LibCampFireClub

Rise of the mini-jihadis: ISIS releases chilling video showing children as young as FIVE

85 posts in this topic

This may sound bad, but the Middle East needs to have a thorough war without European involvement to properly determine the will of the people living there. Dictators need to be overthrown etc. This could have happened peacefully in 1918 but now its something only conflict will solve.

I agree with this to a certain extent, I'm not sure if it needs to be a thorough war, or just enough persuasion to get things done. Hopefully the involvement of the other middle eastern countries this time around will lead to some type of an end to this mess.

Edited by Teddy B

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

And it's brewing, if not already started, thanks in part to a cautious approach by the US, so far.

I agree with this and hopefully the involvement of the other middle eastern countries this time around will lead to some type of an end to this mess.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

And it's brewing, if not already started, thanks in part to a cautious approach by the US, so far.

Yes it is. I edited my post just a bit. But whatever happens, it needs to be the will of the people that call the middle east home. Outside forces will never be the means to an end there.

Timeline

I guess that is what really separate the men from the boys. Diplomacy, prudence and cunning over the cowboy reckless approach from yesteryear.

Yes it is. I edited my post just a bit. But whatever happens, it needs to be the will of the people that call the middle east home. Outside forces will never be the means to an end there.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

It's like playing a bad hand of poker and having the choice to go all in our fold. Neither is a brilliant choice.

Personally I'd worry more about what will do for security outside the middle east. If there is a war there, it will be spread.

Timeline

Alas, I believe there is, in the context that diplomacy is the art of the possible. The US has been doing just that with the countries now engaged in the conflict.

In the context of the groups involved, there is no option for Diplomacy.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

"

ISIS is losing

Updated by Zack Beauchamp on February 23, 2015, 9:30 a.m. ET "

http://www.vox.com/2015/2/23/8085197/is-isis-losing

event.png

K1 Visa
Event Date
Service Center : Texas Service Center
Consulate : Morocco
I-129F Sent : 2011-03-07
I-129F NOA2 : 2011-07-08
Interview Date : 2011-11-01
Interview Result : Approved
Visa Received : 2011-11-03
US Entry : 2012-02-28
Marriage : 2012-03-05
AOS sent: 05/16/2012
AOS received USCIS: 5/23/2012
EAD Delivered: 8/3/2012
AOS Interview: 08/20/2012.
Green Card Received: 08/27/2012

ROC Form Sent 07/17/2014

ROC NOA 07/24/2014
ROC Biometrics Appt. 8/21/2014
ROC RFE 10/2014 Evidence sent 1/4/2014

ROC Approval Letter received 1/13/2015

Filed: Timeline

Alas, I believe there is, in the context that diplomacy is the art of the possible. The US has been doing just that with the countries now engaged in the conflict.

I think it depends on your view of ISIS then. IE does it want to act like a nation that can be met via diplomacy, or is it a death cult that believes it is spurring on the end of the world.

1d35bdb6477b38fedf8f1ad2b4c743ea.jpg

Timeline

ISIS is not a nation, or even a cult. It's a paramilitary group with aspirations of becoming a nation. Our diplomatic efforts should be focused on those countries that can - and some are - wage war at ISIS.

I think it depends on your view of ISIS then. IE does it want to act like a nation that can be met via diplomacy, or is it a death cult that believes it is spurring on the end of the world.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

ISIS is not a nation, or even a cult. It's a paramilitary group with aspirations of becoming a nation. Our diplomatic efforts should be focused on those countries that can - and some are - wage war at ISIS.

Ok we are on the same page then. War is being waged, war must be waged.

1d35bdb6477b38fedf8f1ad2b4c743ea.jpg

In the context of the groups involved, there is no option for Diplomacy.

I tend to agree. The only way to resolve this problem is for it to run its course, rather than continue to just hope this will all evaporate before the dam breaks.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I guess that is what really separate the men from the boys. Diplomacy, prudence and cunning over the cowboy reckless approach from yesteryear.

yes indeed

10420785_10152487834822365_4486649601404

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!