TiestoSoulmates

601 Expedite Waiver approved!!!!!! Now What?

19 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

On Jan 27 I overnighted my 601 Waiver to the Phoenix address per my instructions when I called the USCIS. I called the next day to see if it would be expedited and was told it was being shipped to the Nebraska center. I logged into the website Uscis.gov and it showed my waiver was received and I would be sent instructions on how the case would be handled. I came here to see my husband in Morocco because it is our one year anniversary. We decided to call to find out whether or not the case would be expedited and she did the waiver was already approved the day before! !!!!

She said I should receive instructions in the mail but I really don't want to wait that long as I am waiting for surgery and my husband to take care of me.

the lady said something about An I485 but I can't find it anywhere in conjunction with the i601 however I do see it with a 601 A but he is not living in United States he is in Morocco.

Any help would be sincerely appreciated.

And no I did not use a lawyer.

Waiver mailed January 17th

Waiver received January 18th

Waiver received from Phoenix to Nebraska Center January 27th

Waiver approved February 17th!!!!!!

this is for a 601 waiver no lawyer assistance and the reason for the expedite is because I need two surgeries one is pre cancer related in addition to I am also bipolar with PSTD and panic disorder and severe depression.

The I485 is only to adjust status if you are living in the US. It would not apply if your husband is outside of the US. Our waiver was expedited. You should contact the embassy and tell them you have an approval. The embassy won't do anything until they receive the approval verification from the Nebraska Service Center. When that happens, you'll receive an instruction letter telling you What the embassy requires before they issue the visa. It all depends on your embassy and how fast they move. Our end process would have only been about 2 weeks but it just happened to be Christmas time so the holiday slowed it all down. NSC approved our waiver on December 17th and my husband entered the US on January 18th. When my husband picked the visa up on January 13th, direct flights were booked for the following few days, so he flew on the 18th. I guess it's all about luck.

Edited by LoveMyTico

Married March 9, 2013
NOA1 I-130 April 12, 2013

Transferred to TSC Nov 27, 2013
APPROVED March 18, 2014 FINALLY ! ! ! !! 11 MONTHS & 6 LONG DAYS FOR MY NOA2
Case shipped from TSC to NVC March 21, 2014
Rec'd NOA2 hard copy March 22, 2014
Case rec'd & Case Number assigned April 1, 2014
AMAZING !!!
PAID IV and AOS fees online April 5, 2014
Fees show paid/DS 260 avail. /DS260 submitted/AOS&IV pkg sent April 9, 2014
FEDEX delivered @ NVC April 11, 2014
Revised AOS pkg delivered April 15, 2014
AOS & IV rec'd& scanned in @ NVC April 15, 2014
Revised AOS scanned April 18, 2014
AOS checklist for income and IV pkg April 30, 2014 (checklist expected due to Lawyers mistakes)
DS260 accepted April 30, 2014
Checklist for Birth cert/police cert May 1, 2014
AOS accepted May 5, 2014

Birth cert scanned MAY 8, 2014

CASE COMPLETE JUNE 4, 2014 CC letter received via email June 11, 2014

INTERVIEW JULY 15, 2014

Waiver finally FedEx'd to Phoenix Lockbox August 21, 2014

WAIVER APPROVED December 17, 2014

Received Instruction Letter via email December 23, 2014

Final Embassy Appointment January 5, 2015 YAY !

Visa ISSUED January 12, 2015

event.png

event.png

Timeline

So we don't I 485 right? does the green card come with the visa if he is in his home country?and thank you for your response.

this is for a 601 waiver no lawyer assistance and the reason for the expedite is because I need two surgeries one is pre cancer related in addition to I am also bipolar with PSTD and panic disorder and severe depression.

The embassy will print the v visa and put it in the passport. He will use the visa to enter the US. The green card gets mailed after POE. they say it takes 45-60 days. My husband received his social security card 8 calendar days after he entered. Make sure you pay the immigrant fee on Elis before he leaves his country. Make sure you enter the mailing address in the profile section.

Married March 9, 2013

AMAZING !!!
AOS checklist for income and IV pkg April 30, 2014 (checklist expected due to Lawyers mistakes)
AOS accepted May 5, 2014

INTERVIEW JULY 15, 2014

event.png

event.png

Timeline

I'm so new to this my apologies. What is POE point of entry? What is Elis so that we can pay his fee? And enter the mailing address where? just as I was reading your response we just now got the notice of action that they received my waiver but they sent it here to my husband in Morocco and it took three weeks. Is there anything I can do ahead of time to expedite the process. And again thank you guys SO much for the help and congrats on your waivers!!!!!

I'm so new to this my apologies. What is POE point of entry? What is Elis so that we can pay his fee? And enter the mailing address where? just as I was reading your response we just now got the notice of action that they received my waiver but they sent it here to my husband in Morocco and it took three weeks. Is there anything I can do ahead of time to expedite the process. And again thank you guys SO much for the help and congrats on your waivers!!!!!

