JimS

Passport delayed due to birth cert. error by Midwife

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Due to an error by the midwife that delivered my wife, her birth certificate is not correct. We did not notice that until she was denied a passport due to the error--neither male nor female box checked.

She is getting a new birth certificate to apply for a passport. The delay will likely be around two months. The original expected delivery date of the passport was March 25.

I just got the confirmation notice from NVC that our visa app has been sent to U.S. Embassy, Manila, Philippines. It said the transfer process can take several weeks.

With the above time taken into account, and knowing that it can take several months to get an interview in Manila, my question is: does it look like we will be on time with the passport and interview dates? We did ask if the passport process can be expedited but even having someone inside from an agency, the time delay is the same. No expedited delivery is possible.

Thanks for any information or help you can provide.

And sorry for my rambling. It's 2:22 a.m. in Nebraska.....

Jim

Edited by JimS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

I guess it'll be fine as processing at USEM takes weeks and she'll have to prepare docs for interview as well. By the way, my fiancé is from nebraska too. We'll be traveling there in March. Goodluck on your journey !

Timeline

wer on the same boat i applied for my passport last january and our case has been ready since feb. 06 but due to some problem on our local dfa office my passport will be delivered on march 5 i tried my best to talk to our dfa office but nothing happends they ask me to send proof so they will expedited the process of my passport and they want letter from nvc or plane ticket but since i cant provide it i decided to just wait for my passport and our k1 apps will expire by may.. and crossing my finger hopefully i could get my passport soon.. as of now i cant do anything....

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Due to an error by the midwife that delivered my wife, her birth certificate is not correct. We did not notice that until she was denied a passport due to the error--neither male nor female box checked.

She is getting a new birth certificate to apply for a passport. The delay will likely be around two months. The original expected delivery date of the passport was March 25.

I just got the confirmation notice from NVC that our visa app has been sent to U.S. Embassy, Manila, Philippines. It said the transfer process can take several weeks.

With the above time taken into account, and knowing that it can take several months to get an interview in Manila, my question is: does it look like we will be on time with the passport and interview dates? We did ask if the passport process can be expedited but even having someone inside from an agency, the time delay is the same. No expedited delivery is possible.

Thanks for any information or help you can provide.

And sorry for my rambling. It's 2:22 a.m. in Nebraska.....

Jim

Interview appointments are not taking several months anymore, the expedite rush has passed, one can get an interview date within a month now with ease. Don't worry about your petition validity either, the embassy will automatically extend that up to a year.

Once you have the passport it is rock and roll time. For the process in Manila follow the flashing arrow below.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

wer on the same boat i applied for my passport last january and our case has been ready since feb. 06 but due to some problem on our local dfa office my passport will be delivered on march 5 i tried my best to talk to our dfa office but nothing happends they ask me to send proof so they will expedited the process of my passport and they want letter from nvc or plane ticket but since i cant provide it i decided to just wait for my passport and our k1 apps will expire by may.. and crossing my finger hopefully i could get my passport soon.. as of now i cant do anything....

1st the petition validity will be extended by the embassy automatically up to a year, so relax on that. 2nd, you fiance has not received a letter from NVC with the MNL# yet?

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

1st the petition validity will be extended by the embassy automatically up to a year, so relax on that. 2nd, you fiance has not received a letter from NVC with the MNL# yet?

we didnt get the nvc letter yet we only got our mnl number via phone call... and dfa office wont accept the screen shot of it, they want more proof that we badly need the passport, so i just decided to wait till next week and now i just watch news on local tv that it will get more delays on releasing passport due to their system upgrade.. im just worried bout the expiry date, but since you just mention they will automatically extend the validity of our application i kinda were able to breath now.. thank you for the info and by the way you did great on your site it was very informative thank you so much

Timeline

we didnt get the nvc letter yet we only got our mnl number via phone call... and dfa office wont accept the screen shot of it, they want more proof that we badly need the passport, so i just decided to wait till next week and now i just watch news on local tv that it will get more delays on releasing passport due to their system upgrade.. im just worried bout the expiry date, but since you just mention they will automatically extend the validity of our application i kinda were able to breath now.. thank you for the info and by the way you did great on your site it was very informative thank you so much

Try a copy of your NOA2 showing your petition for the K-1 visa has been approved.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Try a copy of your NOA2 showing your petition for the K-1 visa has been approved.m

my fiance just got the nvc letter on his mailbox and he send it to me right away and i brought it to dfa office.. and this afternoon i got a call from dfa to pick my passport by Monday coz its on printing status... finally!!! thank you Hank so much

Timeline

my fiance just got the nvc letter on his mailbox and he send it to me right away and i brought it to dfa office.. and this afternoon i got a call from dfa to pick my passport by Monday coz its on printing status... finally!!! thank you Hank so much

Very happy for you ! :)

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

How did you get into DFA so quickly? My fiance had to go through an agency to speed the process up a bit, and that failed due to the bad birth certificate.

We would like to get this done asap because NVC says the application has been sent to Manila

Thanks for you reply,

Jim

Timeline

How did you get into DFA so quickly? My fiance had to go through an agency to speed the process up a bit, and that failed due to the bad birth certificate.

We would like to get this done asap because NVC says the application has been sent to Manila

Thanks for you reply,

Jim

you dont need to go through agency all you need to do is write a letter bout why you wanted your fiance passport to be expedited the process then attach a copy of noa2 just like what hank said since you dont have nvc letter why not use hank advice to attach the hard copy of noa2 then bring it to dfa local office wer your fiance applied her passport.. thats what we did but with additional payment, hope it works on you.. gud luck

Timeline

you dont need to go through agency all you need to do is write a letter bout why you wanted your fiance passport to be expedited the process then attach a copy of noa2 just like what hank said since you dont have nvc letter why not use hank advice to attach the hard copy of noa2 then bring it to dfa local office wer your fiance applied her passport.. thats what we did but with additional payment, hope it works on you.. gud luck

Just received the NVC notice on Monday Feb. 23. I'm asking my girl to take that to DFA office--there is no local office close to Taytay, Rizal--along with her new birth certificate when she gets it in two weeks.

Jim

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

It took me two months to get my then fiance an interview after they said that they were sending it over there. It was supposed to be 3 months actually but i nagged and complained a lot and called the embassy like I owed the place until I got what I wanted. Point is, you have time. If you just got notice that you case is being transferred to the embassy and she is supposed to get this new passport by the end of March, I'm confident that her interview will be scheduled well after that.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.