Cathi

10 year GC approval

48 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Congratulations !!!

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Congratulations! Glad you ignored all the naysayers on here :)

My blog about my visa journey and adjusting to my new life in the US http://albiontoamerica.wordpress.com/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Congrats! It's always great to see success on VJ!

01/28/2013 I-130 package sent

01/31/2013 Notice of Action Date After POE
02/01/2013 Received e-mail and text notification of acceptance
11/26/2013 Applied for SS#
02/04/2013 Received hard copy NOA1 (case not found in on-line system) 12/02/2013 ELIS site still states "accepted"
03/12/2013 Transferred to the local office 12/27/2013 received green card
04/10/2013 Case still not found in on-line system
04/15/2013 INFO-PASS appointment

05/01/2013 NOA2 sent petition approved

NVC Stage...of course it has to be complicatedreading.gifrolleyes.gif

05/09/2013 Case received by NVC

05/23/2013 Received case #'s from NVC

05/23/2013 DS-3032 sent from husband's e-mail

06/03/2013 First day I can not access payment portal

06/04/2013 AOS Fee invoiced and payment made

06/04/2013 DS-3032 resent with Supervisor Review

06/05/2013 DS-3032 acceptance e-mail

06/05/2013 AOS Fee shows "PAID"

06/06/2013 AOS package express mailed

06/07/2013 IV bill invoiced and payment made (still waiting on documents from Hubby)

06/08/2013 IV package express mailed

06/25/2013 IV reviewed - Checklist (2 errors, Birth document & date on DS-230)

06/26/2013 Requested supervisor review by e-mail & verbal request for birth document (fingers crossed)

06/27/2013 AOS accepted

06/28/2013 Checklist response sent for corrected DS-230 (I had my husband sign extra's just in-case)

08/02/2013 NVC requested a supervisor review on the checklist item over 20 business day window

08/05/2013 Case Complete!!! kicking.gif

08/27/2013 Interview Assigned

10/30/2013 Interview

11/04/2013 Pick up Passport

11/12/2013 POE @ JFK

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Congratulations !!!

Thank you A&E. Hopefully your approval is next!

Congratulations! Glad you ignored all the naysayers on here :)

Thanks Otter!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Whoopee!!!!!!!!!

T-B.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Thank you for sharing your inspiring story with us! Congratulations and good luck with everything!! :)

ROC (Divorce Waiver)- CSC

2/14/14- Filed for Divorce

2/28/14- Sent I751 Packet (divorce pending)

3/3/14- NOA1 (receipt date)

3/5/14- Check Cashed & NOA1 Received in the Mail

3/6/14- GC Expired

3/11/14- Received Biometrics Appt. Letter (for 3/28)

3/21/14- Biometrics (done 1 week early)

5/20/14- RFE received for divorce decree/more evidence

8/8/14- Submitted further evidence, no divorce decree yet

9/12/14- I751 Denial received

10/8/14- Divorce finalized

10/14/14- Sent I751 Packet again, with divorce decree! (Refiling)

10/15/14- NOA1 (receipt date)

10/17/14- Check Cashed

11/03/14- Biometrics Done

3/6/14- 1 Year Extension Expired

3/24/15- I551 Stamp in Passport (1 year extension)

4/16/15- APPROVED! E-mail & Text Received

4/20/15- Approval Letter Received via Mail

4/25/15- GC in hand! Happy Birthday to me! :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

FINALLY after 3 and a half years and exactly one day shy of the 6 month mark after sending in the removal of conditions packet(NOA1 was August 25, 2014), we received a text notification to check the USCIS site. My husband's 10 year green card was approved and it's in the mail. Just one last step, applying for citizenship which he can start in July of this year. There is a light at the end of the tunnel. We have had a very smooth journey in spite of the nay sayers who warned us that because of certain "red flags" we have in our marriage our journey would be long and difficult. We sailed through the entire process from start to finish. No RFE's, no significant delays, just a few weeks of AP after his interview at the consulate in Amman. To those nay sayers who told us there was no way we be approved because I happen to be 20 years older than my husband, and because he is Muslim and I am Catholic, because I am divorced with children and that we were married not long after meeting for the first time, we prevailed. I am not sure why a certain few people go out of their way to intentionally scare people who are in the midst of this long journey, people who insist that just because you may or may not fit the conventional mold of what a relationship is supposed to look like, that there is no way you will succeed in this journey without pain and heartache. This community is about supporting others, not about adding stress to an already stressful process.

I want to send a shout out to the rest community here at VJ, the majority of whom are kind, compassionate and very VERY knowledgeable. Without the guidance, support and advice from the members here we never would have been able to complete this process on our own. When the time comes for my husband to apply for citizenship I am sure we will be back for more sage advice from the many wonderful members of this community.

Thank you from the bottom of our hearts,

Cathi and Moath

Congrats to you both!!! Our journey has been as smooth as ever too so far. About to go to his Green Card/AOS interview March 25th!

FINALLY after 3 and a half years and exactly one day shy of the 6 month mark after sending in the removal of conditions packet(NOA1 was August 25, 2014), we received a text notification to check the USCIS site. My husband's 10 year green card was approved and it's in the mail. Just one last step, applying for citizenship which he can start in July of this year. There is a light at the end of the tunnel. We have had a very smooth journey in spite of the nay sayers who warned us that because of certain "red flags" we have in our marriage our journey would be long and difficult. We sailed through the entire process from start to finish. No RFE's, no significant delays, just a few weeks of AP after his interview at the consulate in Amman. To those nay sayers who told us there was no way we be approved because I happen to be 20 years older than my husband, and because he is Muslim and I am Catholic, because I am divorced with children and that we were married not long after meeting for the first time, we prevailed. I am not sure why a certain few people go out of their way to intentionally scare people who are in the midst of this long journey, people who insist that just because you may or may not fit the conventional mold of what a relationship is supposed to look like, that there is no way you will succeed in this journey without pain and heartache. This community is about supporting others, not about adding stress to an already stressful process.

I want to send a shout out to the rest community here at VJ, the majority of whom are kind, compassionate and very VERY knowledgeable. Without the guidance, support and advice from the members here we never would have been able to complete this process on our own. When the time comes for my husband to apply for citizenship I am sure we will be back for more sage advice from the many wonderful members of this community.

Cathi and Moath

CONGRATULATIONS !!

Me and my fiancé just married February 15.

We are truly happy and in love And there is a age difference of 17 years . We are just starting our process of AOS .

I want to say THANK YOU for sharing your story it's an inspiration to us.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Cathi and Moath

The nay sayers are just trying to let you know to be careful and use common sense. USCIS say that 75% of marriages end in divorce during the process up to and after getting a 10 year green card. I pray that it doesn't include anyone on their journey but............. Congratulations !!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

WOW !!!!! Hi Cathi,

I want to introduce myself, My name is Rachell and first of all I want to CONGRATS you and your husband so much. And really was I just came about your amazing story and had seen so familiar to me and my situation. And have been going crazy because of the age difference between me and my finance is the same as yours. And have been recently divorced. You can never say what the future holds for us that is what I say. I was not intending falling in love with a wonderful man from Jordan and here we are. I have been struggling with that. I wanted to ask you if you could help me. How many times did you visit your husband and did you do K-1 visa or spouse? I have visited my fiancé just last year October and going again this year. I am getting different stories that 2 visits are better then one? . Really I hope I will hear from and would really appreciate in anyway for great words you can send our way. Really made me smile when I aw your wonderful story and journey. I give you and your husband the most sincere wishes for you life ahead together.

Thank You so much

Rachell and Amer

Timeline

we did cr-1, and the more visits the better. Getting a k-1 with such a big age difference is going to be difficult, especially with the cultural difference. I was living in Jordan when we married and returned home to file the petition. In the 7 months we were waiting for the visa interview I returned 5 separate times to Jordan. totaling almost 4 months and I attended the interview. Good luck!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Can I ask you is the CR- 1 the spouse visa. And I am planning on going back again in October and with that being a second visit is that suggested we can get married when I go back

Timeline

Can I ask you is the CR- 1 the spouse visa. And I am planning on going back again in October and with that being a second visit is that suggested we can get married when I go back

Yes it's a spouse visa. Are you asking me if you should get married when you go back? If so, I can't really say, that's your decision. Just know that if you marry in Jordan that it takes a few weeks to get all the paper work in order to be married.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.