LibCampFireClub

Gov. Scott Walker: ‘I don’t know’ whether Obama is a Christian

326 posts in this topic

Marvin, I'm sure you, as a Muslim man do not believe there are many paths to the same place. Do you believe the path to Muhammed is achieved by way of cheating on your wife? Or, by breaking one of the ten commandments?

I'm sure you don't.

I prefer not taking this into a theological breakdown, but Christian theology does not include multiple paths to God. There is one path. No one gets to the father except through him. If you claim you "ARE" then you must embrace the theology that came before you. Christianity does not provide for inventing your own theology.

I believe he is talking about many paths being the different religions. But I wasn't there so I can't be for sure.

Instead of asking Scott Walker, why hasn't someone asked Obama? He answered the question. Yet that isn't good enough.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: Other Timeline

For me, Scott Walker's response was good enough. He did NOT want to judge Obama, but he is also human:

Matthew 7:16, from the New Testament. Regarding whether it's okay to judge another or not. This is iffy stuff. In my opinion, it's up to Obama as to whether or not he steps up and makes it clear to the world with no equivocating that he is a Christian. Just like being a Muslim, you can't be part of a Muslim on Tuesday, and a Jew on Friday.

Matthew 7:16

By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles?

For me, Scott Walker's response was good enough. He did NOT want to judge Obama, but he is also human:

Matthew 7:16, from the New Testament. Regarding whether it's okay to judge another or not. This is iffy stuff. In my opinion, it's up to Obama as to whether or not he steps up and makes it clear to the world with no equivocating that he is a Christian. Just like being a Muslim, you can't be part of a Muslim on Tuesday, and a Jew on Friday.

Matthew 7:16

By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles?

But Obama said he was a Christian. What more is needed? And a better question, if Obama was a Muslim, what difference would it make? There's no rule in the Constitution saying he can't be a Muslim.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

But Obama said he was a Christian. What more is needed? And a better question, if Obama was a Muslim, what difference would it make? There's no rule in the Constitution saying he can't be a Muslim.

Because in the Christian religion it is required. Cutting off of heads, and people bearing false witness, false prophets is nothing new. That is why Jesus provided his disciples the following, which I've provided you in a variety of different English translations:

15"Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves.

15“Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing but inwardly are ravenous wolves.

15"Beware of the false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly are ravenous wolves.
15"Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

15"Beware of false prophets who come to you in sheep's clothing but inwardly are ravaging wolves.

16"By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles?
16"You will recognize them by their fruits. Are grapes gathered from thornbushes, or figs from thistles?
16"You will know them by their fruits. Grapes are not gathered from thorn bushes nor figs from thistles, are they?

16"Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

16"You'll recognize them by their fruit. Are grapes gathered from thornbushes or figs from thistles?
17"Likewise, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit.
17"So, every healthy tree bears good fruit, but the diseased tree bears bad fruit.
17"So every good tree bears good fruit, but the bad tree bears bad fruit.
17"Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
17"In the same way, every good tree produces good fruit, but a bad tree produces bad fruit.
18"A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit.
Edited by ExExpat

Because in the Christian religion it is required. Cutting off of heads, and people bearing false witness, false prophets is nothing new. That is why Jesus provided his disciples the following, which I've provided you in a variety of different English translations:

You don't need to break it down, I was a Christian for 35 years.

Correct. Absolutely. But, no man can serve two masters. No one can be both Muslim and Christian.

Right. But Obama isn't claiming to be both. He has said he's a Christian.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Okay. But, his behavior is not that of a Christian. Of course, that's a subjective assessment because I and all humans are limited to that. For that reason, we must all be vigilant and make sure that the sheep is NOT a wolf. It's like, but even more important than a marriage relationship in which you need your partner to validate. If you suspect they are cheating, you will ask them who was on the phone, or where they were. If they keep deferring to a single statement, then that is a sign of a cheater.

A Christian, like a Muslim is proud of their God and what they believe. It is not work to say it over and over and over again. Just like a husband not only tells his wife he loves her, but he demonstrates it by his actions.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/thedudeabides/obama-on-faith-the-exclusive-interview/

OBAMA:

I am a Christian.

