

Edited by moe1985

AOS---Mailed 6/6/2008

Check cashed---6/16/2008

Noa's received--6/18/2008 (date of 6/13/2008)

Biometrics appt--7/9/2008

EAD(Card production ordered )--(October 2, 2008)

EAD Recieved--10/10/2008

I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS-Current Status: Notice Returned as Undeliverable--

12/02/08

01/22/09--Interview. PASSED.

01/23/09--Card production ordered.I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

02/07/2009-- 10 Years Green Card recieved.

Yes , its normal. Now. they will put your wife case in line for interview! This all depends on how busy your local office is! Check on field office process last update !

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processTimesDisplayInit.do

Thanks for the reply. According to that my field office is processing N-400s from "July 6, 2014". Not promising.

Filed: Other Country: England
Timeline

Thanks for the reply. According to that my field office is processing N-400s from "July 6, 2014". Not promising.

That link doesn't seem always quite right, though. It says my field office is 5 months for N-400's, but I sent in my at the start of Jan and have my interview mid March. That's 2.5 months for the interview and, though that won't be the day of the oath, I cannot see having to wait another 2.5 months for that.

Keep checking the online status with your NBC number and you'll see some activity soon.

Good luck!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

That link doesn't seem always quite right, though. It says my field office is 5 months for N-400's, but I sent in my at the start of Jan and have my interview mid March. That's 2.5 months for the interview and, though that won't be the day of the oath, I cannot see having to wait another 2.5 months for that.

Keep checking the online status with your NBC number and you'll see some activity soon.

1- You're right that the link is not accurate.

2- If your office is beating the national target of 5 months, they usually just put down 5 months. I guess they don't want to give themselves a tougher target than they have to!

For a review of each step of my N-400 naturalization process, from application to oath ceremony, please click here.

That link is not accurate. It says my field office is processing N-400 applications from June 27, 2014. I applied in October and I have my oath ceremony next week.

05/01 - Married USC

06/01 - Filed I-130/I-485

01/03 - Conditional LPR approved

05/05 - Conditions removed

12/13 - Divorced USC

10/10/14 - Filed N-400 based on 5+yrs LPR

10/24/14 - NOA

11/12/14 - Fingerprinted

11/14/14 - In line e-notification

12/01/14 - E-notification of interview scheduled

12/05/14 - Received interview letter - Interview scheduled for January 8th.

01/08/15 - Passed citizenship interview and recommended for approval!

01/19/15 - In line for oath ceremony

02/19/15 - Oath scheduled for March 6th, 2015!

03/06/15 - Became a US citizen! :dancing:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Yes that is true, you cannot solely rely on the updates provided on the website . Status updates do not always happen either. my status online did not change when they sent the bio letter. It only changed when I was put inline and when the actual interview was scheduled. Other people don't even get that. They just receive their interview letters. Is this normal? surely not for us applicant but maybe USCIS. For me it took about 2 weeks between bio early (5th) Dec and Inline on Dec 19 and interview letter mid February

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I still haven't heard anything after doing biometrics on 02/11. Should I contact USCIS?

It seems a little early to worry... this step can take several months. Depends on your office. Look at the tables on monthly pages and see if there's someone who filed in October, November, or December at the same office... follow their progress.

For a review of each step of my N-400 naturalization process, from application to oath ceremony, please click here.

It seems a little early to worry... this step can take several months. Depends on your office. Look at the tables on monthly pages and see if there's someone who filed in October, November, or December at the same office... follow their progress.

There is someone at the same field office who had biometrics done the same week as me, and were placed "in-line" 3 days afterwards. It's great news, but a little worrying for me.

• 1 month later...

Two months have gone by since biometrics and my case status still mentions when USCIS received my N400 package. Should I contact them? I don't recall that doing any good during previous paperwork processes, but I'm a little worried.

• 4 weeks later...

We did biometrics on 2/11 and haven't heard anything since. Should I contact USCIS or is this normal?

Call them, if they didn't open a service request, I would go for an info-pass

AOS

day 1 -- 04/11/2012-- package sent to Chicago

day 2 -- 04/12/2012-- package was received.

day 43-- 05/23/2012-- Notice for an interview is received for 06/26 @ 2pm

day 63-- 06/12/2012-- Received a Text & email for an update- Card production EAD/AP

day 77-- 06/26/2012-- interview / approved on the spot.

day 86-- 07/05/2012-- Received my GC in the mail.

ROC

day 1 -- 04/07/2014 -- ROC Package delivered to VSC

day 16 -- 04/23/2014 -- Walk-in Bio.

day 197 -- 10/20/2014-- Approval Letter received dated 10/16/2014

day 202 -- 10/25/2014-- GC received

Call them, if they didn't open a service request, I would go for an info-pass

I called and was told that my service center is working on applications filed in October of 2014 (I filed in January of this year). Someone else who filed at the same time as me already did their interview at the same service center, so I'm not sure how true that is. I imagine that this is similar to the previous processes in that nothing can be done, just wait.

this is the problem with thier call center, they go by the book. if i were i would go for info pass , or contact your congressman for help

AOS

day 1 -- 04/11/2012-- package sent to Chicago

day 2 -- 04/12/2012-- package was received.

day 43-- 05/23/2012-- Notice for an interview is received for 06/26 @ 2pm

day 63-- 06/12/2012-- Received a Text & email for an update- Card production EAD/AP

day 77-- 06/26/2012-- interview / approved on the spot.

day 86-- 07/05/2012-- Received my GC in the mail.

ROC

day 1 -- 04/07/2014 -- ROC Package delivered to VSC

day 16 -- 04/23/2014 -- Walk-in Bio.

day 197 -- 10/20/2014-- Approval Letter received dated 10/16/2014

day 202 -- 10/25/2014-- GC received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.