dza

Vermont service center

28 posts in this topic

to me it was truly a shock

just yesterday i was saying my god for the people who are suffering with tsc but did not thought i will be one of them

but something else, i was already preparing myself for this whole process to be for max 8 to 9 month, is that will be to the interview or what?

and thanks so much for your reply :)

Let's say if you have a best case scenario at TSC of roughly 7 months to receive your NOA2 approval, depending on whatever specific requirements with your consulate and how long for the case to get there and get an interview, I wish I could tell you more specifically. For my consulate it would probably only be an additional month or so - I can only hope and pray yours might be the same. Try looking in the regional forum specific to the country, there may be additional info there.

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

do you mean i can go to either California or Texas?

do i have a chance for California ?

Based off your state of residence....you're going to Texas. There is a chance for anything but it's not likely that they will accidentally send you to California.

It's about 8 months to an petition approval and 1-2 months for visa approval. It could be less but prepare for the longest.

Edited by HislittleSecret

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

You have NO chance for CSC!

You will be somewhat like me and my Filipino wife went through. In 2012 -2013, it was VSC. Our NOA 1 was 6-28-12, our NOA 2 was 12-31-12, but what you are missing is:

NVC

Sent to Embassy

Medical

Wait on Interview

Some problems always, most often come up.

After the NOA 2 for my (now) wife, many things happened, her P.O.E was 4-24-13.

it is long, it is painful, sometimes you think, you are going to "lose it" ,..,,but you now know what to expect, and it is "SO WORTH IT" be strong, and patient, walking 2 miles a day gave relief of stress. Thinking of the "day" she would come to the USA, as I flew to Cebu 4-10-13, and POE Atlants, 2-14-13!

Hanf tough, it is worth it!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

do you mean i can go to either California or Texas?

do i have a chance for California ?

Welcome to the forum.

Not an option available to you, unless USCIS re-align workloads at their discretion (which they have been know to do). However, do not hold your breath, you may get cyanotic waiting for that to occur.

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Let's say if you have a best case scenario at TSC of roughly 7 months to receive your NOA2 approval, depending on whatever specific requirements with your consulate and how long for the case to get there and get an interview, I wish I could tell you more specifically. For my consulate it would probably only be an additional month or so - I can only hope and pray yours might be the same. Try looking in the regional forum specific to the country, there may be additional info there.

thank you yuna for the info that you gave me, and lets hope for the best and prepare for the worst

Timeline

Based off your state of residence....you're going to Texas. There is a chance for anything but it's not likely that they will accidentally send you to California.

It's about 8 months to an petition approval and 1-2 months for visa approval. It could be less but prepare for the longest.

i will hope for the best and prepare for the worst , we will get through this ..

thank you so much for your info

Timeline

You have NO chance for CSC!

You will be somewhat like me and my Filipino wife went through. In 2012 -2013, it was VSC. Our NOA 1 was 6-28-12, our NOA 2 was 12-31-12, but what you are missing is:

NVC

Sent to Embassy

Medical

Wait on Interview

Some problems always, most often come up.

After the NOA 2 for my (now) wife, many things happened, her P.O.E was 4-24-13.

it is long, it is painful, sometimes you think, you are going to "lose it" ,..,,but you now know what to expect, and it is "SO WORTH IT" be strong, and patient, walking 2 miles a day gave relief of stress. Thinking of the "day" she would come to the USA, as I flew to Cebu 4-10-13, and POE Atlants, 2-14-13!

Hanf tough, it is worth it!

o.o but i wish and pray for the best, and still have hoe to be only 8 to 9 month the whole process to the interview stage

and by the way i am the SHE LOL i am the one who will make the interview to travel to my love, and truly it is so worth it, we have been through so many battles for 2 years and half , and we will get through this as well and success i believe so, it needs truly to be patience

how i wish to close my eyes and open them and find all of this done by being together forever!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hello DZAmaral!!

It looks like you have a really positive attitude and that's what you'll need (along with a WHOLE lot of patience) for this visa process.

As many have already said, you'll be assigned to the Texas Service Center (according to your fiance's state) more than likely, and my friend who is there (and started her process around the same time as me and my fiance - early November 2014) says they recently told her they were processing August 2014 (as someone else I believe in this thread mentioned) as of a week ago.

So, TSC = about 6/7 months to NOA2, then NVC will say it takes up to 35 days (not sure what it'll be once you get your NOA2 - but right now its up to 35 days) for their processing, then Egypt (where we are too) takes a while to process theirs too. My fiance talked with them last week and they said they're processing/scheduling November cases/interviews now in Cairo embassy. We're expecting my fiance's interview to be end of March or April.

What I do is plan our wedding to take up the time. We make decisions on things that are not date/time sensitive. Also, if you have any questions, please feel free to personal message me and I'll answer whatever I can...

GOOD LUCK!!!!!

Our lovely journey!!

10/08/2015: AOS packet sent to USCIS (Chicago lockbox) via USPS Priority mail (They received it 10/10/15).

10/16/2015: Text/eEmails received from USCIS with receipt number. We received 3.

10/22/2015: Received hard copies of NOA's for I-131, I-765, & I-485.

11/01/2015: Got NOA for biometrics appt (for 11/12/15).

11/03/2015: Did WALK IN biometrics appt - took 15 mins. Person taking said work permit should be in mail in less than 4 wks.

12/09/2015: Got email/text notification for INTERVIEW date.

12/28/2015: Got email/text notification EAD card has been mailed.

12/31/2015: Received EAD/AP card.

01/11/2016: INTERVIEW (in Los Angeles office).