So, I have a deep faith. So I draw from the Christian faith.

On the other hand, I was born in Hawaii where obviously there are a lot of Eastern influences.

I lived in Indonesia, the largest Muslim country in the world, between the ages of six and 10.

My father was from Kenya, and although he was probably most accurately labeled an agnostic, his father was Muslim.

And I’d say, probably, intellectually I’ve drawn as much from Judaism as any other faith.

(A patron stops and says, “Congratulations,” shakes his hand. “Thank you very much. I appreciate that. Thank you.”)

So, I’m rooted in the Christian tradition. I believe that there are many paths to the same place, and that is a belief that there is a higher power, a belief that we are connected as a people. That there are values that transcend race or culture, that move us forward, and there’s an obligation for all of us individually as well as collectively to take responsibility to make those values lived.

Read more: http://www.patheos.com/blogs/thedudeabides/obama-on-faith-the-exclusive-interview/#ixzz3SW6eXg4f

Let me translate--He said he was a Christian followed by a paragraph of Fuzzy BS, that no one who is deeply rooted in the Christian faith would ever say.

I am gonna pray for you .

Okay. But, his behavior is not that of a Christian. Of course, that's a subjective assessment because I and all humans are limited to that. For that reason, we must all be vigilant and make sure that the sheep is NOT a wolf. It's like, but even more important than a marriage relationship in which you need your partner to validate. If you suspect they are cheating, you will ask them who was on the phone, or where they were. If they keep deferring to a single statement, then that is a sign of a cheater.

A Christian, like a Muslim is proud of their God and what they believe. It is not work to say it over and over and over again. Just like a husband not only tells his wife he loves her, but he demonstrates it by his actions.

What is his behavior? How is he different from any other presidents? Clinton cheated on his wife, his religion wasn't called into question. Bush lied about WMD's and no one went in on his faith. What is is about Obama that makes him different?

Let me translate--He said he was a Christian followed by a paragraph of Fuzzy BS, that no one who is deeply rooted in the Christian faith would ever say.

I am gonna pray for you .

Let's be clear, you hate him. No matter what he would say, you'd find an issue with it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Marv, if for 35 years you did the Christian thing, then you remember doubting Thomas. Jesus did not belittle him when he doubted. Instead, he validated his identity. Call we "Conservatives" the doubting Thomas' of the 21st century. Jesus has been gone a long time. Do you think for a moment he would behave as you to expect that everyone should believe the spoken word when they appear to be cheating?

Nah! Ain't gonna happen. I think he's a cheater, and I will contact the producer to the live TV program to film him sucking face with that evil biitch I think he's been screwing.

Edited by ExExpat

Marv, if for 35 years you did the Christian thing, then you remember doubting Thomas. Jesus did not belittle him when he doubted. Instead, he validated his identity. Call we "Conservatives" the doubting Thomas' of the 21st century. Jesus has been gone a long time. Do you think for a moment he would behave as you to expect that everyone should believe the spoken word when they appear to be cheating?

Nah! Ain't gonna happen. I think he's a cheater, and I will contact the producer to the live TV program to film him sucking face with that evil biitch I think he's been screwing.

I ask again, what about Obama makes him a cheater? What did he do that makes you doubt his validity as a Christian?

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

I ask again, what about Obama makes him a cheater? What did he do that makes you doubt his validity as a Christian?

Seriously? Even you need to realize there are a lot of people who think he's a dirt bag cheater with a wet Richard in his hand. Damn you censoring ignoramuses. Get a clue.

Edited by ExExpat

Seriously? Even you need to realize there are a lot of people who think he's a dirt bag cheater with a wet Richard in his hand. Damn you censoring ignoramuses. Get a clue.

Proof? Do you have any?

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

By the way VJ censors. My get a clue comment was directed at you because your anti conservative agenda will not allow a poster to say wet Richard or wet duck.

Ducks are dicks

Edited by ExExpat