GentleGrace

Tourist visa to visit boyfriend in US

38 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

The truth is always a must. But, listen closely, and answer, "only" what is asked, volunteer no other information.

Example: Do you have friends in the USA? Your answer: Yes, I have some friends. Do not expand, and yes I have a boy friend.

Hope you get my point.

Good Luck, I think you have good intentions.

Thanks for all your help. My plan us not to get spinsorship anymore. I will have enough funds at that time. I apply for a loan or something. And never to mention about my boyfriend. I'll go there as pure tourist. Is that good enough? Should I book flight and make hotel reservations before the interview? I think this is a better way to go. No, there won't be any kind of conference meeting of my company in US there.

Do not book any flight or hotels prior to visa issuance. The US embassy themselves are not advising that.

Goodluck with your application.

Sept 2011- Met Online

May 16, 2014 - Wedding Date

USCIS

July 13, 2014 - I-130 NOA1 receipt (Nebraska Service Center)

July 30, 2014 - I-130 approved-NOA2 (17 days from NOA1)

NVC

Sep 03, 2014- Case # & IIN received

Nov 13, 2014- Case Complete (9/14/14 & 10/14/14 ; AOS & IV scan date )

EMBASSY

Dec 03, 2014 - Received P4 letter ( interview on Jan 29, 2015 )

Feb 03, 2015 - Visa on hand ( Thank You Lord )

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

The proof that I can show to them are only my employment certificates here, etc my bank statements. No I don't have properties here in UAE. I have flew back in UAE twice already when I went home in the Philippines. I will come back here after my visit. We don't have plans to get married yet.

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Thanks again! I'll tell them about friends instead. But they are in different state. I can still go visit around US right? That includes all states?

Hi,

A visitor visa allows you to visit every state and territory that belongs to the U.S.

This works the same way for all visitor visas around the world, you get to visit the entire country.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Timeline

Thanks for making the little lightbulb over my head turn on.. Been running around trying to get all that stuff, even though someone on this board told me it was not needed. Jeez.. talk about time wasted..

Why not reference official US sources rather than dodgy Indian ones?

AOS Filed : July 12
NoA Date : July 29
Bio. Appt. : Aug 11
RFE for AOS Sept 6
RFE response Sept 13
RFE #2 NOV 5 (114 days)
RFE hardcopy arrived Nov 9 2016

Had 3025 transcribed by a civil surgeon.
Mailed back to uscis
127 days=485 . . 89 days=EAD
Nov 16 2016
Nov 27 New Card Being Produced

Nov 28 Approved

Dec 2 Card mailed

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Thanks for all your help! It kinda ease the way I'm thinking. But I have one more question. I will only have a budget 3000USD going there for a month. I'm not sure if it's enough. Should I apply for a personal loan here or credit card instead?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.