Lipquick

Want to bring my thai girlfriend to visit USA for 2 months...

22 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Thank you for all your considerate replies. So i guess i can claim residency as i am on my 4th non imm b visa in thailand. My gf is a 4th year university student. She has no money or job or place...she lives with me. I wonder 2 things...1. My spanish friends situation...does it correlate. He easily took his gf to spain on a 3 week holiday. One crucial requirement was a document from police stating his parents had a home in spain, they would be staying there, and they(his parents) would assume all responsibilities for her as a guest. And 2. Ning...after 8 VISITS to the US embassy with the CO...have you been denied a tourist visa...and what details dis the CO tell you? My feeling now is she applies for a B2...as we are not married or engaged it is the lawful way...

Hi,

Spain has its requirements. The U.S. has its. There is no correlation. Every country has its own rules.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Presumably she will graduate this year, a good job will help.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Having the material things you describe doesn't help much in obtaining a tourist visa from Thailand. I qualified for all of that but was denied 3 times.

Being married will actually ensure the denial. The ties are to the husband.

Fair? You mean its easy to go to Thailand as a tourist? Yes if you are a farang because they know you aren't going to stay. Even if you do there are many laws to make sure you cant work.

The USA has a long history of visa abuse and fraud with the issuance of tourist visas from Thailand. Today people have to live with the level of freedom we were born with in Thailand which is far from what we enjoy in the USA. Thailand still suffers from corruption that affects every aspect of lives in Thailand and that corruption is woven into every thread of life for every person.

I went thru the B 2 process 3 times. I had all the Thai ties your case has and more. I lived there for 33 years. I had a child, businesses, family, land. Land that is totally paid for in my name. Denied. But I have a USC husband. Even if they issue a B 2 to someone it doesn't mean they enter the USA. Its at the POE that all the facts are weighed, the questions are asked & the actual entry decision is made.

She gets lucky. Gets B 2 . Arrives POE. Any hint of the truth, which is she is traveling either with you or to meet you in the USA, stay with you for at least a few months most likely results in denial. The only way to know is to have her apply.

My husband decided we were done trying to convince anyone about our plans to live in Thailand but like you, want to visit the USA. We began the process to enter the USA to become US citizens. The K-3 took 408 long days but we have become US citizens with an appreciation of why the government has these procedures allowing us to do so. Being denied helped us so much.

Details? The only thing relevant to your situation may be what the C O told my husband and I on the last attempt. " Your docs are perfect, I totally believe what you both have said about returning but if I were to grant the visa I would be fired that day. We are instructed NOT to do it ". He explained to my husband the reasoning behind the concept of strong ties.

You have a long history of living in country as an expat. You have some history with her in Thailand. But like a husband when she enters the USA in the eyes of USCIS her ties would be to you. This is my opinion of what they would do.

It should be said that in the time of my cases US citizens were allowed in the IV section and in fact my husband was invited to the window by each officer. This is no longer allowed. This means her case will be judged on its merits as reflected in the application. Therefore these cases are decided before the person ever steps up to the window.

Thank you for all your considerate replies. So i guess i can claim residency as i am on my 4th non imm b visa in thailand. My gf is a 4th year university student. She has no money or job or place...she lives with me. I wonder 2 things...1. My spanish friends situation...does it correlate. He easily took his gf to spain on a 3 week holiday. One crucial requirement was a document from police stating his parents had a home in spain, they would be staying there, and they(his parents) would assume all responsibilities for her as a guest. And 2. Ning...after 8 VISITS to the US embassy with the CO...have you been denied a tourist visa...and what details dis the CO tell you? My feeling now is she applies for a B2...as we are not married or engaged it is the lawful way...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

From my own experience and even being good friends with my senator and congressman, they tell me they have no say with our US State Department. This agency is strictly under the control of the executive branch or in other words under the president of these United States.

DOS deals with over 200 different countries and have agreements with them, how they come up with these agreements, I have no idea, the ambassadors are appointed by the president. With my own wild ideas, can visualize a drunken party paid by my tax dollars. These agreements consist of even a visa is required or not.

Ironically, can visit many countries as a US citizen without a visa, but the same family members that live there cannot come here without a visa. So its not even a fair exchange.

Was told to contact the executive branch in aid to even getting a visa for my own grandson, its like contacting the man in the moon. Best answer I can get is for this person to contact the US embassy in their own home country.

It doesn't make any difference if I say I am a veteran of a foreign war, oh, thank you for serving your country. Have a good income, criminal free, taxpayer, but apparently not enough money to off a huge contribution for the election. Helpless, but feel those that have enough money, can even bring terrorist here.

As you can see, rather bitter about this. Its strictly up to the individual to prove they have enough assets in their home country, and family, so they will want to return. And apparently, they don't even brother checking if your I-94 was expired, explaining why they claim, we have over 11 million illegals here. Not that many cross the dessert to come here.

Also though we have government by the people. If our leaders can't get along, we are the ones that have to suffer.

• 2 years later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

23.43%

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

50-50 odds.  Who takes care of the infant son? 

USCIS

January 16, 2015 I-130 Mailed, Chi lockbox January 20, 2015 Priority Date, January 21, 2015 NOA1 notice date, Assigned VSC, January 23, 2015 Check Cashed, electronically March 5, 2015 NOA2

NVC

March 27, 2015 NVC received April 6, 2015 Case#, IIN# assigned April 8, 2015 Paid AOS + IV fee Invoices May 5, 2015 AOS + IV package submitted May 11, 2015 Scan Date

June 11, 2015 DS-260 submitted June 25, 2015 False checklist (for ds260).. hello? June 30, 2015 Answered checklist Aug 5, 2015 Escalated to Supervisor review Aug 13, 2015 Case Complete

Consular

Sept 10, 2015 Interview Scheduled Sept 11, 2015 P4 Letter received Sept 21, 2015 file In transit from NVC Sept 23, 2015 file at Embassy

Sept 28, 2015 Medical Oct 14, 2015 Biometrics Oct 15, 2015 Interview (Approved) Oct 19, 2015 IV visa Issued Oct 23, 2015 Passport Pickup

POE

Nov 2, 2015 Entered the US Nov 16, 2015 Applied for SSN, walk-in Nov 20, 2015 Social Security Card recd Jan 15, 2016 GC received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.