LibCampFireClub

Gov. Scott Walker: ‘I don’t know’ whether Obama is a Christian

326 posts in this topic

There are quite a few Christian leaders out there who don't think the guy's a Christian. Will he clear it up with the world and tell them, or.....

there are quite a few christian leaders who thinks god punishes murica for da gheys via natural disaster, not sure what your point is.

I'm not a Christian. Obama claims he is. Like most religions, Christianity has rules. Christians are not permitted to change the rules with a pen and a telephone.

well maybe i can enlighten you while i'm not a christian i've been around all flavors/breeds of christianity since i was about seven. my parents started off southern baptist. thirty years later, my dad doesn't go to church anymore and nowadays my mom sounds more like a quaker than southern baptist . thing is, and maybe this is what you don't get since you seem to think there is some list of guidlines or rules for christianity, all that is needed to be a christian is to profess jesus as your lord and savior. that's it. from one end of the christian spectrum to the other - that's the common thread.

so, by obama saying "i'm a christian' that should be it. no discussion, no doubts. it's between obama and god. that's how salvation works. that's the one and only rule.

Edited by val erie

Filed: Other Timeline

The American Taliban... They do exist...

Which religion do you prefer? Radical islamic fundamentalists who are at war with the West? Or perhaps You are annoyed by Christians who are now targeted by those murderers? Edited by ExExpat

Filed: Other Timeline

so, by obama saying "i'm a christian' that should be it. no discussion, no doubts. it's between obama and god. that's how salvation works. that's the one and only rule.

Sounds good to you I guess, but you see, when it comes to Christianity, it just doesn't work the way you or many Christians and non-Christians would like. There is theology that is quite complex.

Obama is the one who openly claimed he was a Christian; a faith shared by millions of Americans and people across the world. To clear it all up, all he needs to do is be a leader and step up to the microphone and openly speak and address the concerns of the Christian community. Or, he can just chuck it all and give up on it and tell them being a Christian was a huge mistake for him and he doesn't want to be a Christian anymore.

Edited by ExExpat

Sounds good to you I guess, but you see, when it comes to Christianity, it just doesn't work the way you or many Christians and non-Christians would like. There is theology that is quite complex.

Obama is the one who openly claimed he was a Christian; a faith shared by millions of Americans and people across the world. To clear it all up, all he needs to do is be a leader and step up to the microphone and openly speak and address the concerns of the Christian community. Or, he can just chuck it all and give up on it and tell them being a Christian was a huge mistake for him and he doesn't want to be a Christian anymore.

of course theology is quite complex, jeez there's only like 1,558,698,128 different types of christianity. but i don't get your argument: when it comes to christianity it doesn't work the way many believers and/or nonbelievers would like. really? how so? because.. theology? err, that's not an argument.

the 'christian community' is not holding their breath waiting for obama to address them. the christian community is vast, and i'd be willing to bet my entire paycheck that a large chunk of the christian community voted for obama, twice..and have never for a second feared obama might eat bo or is secretly not christian. my mom is a christian and doesn't question obama's faith for one second. there are liberal christians and there are inbetween christians and there is the religious right. don't fool yourself into thinking that the religious right in the country owns the christian brand. they do not.

I had a feeling. Only one kind of Christian - the rest are pretenders. Same for Muslims.

did you know that catholics aren't christian? i have a friend who was raised 7th day adventist and apparently they do not consider catholics to be christian. that was crazy to me, since as a southern baptist i was raised that catholics are christian, but in a lazy non committal sort of way. :huh: