Cathi

10 year GC approval

48 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Wow that is awesome..I am happy for you both. What are the docs you guys sent to them?

Also joint tax returns

Congrats Mimo! Time to exhale for a bit.

You can say that again. No more pressure to meet deadlines...what a relief!!! Thank you!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I want to send a shout out to the rest community here at VJ, the majority of whom are kind, compassionate and very VERY knowledgeable. Without the guidance, support and advice from the members here we never would have been able to complete this process on our own. When the time comes for my husband to apply for citizenship I am sure we will be back for more sage advice from the many wonderful members of this community.

Thank you from the bottom of our hearts,

Cathi and Moath

Congratulations !

Whatcha cooking, to celebrate ?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

FINALLY after 3 and a half years and exactly one day shy of the 6 month mark after sending in the removal of conditions packet(NOA1 was August 25, 2014), we received a text notification to check the USCIS site. My husband's 10 year green card was approved and it's in the mail. Just one last step, applying for citizenship which he can start in July of this year. There is a light at the end of the tunnel. We have had a very smooth journey in spite of the nay sayers who warned us that because of certain "red flags" we have in our marriage our journey would be long and difficult. We sailed through the entire process from start to finish. No RFE's, no significant delays, just a few weeks of AP after his interview at the consulate in Amman. To those nay sayers who told us there was no way we be approved because I happen to be 20 years older than my husband, and because he is Muslim and I am Catholic, because I am divorced with children and that we were married not long after meeting for the first time, we prevailed. I am not sure why a certain few people go out of their way to intentionally scare people who are in the midst of this long journey, people who insist that just because you may or may not fit the conventional mold of what a relationship is supposed to look like, that there is no way you will succeed in this journey without pain and heartache. This community is about supporting others, not about adding stress to an already stressful process.

I want to send a shout out to the rest community here at VJ, the majority of whom are kind, compassionate and very VERY knowledgeable. Without the guidance, support and advice from the members here we never would have been able to complete this process on our own. When the time comes for my husband to apply for citizenship I am sure we will be back for more sage advice from the many wonderful members of this community.

Thank you from the bottom of our hearts,

Cathi and Moath

Congrats on your approval!

ROC
08.11.2014 - Sent I-751
08.13.2014 - NOA
09.12.2014 - Biometric Appt
02.23.2015 - Card on Production (Decision Letter)
03.09.2015 - Greencard received

N-400

07.27.2016 - Sent Application for Citizenship

07.29.2016 - NOA1

08.15.2016 - Fingerprint

02.13.2017 - Interview Date

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Congrats!!!

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Sept 11, 2011 NOA2-took 19 days to get case number

Sept 30, 2011 NVC number and IIN received Friday-gotta wait till Monday

Oct 13, 2011 Case Completed- 13 days from receiving case number Took 32 days from NOA2

Nov 30, 2011 Notified of Interview date

January 19, 2012 Interview- 240 days from NOA1

INTERVIEW RESULTS-APPROVED WITH 14 WEEKS AP--but he got his visa in 56 days!!!!!!

PLEASE EDIT YOUR TIMELINE IN YOUR PROFILE SO OTHERS CAN LEARN HOW LONG EACH STEP TAKES IN THIS PROCESS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

Congrats!! My husband is Iranian and we are 30 yrs different in age. I have children older then him. We haven't gotten as far as you have in the process, we haven't removed conditions yet but we also sailed through the process. We got a bit hasseled during the AOS but got throught it. He was only in AP for 3 weeks after his interview. The age thing may have been a red flag but we had know each other a long time so it was easy to answer any questions that came our way. By the way I love your house! Very cute. I hope the two of you have a wonderful and happy life there.

Timeline

Congrats!! My husband is Iranian and we are 30 yrs different in age. I have children older then him. We haven't gotten as far as you have in the process, we haven't removed conditions yet but we also sailed through the process. We got a bit hasseled during the AOS but got throught it. He was only in AP for 3 weeks after his interview. The age thing may have been a red flag but we had know each other a long time so it was easy to answer any questions that came our way. By the way I love your house! Very cute. I hope the two of you have a wonderful and happy life there.

Thank you and congratulations to you, as well. I'm hoping that perhaps that double standard thing is, for the most part, is a thing of the past in immigration. I'm tired of men being patted on the back when they marry a younger woman, but women who marry younger men are considered "desperate"... I think not.

We were never hassled at any point during the process, we were always treated with nothing but kindness and respect.

Edited by mimolicious

Thanks Kim...nice to see your face, it's been awhile

I have been "laying" low somewhat. It has been a rough year and was really tough as as my mom died in September. Trying to get back in the swing, but it is hard.

On a brighter note, we will be submitting paperwork on May for ROC for Ahmed. We are also planning a trip to Tunisia to see our family for October.

Timeline

I have been "laying" low somewhat. It has been a rough year and was really tough as as my mom died in September. Trying to get back in the swing, but it is hard.

On a brighter note, we will be submitting paperwork on May for ROC for Ahmed. We are also planning a trip to Tunisia to see our family for October

Oh no Kim, I am so sorry to hear about your Mom. My condolences to you and your family.

Good luck with ROC, ours went very smooth, no RFE, no interview.

Have fun back in Tunisia, I am sure Ahmed will love to be home seeing friends and family. We went back to Jordan last year for vacation, Moath's first time back since he arrived in the US. We had gone for pleasure originally, but his dad happen to pass away suddenly a few weeks after we arrived. It was a blessing that were there to spend time with him(especially Moath)before he passed.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.