Janelle2002

Supreme Court Considers Visa Case For Foreign Spouses

97 posts in this topic

Timeline

Lol. The ABA is saying the attorneys needs to get involved and get paid.

Lol. The ABA is saying the attorneys needs to get involved and get paid.

Who cares if they get paid as long as we gain a constitutional right that has been striped from us without us knowing it.

Filed: Other Timeline

Huh? :unsure:

Bottom line. These effers who decide our family fate, and send us home alone for months and years on end, separated from our wives, our husbands, and our children need to be abolished. We did NOT sign up for this. It's your effing job to protect America, but you think your goddamned job is to destroy my family because you got a badge and a seminar.

Look dude, I will punch you, and your girlfriend in the nose for your condescending laws and unrighteous behavior. Do your freaking background check and back the hell up. Get out of my face and out of my life, you no good, overstepping bastards.

Bottom line. These effers who decide our family fate, and send us home alone for months and years on end, separated from our wives, our husbands, and our children need to be abolished. We did NOT sign up for this. It's your effing job to protect America, but you think your goddamned job is to destroy my family because you got a badge and a seminar.

Look dude, I will punch you, and your girlfriend in the nose for your condescending laws and unrighteous behavior. Do your freaking background check and back the hell up. Get out of my face and out of my life, you no good, overstepping bastards.

Right on! I like that!!!

Right on! I like that!!!

That's freedom. It's not to be sold to google, or the IRS, or any other company the government uses to spy on us. Get the hell out, and allow me and my wife and my daughter who aged out for no reason and cannot join us here to live again. You suck the very life from us every day. You breed anxiety and hardship. You force us to learn new ways to endure living in prison with you and guards. Go to hell! Enough is enough.

That's freedom. It's not to be sold to google, or the IRS, or any other company the government uses to spy on us. Get the hell out, and allow me and my wife and my daughter who aged out for no reason and cannot join us here to live again. You suck the very life from us every day. You breed anxiety and hardship. You force us to learn new ways to endure living in prison with you and guards. Go to hell! Enough is enough.

It is no sufficient answer for the government to assert that respondent may live with her spouse by leaving this country and moving abroad. The ability to flee from a jurisdiction that violates a fundamental right does not negate the violation. It is frequently the case that a right arbitrarily constrained in one jurisdiction may be exercised without constraint in another. E.g., Loving, 388 U.S. at 6 n.5; Zablocki v. Redhail, 434 U.S. 374, 382 & n.9 (1978). Yet this Court has never excused an unconstitutional restraint in one jurisdiction when the affected individual could move elsewhere; such a principle is intolerable, as it would allow violations of due process to flourish so long as one haven of liberty remained. The government also errs in claiming that respondent’s injury is indirect. A restraint that divides spouses directly deprives each spouse of the other’s companionship and comfort. Din’s injury is all the more direct and intolerable because of the dilemma she faces: either to abandon her mother, her sister, and her country to live with her husband, or to forsake her spouse to stay here with her family. Din is thus directly and acutely affected by the unexplained denial of her husband’s visa application, the effects of which are “slicing deeply into the family itself.” Moore v. City of E. Cleveland, 431 U.S. 494, 498 ( 1977) (plurality opinion).

This was me this Christmas. I decided to go abroad and be with my husband and his grieving family instead of going to see my family this Christmas. I lost the last Christmas I could have ever spent with my mother because she passed away unexpectedly!! :crying::crying: I am so fed up, tired and sick of the mess they put us through as if we are not humans. He have emotions and require support just like any other American citizen who is not married to a foreigner.

It is no sufficient answer for the government to assert that respondent may live with her spouse by leaving this country and moving abroad. The ability to flee from a jurisdiction that violates a fundamental right does not negate the violation. It is frequently the case that a right arbitrarily constrained in one jurisdiction may be exercised without constraint in another. E.g., Loving, 388 U.S. at 6 n.5; Zablocki v. Redhail, 434 U.S. 374, 382 & n.9 (1978). Yet this Court has never excused an unconstitutional restraint in one jurisdiction when the affected individual could move elsewhere; such a principle is intolerable, as it would allow violations of due process to flourish so long as one haven of liberty remained. The government also errs in claiming that respondent’s injury is indirect. A restraint that divides spouses directly deprives each spouse of the other’s companionship and comfort. Din’s injury is all the more direct and intolerable because of the dilemma she faces: either to abandon her mother, her sister, and her country to live with her husband, or to forsake her spouse to stay here with her family. Din is thus directly and acutely affected by the unexplained denial of her husband’s visa application, the effects of which are “slicing deeply into the family itself.” Moore v. City of E. Cleveland, 431 U.S. 494, 498 ( 1977) (plurality opinion).

This was me this Christmas. I decided to go abroad and be with my husband and his grieving family instead of going to see my family this Christmas. I lost the last Christmas I could have ever spent with my mother because she passed away unexpectedly!! :crying::crying: I am so fed up, tired and sick of the mess they put us through as if we are not humans. He have emotions and require support just like any other American citizen who is not married to a foreigner.

Oh, the tears. Oh my god the tears. How does one tell the world what is happening to American citizens at this very moment while they text, and shop, and drive and sleep? Obozo says it best, "If it bleeds, it leads." Effing B--A--S--T--A--R--D.

Edited by ExExpat