mikaellars

nvc administrative processing question

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi folks, this is my first time posting. I use this site often to research... A LOT... It is a huge help ..but haven't found the exact answer to this question. We are in admin processing at the NVC (after receiving our NOA2 Feb 4)...I called and got our MNL# for our Manila case..the woman was really helpful. Question: can we now (that we have our MNL #) schedule an interview?? And, if so, when?? I am going to fly to Manila to be there for our interview, my asawa rocks! I will support her always...she also lived (worked) in Singapore for over six months. So, we are also going to go there and get that straightened out..thanks for your help

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K1 Process to Phil Regional Forum~

~Inquiry is country-specific~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

mikaellars, on 24 Feb 2015 - 6:12 PM, said:mikaellars, on 24 Feb 2015 - 6:12 PM, said:mikaellars, on 24 Feb 2015 - 6:12 PM, said:

Hi folks, this is my first time posting. I use this site often to research... A LOT... It is a huge help ..but haven't found the exact answer to this question. We are in admin processing at the NVC (after receiving our NOA2 Feb 4)...I called and got our MNL# for our Manila case..the woman was really helpful. Question: can we now (that we have our MNL #) schedule an interview?? And, if so, when?? I am going to fly to Manila to be there for our interview, my asawa rocks! I will support her always...she also lived (worked) in Singapore for over six months. So, we are also going to go there and get that straightened out..thanks for your help

First off please when you have time complete your profile settings under "My Profile". This helps us know which step you are on and what visa you are chasing.

Second.... Couple of us, Hank and I, are also from Minnesota....

Third, your questions. Yes you can schedule your interview now that you have your MNL# and pay your visa fee. Down in my signature you will see multiple arrows which point to Hank's visa guide. Click on the link. Look for the tab NVC to Manila and follow the steps. It's highly recommended that you continue using his guide as it will get you through this process with ease; we hope :thumbs:

Return here to the forum and ask any questions that you may have. We are all here to help.

Fourth... Certificate of Clearance

The Singapore Police Force (SPF) no longer issues the Certificate of Clearance (COC) to non-Singapore citizens. However, if a COC is still required by a non-Singapore citizen, he/she may wish to submit an appeal to SPF. The applicant can submit scanned copies of the below documents to spf_cid_coc@spf.gov.sg. The processing time is about 10 working days.

1. The appeal form of which a copy is attached below;

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CCEQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cic.gc.ca%2Fenglish%2Fresources%2Fmanuals%2Fbulletins%2F2011%2F341-appeal-e.pdf&ei=YVLtVKa2H8aqNpScgtgM&usg=AFQjCNH_-DigJEftl6TdLEQ9SHne9172EQ&sig2=ARLCQFUgzLdGfX908_3bGA

2. An official letter from USEM which requires the COC. This letter should bear the applicant’s name and a file reference number; and

3. Applicant's current passport and expired passport(s), if any, as proof of stay in Singapore.

From <http://www.mfa.gov.sg/content/mfa/overseasmission/canberra/consular_services/certificate_of_clearance.html>

Visit USEM and retrieve what they call The Singapore Letter. It is a one page form they have that they issue all the time. Send USEM an email and they will email the Singapore Letter to you. You send that, the appeal form, the application for COC, two passport photos, your prints from any police station, and $60 in Singapore money (use current exchange rate).

You can get the $60 Singapore draft from HSBC. BPI will issue it as well or any bank in Singapore.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Being in AP at NVC can slow things down, normally the case file is processed through NVC very quickly (at the embassy in a couple weeks), but I know of a few cases where because of AP the transferring of the file was delayed close to a month.

There are two ways that I would handle the interview; 1) schedule it now as far out as the calendar allows. 2) Wait until you see the case file is in transit to USEM, you can track this on the CEAC website, they schedule at least 2-3 weeks out and beat feet.

Normally I suggest scheduling 4-5 weeks out from when you receive the MNL #

For details on the complete process follow the flashing arrow below.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

#2, that was our thinking as well. Wait until the case has been sent to the manila embassy, then schedule the interview, do the Medical (I'll arrive after the medical), go to Singapore with the "Singapore letter" in hand and come back to go to the interview together. Good to have some fellow Minnesotans here on the site

Guess that proves I am smarter than you.... left after 19 years. :rofl:

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Guess that proves I am smarter than you.... left after 19 years. :rofl:

LOL!! I was so dumb I move up north for a couple years, just for the fun of experiencing actual -61f. Ya I am an idiot! :lol:

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Holy F**k, status is ready.....going to schedule an interview tomorrow...Wow!!

It's full steam ahead.. Now the fun begins.

Holy F**k, status is ready.....going to schedule an interview tomorrow...Wow!!

It's full steam ahead.. Now the fun begins.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.