01/11/2016: Case in in "CONTINUANCE". Awaiting approval. (Feels like AP).

06/27/2016: I-485 APPROVED - (FINALLY!!!) / 264 DAYS (8 MONTHS 20 DAYS)

07/01/2016: GREEN CARD RECEIVED

Timeline

Hello DZAmaral!!

It looks like you have a really positive attitude and that's what you'll need (along with a WHOLE lot of patience) for this visa process.

As many have already said, you'll be assigned to the Texas Service Center (according to your fiance's state) more than likely, and my friend who is there (and started her process around the same time as me and my fiance - early November 2014) says they recently told her they were processing August 2014 (as someone else I believe in this thread mentioned) as of a week ago.

So, TSC = about 6/7 months to NOA2, then NVC will say it takes up to 35 days (not sure what it'll be once you get your NOA2 - but right now its up to 35 days) for their processing, then Egypt (where we are too) takes a while to process theirs too. My fiance talked with them last week and they said they're processing/scheduling November cases/interviews now in Cairo embassy. We're expecting my fiance's interview to be end of March or April.

What I do is plan our wedding to take up the time. We make decisions on things that are not date/time sensitive. Also, if you have any questions, please feel free to personal message me and I'll answer whatever I can...

GOOD LUCK!!!!!

i truly thank you so much for your message

i always have faith and hope and praying for the best and prepare for the worst, patience is not something easy at all, but from the beginning i heard all the process taking from 6 to 9 month, so i was ready for that, but i pray no more than that, yes i see California my god so very fast and of course like anyone else, i wish i could go for California but i have no choice or control over it unfortunately, but i still have hope

we all need to be with the ones we love as soon as possible, but we must work for that and be patience for that

and of course if i needed to ask about anything i will ask you

again thanks so much :)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Also,

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/monthly_filers.php?form=1&visa=1&scenter=3&option=3&sortby=2

Start your timeline and follow it on Igor's List (here on VJ - link above). It's a pretty decent indication of where cases are too. It's not a perfect science of course, but it helps a bit. :)

Our lovely journey!!

10/08/2015: AOS packet sent to USCIS (Chicago lockbox) via USPS Priority mail (They received it 10/10/15).

10/16/2015: Text/eEmails received from USCIS with receipt number. We received 3.

10/22/2015: Received hard copies of NOA's for I-131, I-765, & I-485.

11/01/2015: Got NOA for biometrics appt (for 11/12/15).

11/03/2015: Did WALK IN biometrics appt - took 15 mins. Person taking said work permit should be in mail in less than 4 wks.

12/09/2015: Got email/text notification for INTERVIEW date.

12/28/2015: Got email/text notification EAD card has been mailed.

12/31/2015: Received EAD/AP card.

01/11/2016: INTERVIEW (in Los Angeles office).

01/11/2016: Case in in "CONTINUANCE". Awaiting approval. (Feels like AP).

06/27/2016: I-485 APPROVED - (FINALLY!!!) / 264 DAYS (8 MONTHS 20 DAYS)

07/01/2016: GREEN CARD RECEIVED

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi - you can join our efforts for getting better management of the TSC backlog as documented here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/537595-tsc-k1-backlog-what-can-we-do-for-tsc-non-expedites-only/#entry7488675

All in this together :)

K1 Timeline

November 21st 2013 - First Met

November 18th 2014 - I-129f Submitted

November 24th 2014 - NOA 1

May 22nd 2015 - NOA 2 - no RFE!

June 4th 2015 - Case Sent to NVC

June 6th 2015 - NVC receives case

June 15th 2015 - Case Sent to Embassy

June 16th 2015 - Phoned NVC and finally got case number (tried 12th June and had not been assigned)

June 16th 2015 - Medical booked

June 21st 2015 - Sent Packet "3" - DS 160 and readiness

June 25th 2015 - Embassy sends letter in receipt of receiving case

June 30th 2015 - Medical

July 28th 2015 - Interview - Approved!

August 3rd 2015 - Email request to collect from courier office (Went straight from "Ready" to "Issued" did not see AP in CEAC)

August 4th 2015 - Collected packet from Chancery Lane Courier Office

August 7th 2015 - Arrived in Houston and end of K1 journey :)

Adjustment of Status Timeline

August 10th 2015 - Applied for SSN, obtained SSN number next day

August 15th 2015 - SSN card arrived

August 20th 2015 - Married! :)

August 24th 2015 - sent packet to USCIS via FedEx [AOS, AP & EAD]

August 26th 2015 - packet received at USCIS

August 28th 2015 - NOA 1 for all three applications

September 15th 2015 - RFE - request 1040A, W2's was not enough

September 24th 2015 - Biometrics completed

September 28th 2015 - RFE response received by USCIS

October 27th 2015 - EAD approved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Guatemala
Timeline

Hello DZAmaral!!

GOOD LUCK!!!!!

There are some August going through, but still many of us from July waiting. I am at 214 days.

Timeline

There are some August going through, but still many of us from July waiting. I am at 214 days.

my god it is so much waiting, i am so sorry for that . and truly i am in the beginning of my journey here, how it is not fair at all for the people with california and Philippines they they get tier visa so much faster than others, hope they do the same with texas and any other that slow, they need to make balance, and keep holding on, you are almost there, i have sent my papers 12 this month and did not get even my noa1 :(

Also,

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/monthly_filers.php?form=1&visa=1&scenter=3&option=3&sortby=2

Start your timeline and follow it on Igor's List (here on VJ - link above). It's a pretty decent indication of where cases are too. It's not a perfect science of course, but it helps a bit. :)

hope they can listen to us and do something!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.