POE = Port of Entry

Elis is the system where you pay the immigrant fee AFTER you get your visa. You need your A-number to register for the account and you have to pay with a US account.

You can contact the embassy in Morocco and ask them if they have the approval from the USCIS. Our embassy emailed the instruction letter and let me email the documents before my husband went for his second interview to drop off his new medical and police report. We already knew we would need those so my husband went the say we got the waiver approval notification.

The embassy won't budge until they get the approval from the USCIS. Sometimes they want the hard copy in snail mail, and sometimes they will get an email confirmation from the USCIS. It all depends on how your embassy does business.

You can check your status on the CEAC site. I watched the date change on our case a million times. I was happy that at least I could see that somebody was working on it. Unlike the USCIS where you have no idea and you are left in the dark.

GOOD LUCK

Married March 9, 2013

AMAZING !!!
AOS accepted May 5, 2014

INTERVIEW JULY 15, 2014

event.png

event.png

Timeline

Ty much for the help. My case was expedited and we were given the confirmation of the approval on the USCIS website however when I put the same case number on the CEAC website there is no information there thank you. I also thought that I saw somewhere on the website that I had to go to eat well is to pay the immigrant fee before he arrived but as soon as he left his country is this correct and thank you again

Ty much for the help. My case was expedited and we were given the confirmation of the approval on the USCIS website however when I put the same case number on the CEAC website there is no information there thank you. I also thought that I saw somewhere on the website that I had to go to eat well is to pay the immigrant fee before he arrived but as soon as he left his country is this correct and thank you again

Does the USCIS website show an approval? If there are no updates on the CEAC, then the embassy hasn't started working on it. I got my Senator's office involved. They contacted the USCIS and the embassy to let them know it was an expedite. The Embassy in Costa Rica was amazing. I called them twice a week. They were super helpful. It sounds like the embassy in Morocco is not going to be very helpful. Try contacting them through email and the phone.

The immigrant fee should be paid before your husband enters the US. I read somewhere that its not really a big deal if you don't pay before he arrives but it will delay the green card. My husband has been here a month and we are still waiting for his green card to come in the mail. His SS card arrived only 8 calendar days after he arrived. The USCIS says to wait 45-60 days for the green card. They make me so nervous. I don't trust a word they say.

Married March 9, 2013

AMAZING !!!
AOS accepted May 5, 2014

INTERVIEW JULY 15, 2014

event.png

event.png

Use the waiver case number for the USCIS website and use the NVC case number for the ceac website.

Married March 9, 2013

AMAZING !!!
AOS accepted May 5, 2014

INTERVIEW JULY 15, 2014

event.png

event.png

Timeline

Yes the new case they gave me for the waiver I am using on the USCIS website and it shows the approval. I will try using the NVC for the CEAC.STATE.GOV. tyty

Timeline

Ok I used the old nvc number for embassyCasablanca website. It shows denied last updated Feb 9.

Timeline

Ok I used the old nvc number for embassyCasablanca website. It shows denied last updated Feb 9.

• 2 years later...
On 2/20/2015 at 10:07 AM, TiestoSoulmates said:

On Jan 27 I overnighted my 601 Waiver to the Phoenix address per my instructions when I called the USCIS. I called the next day to see if it would be expedited and was told it was being shipped to the Nebraska center. I logged into the website Uscis.gov and it showed my waiver was received and I would be sent instructions on how the case would be handled. I came here to see my husband in Morocco because it is our one year anniversary. We decided to call to find out whether or not the case would be expedited and she did the waiver was already approved the day before! !!!!

She said I should receive instructions in the mail but I really don't want to wait that long as I am waiting for surgery and my husband to take care of me.

the lady said something about An I485 but I can't find it anywhere in conjunction with the i601 however I do see it with a 601 A but he is not living in United States he is in Morocco.

Any help would be sincerely appreciated.

And no I did not use a lawyer.

How long did it take for your expedite approval ? 

On 2/20/2015 at 10:22 AM, LoveMyTico said:

The I485 is only to adjust status if you are living in the US. It would not apply if your husband is outside of the US. Our waiver was expedited. You should contact the embassy and tell them you have an approval. The embassy won't do anything until they receive the approval verification from the Nebraska Service Center. When that happens, you'll receive an instruction letter telling you What the embassy requires before they issue the visa. It all depends on your embassy and how fast they move. Our end process would have only been about 2 weeks but it just happened to be Christmas time so the holiday slowed it all down. NSC approved our waiver on December 17th and my husband entered the US on January 18th. When my husband picked the visa up on January 13th, direct flights were booked for the following few days, so he flew on the 18th. I guess it's all about luck.

Hello please how long did it take for uscis to expedite your waiver? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.